Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - What Are You Drinking in 2021?

Hairy

20 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

OK that explains the frothy head, I am wondering what temperature in Celsius you call hot where you are ?

Close to 30C but house a bit cooler than that we do have insulation

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Yes I do know but the MJ Kit was a lager & that's why I used that yeast.

You can make a lager with ale malt. You can make an ale with lager malt. Its entirely up to the yeast.

Beer styles are governed by that as a whole.

I just thought i'd chuck that in for any beginners.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

30c is a nice spring day in Whyalla. Its hot here when its in the mid to high 40's 

I concur with that I have travelled all over this country even to extreme corners where the temperature is overwhelming, up to 55c, I am sure some of us have but that's what Australia is all about. Marble Bar for one is a good start, I remember being there in a XA Falcon with the old underslung air con under the dash, temp gauge dangerously close to the limit, Esky on the back seat full of iced cans & on arrival straight to the Pub. That was way back in the 70's but I can't imagine it has cooled down. 🥵

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I concur with that I have travelled all over this country even to extreme corners where the temperature is overwhelming, up to 55c, I am sure some of us have but that's what Australia is all about. Marble Bar for one is a good start, I remember being there in a XA Falcon with the old underslung air con under the dash, temp gauge dangerously close to the limit, Esky on the back seat full of iced cans & on arrival straight to the Pub. That was way back in the 70's but I can't imagine it has cooled down. 🥵

Legendary stuff!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Tried my Captain Responsible Session Pale Ale tonight which is pretty much Hoppy Days brew supplies recipe with a couple of tweaks. Pretty good actually at 3.7% was shooting for 3.5 but harvested yeast attenuated a bit more than anticipated. Has a nice little citrus aroma and very easy to drink 🍺 Been in the keg for 3days can’t wait to see what it tastes like in a few weeks.

0E6BAE03-500C-4676-8CB0-11D69A13BA7D.jpeg

Edited by RDT2
  • Like 9

Sitiva IPA a new hop blend with a bit of Columbus for bittering really nice. I get lime and maybe tropical fruit but definitely lime. Been in the keg for a month and has improved with time blending nicely. Took it to a barbecue the other night and it was very well received, with one person (younger person) saying he would pay money for this so pretty happy with that 🍻 

D765CEC8-A48E-4BDB-9808-F5D1032AFAF9.jpeg

Edited by RDT2
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, RDT2 said:

Sitiva IPA a new hop blend with a bit of Columbus for bittering really nice. I get lime and maybe tropical fruit but definitely lime. Been in the keg for a month and has improved with time blending nicely. Took it to a barbecue the other night and it was very well received, with one person (younger person) saying he would pay money for this so pretty happy with that 🍻 

D765CEC8-A48E-4BDB-9808-F5D1032AFAF9.jpeg

Good one mate hows the cold 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, PintsAtMeLocal said:

Good one mate hows the cold 

Yeah not too bad thanks a head cold at this stage hopefully it buggers off! Had some fruit shakes today for vitamin c so hopefully that helps!

• Like 3

I just re-discovered my keg of @Otto Von Blotto Ottos' Pilsner that has been sitting at 2 C since 12/08/2021.  A cracker of a beer on a warm day like today.  Good to celebrate getting out of gaol (lockdown) again today too.

Will take a pic later maybe.  Unless I kill it first ha ha😆

Edited by iBooz2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2