Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - What Are You Drinking in 2021?

Hairy

14 minutes ago, The Captain!! said:

dry hop was actually 180g per 21l

Hey Cap!  Would it not be cheaper and just as tasty for you to use just some of those hops as chewing tobacco?  Cut out the middle man so to speak.  Save you having to brew a beer and all.  180 g wow!.  🤣 

Come to think of it, have not heard from @Norris! in a while and I think he also owns a big hop farm....

Edited by iBooz2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, iBooz2 said:

Hey Cap!  Would it not be cheaper and just as tasty for you to use just some of those hops as chewing tobacco?  Cut out the middle man so to speak.  Save you having to brew a beer and all.  150 g wow!.  🤣 

Come to think of it, have not heard from @Norris! in awhile and I think he also owns a big hop farm....

Lovely big load of hops yes. Hops are quite well priced here especially our local hops.

100g of our local hops is around 6 aussie dollars

Edited by PintsAtMeLocal
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, PintsAtMeLocal said:

Beauty thaanks

The thing with this one is getting the best Citra, mosaic and simcoe hops you can. I adjust the citra/mosaic/simcoe blend depending on the aroma/freshness or those hops. To give you the “candy like aroma and bubblegum flavour” or reminiscent of bubblegum. Not to be confused with the fermentation flavour of bubblegum that is an off flavour. 

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, iBooz2 said:

Hey Cap!  Would it not be cheaper and just as tasty for you to use just some of those hops as chewing tobacco?  Cut out the middle man so to speak.  Save you having to brew a beer and all.  180 g wow!.  🤣 

Come to think of it, have not heard from @Norris! in a while and I think he also owns a big hop farm....

You clearly haven’t eaten a hop pellet or cone yet ha ha ha

180g. That’s for a pale ale. You should see the IPA version ha ha ha

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, The Captain!! said:

The thing with this one is getting the best Citra, mosaic and simcoe hops you can. I adjust the citra/mosaic/simcoe blend depending on the aroma/freshness or those hops. To give you the “candy like aroma and bubblegum flavour” or reminiscent of bubblegum. Not to be confused with the fermentation flavour of bubblegum that is an off flavour. 

Ah got u. Yes makes sense. I've noticed some hops are bursting with flavour others, not so much

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, The Captain!! said:

You clearly haven’t eaten a hop pellet or cone yet ha ha ha

180g. That’s for a pale ale. You should see the IPA version ha ha ha

That's what I am saying,  cheaper to chew on just one hop pellet and get those kicks!  Cannot wait until you post your IPA recipe with a  possible 1K$ hop bill of materials.

I knew a kid (my nephew) who would not eat any greens when he was a very young boy.  He would say to his mother, what is that green stuff doing on my plate?  His mother suggested that he put some tomato sauce on those greens (and did so for years) and for him to eat half to show his good intentions.  

So from then on he was addicted to tomato sauce and it had to go on everything, more and more and I mean smothered on everything every time.  He even used to put it on his breakfast cereal in the end which used to disgust anyone who witnessed it.

Later as a teenager he was diagnosed with pre-diabetes and had to desist with the tomato sauce, soft drinks and sweets etc. and luckily he did get out of that sauce habit.

Sorta think of him when I see huge hop bills in brews.  

Edited by iBooz2
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, iBooz2 said:

That's what I am saying,  cheaper to chew on just one hop pellet and get those kicks!  Cannot wait until you post your IPA recipe with a  possible 1K$ hop bill of materials.

I knew a kid (my nephew) who would not eat any greens when he was a very young boy.  He would say to his mother, what is that green stuff doing on my plate?  His mother suggested that he put some tomato sauce on those greens (and did so for years) and for him to eat half to show his good intentions.  

So from then on he was addicted to tomato sauce and it had to go on everything, more and more and I mean smothered on everything every time.  He even used to put it on his breakfast cereal in the end which used to disgust anyone who witnessed it.

Later as a teenager he was diagnosed with pre-diabetes and had to desist with the tomato sauce, soft drinks and sweets etc. and luckily he did get out of that sauce habit.

Sorta think of him when I see huge hop bills in brews.  

Here’s the recipe for a small IPA. FF5DFE51-025E-4076-92DB-FEF39EBF7F3F.thumb.jpeg.546cf5e50e512e5a343f927eeb15d0c9.jpeg23A88EC2-81CD-4A59-ADAD-775163BF0BE9.thumb.png.4e6dce04c922f6787f238fc05d2a946d.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Fair Drinkum, from the keg, couldn’t be bothered to change the stout bit so it’s a bit creamier than normal. Fridge is a bit too cold. Fine drop still 😉

There is a slight metallic taste, I had assumed it was down to its “youth” but it is still there…

25D91CE3-6B8C-4E26-A8F0-9F6FEB9F003A.jpeg

• Like 7

15 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:
15 hours ago, Graubart said:

Ale  -  yummmy

image.thumb.png.fef809af4fbf2be9cffc2d36b3c541a4.png

Expand  

Hey Graubster are you trying to win the photo comp 🤣 

Nice looking beers Mate.

I was thinking the same thing Classic Phil, although she'd be a tight finish between The Graubster @Graubart and our other brewing brother BS @BlackSands. Both offer up beeeeautiful images of their beers.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Watching the rugby tonight my neighbour bought some fat yaks over we drank those and then had my nw pale which I was disappointed with prior until I had it after the fat yak tonight🤣 Will add more hops next time but still better than fat yak IMO.

39FB846B-FD95-470B-983A-5D1A01243DE5.jpeg

Edited by RDT2
  • Like 5
  • Haha 3

Finished the last game of rugby between NZ and Argentina with my Pacific Ale with Enigma and Galaxy bloody beautiful getting a nice peach and raspberry aroma/flavour out of this very happy! Put $5 on Argentina to win to spice it up with my Kiwi mate next door but they lost🥲 I don’t know anything about Rugby!

725DEA50-3EE3-42F9-BBA8-AD6757FDF198.jpeg

Edited by RDT2
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3