Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - What Are You Drinking in 2021?

Hairy

7 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

No head ol fella. Just kegged it so its not gassed. Just wanted to show the clarity straight out of the fermenter.

I'll pour again in two weeks if my self control allows.

Maybe i posted this in the wrong thread, should be in the kegging thread. My point was the clarity in the fermenter for the transfer. 

Yeah I get it, looks like it will be a good brew. Cheers 🍻

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

All grain Pale Ale. Hopped with Simcoe and Cascade. Must admit I love this combo. This beer was meant to be an Oat Cream Pale, I used enough oats to go down that track. But this is freshly kegged just now. Almost chrystal clear out of the fermenter. 

20210930_164151.jpg

with oats in it should be  cloudy

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

with oats in it should be  cloudy

Tell me about it, that was my aim OD. It had a 4 day cold crash at 2 deg. We took the Grandsons to Coffin Bay and i almost forgot about it.

Explains the clarity, i also dry hopped with around 60 grams so there was some poo stuck to the bottom of my fermenter. Speaks volumes for cold crashing properly i suppose.

• Like 1

First bottle of Australian IPA, bottled 12th September. Bloody beautiful drop! Just the right hops ( I had to swap out the Eclipse but I forgot what for: might have been Simcoe). Very clear until the cold haze got it. Head is staying nicely. Glad I did a full batch. Body is just right …. Reminds me of looking in the mirror 🤪…. Alright, in 1985 🤣

409A34D0-B3DC-4A70-A704-329F621BEB1A.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Followed by a Landlord clone (extract),  bottled on the same day as the Oz IPA. I only had a few of those to bottle as I filled my first cornie. Hmm…. a bit of maturing to go on that one. I think a dry hop would have worked wonders. I dunno why none of the recipes suggest it. IMHO the Coopers recipes are really raring to go PDQ, with the exception of the Vintage series. Wait and see on the Landlord

A0D055B9-3431-445C-8A3D-06610AF57F10.jpeg

• Like 7

Had a sneak taste of the first double batch kegged out of the 58 L Kegmenter tonight, yeah I know it’s only been in the keg a couple of days. 

It’s the exact same AG recipe I have used a few times before but this one was up-sized to a double batch and I used Dubbya instead of Diamond Lager Yeast and I am finding it a bit bland, in fact a lot bland.  Now I don’t know if by doubling the recipe ingredients via BeerSmith it has left me a tad short on the hops side or if it’s the Dubbya yeast that has taken away the fantastic flavour I had when I use Diamond yeast in a 23 L batch.  All things being equal it was the exact same recipe and process as last time although I did a big  starter so this may also be the culprit, an over pitched lager.

It’s definitely lacking in that superb PoR pub beer aroma and flavour this time around.  Be a good beer to try out my new hop transfusion device on to see if I can claw back that wow factor.

• Like 2

I just put another Coopers Australian Pale together & felt it was only fitting that I cracked one that I bottled on the 14th September, it is really starting to taste good & apart from a few speciality brews I have planned for the rest of the year I will continue to keep this as a standard stock item, it always satisfies. 

I can't get one like this is in the Pub with a head like this. Cheers. 

260551852_PaleAle081021.thumb.jpg.466e693475c8b72dc59a1df9e900457c.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Mitch's Aussie Lager 2.0, step back through the links for the recipe.

Floral plus malty aroma.

Malty flavour and pleasant bitterness.

Less flavour than the first version.  The big difference is that this one was fermented with White Labs American Lager Yeast WLP840.  This one was also fined with Gelatin instead of Isinglass.  Not sure that would affect the flavour though.

IMG_2602.JPG.267dcc627e53b06c6e9dcacab95bf0f6.JPG

• Like 5

After drinking flat beer for a few Weeks and having followed the suggestions I received from the many helpful people here..

My third brew.. Jumped out of the bottle and is very good

It's a MJ's Craft Series (No.13) Australian Pale Ale

In wort for 7 days, chucked the hops in on day 7, commando, bottled day 9.

Three weeks ageing, (the last week at 19-20 Deg) Thanks for the tip.

Hard to imagine where I'd be without the Help of the Members here.

Thank You All

20211007_171753.thumb.jpg.ed569b1313a33ae59c6fb7d455af0f4e.jpg

• Like 8
  • Haha 1