Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - What Are You Drinking in 2021?

Hairy

3 hours ago, Pale Man said:

Oh my!!!  I nearly fainted. That looks the goods, bet it taste just that. Beautiful.

2 hours ago, Greenyinthewestofsydney said:

Very nice. Takes a few months for the Belgians to shine but shine they do. 

cheers fellas.... re-reading my post (a bit more sober) it sounds a bit smug and blowing my own trumpet etc. Didn't mean to:  I reckon you really have to leave those Belgians long enough to mature correctly. I read somewhere that for every .010 on the hydrometer you should leave it a week. Mine are about 6 months old.

The other thing about the brew is that is stalled on me, I stirred it a bit, and ended up putting in half a pack of MJ41 to kick start it. If memory servers it took almost a month to finish off fermenting 😭

• Like 3

1 hour ago, stquinto said:

cheers fellas.... re-reading my post (a bit more sober) it sounds a bit smug and blowing my own trumpet etc. Didn't mean to:  I reckon you really have to leave those Belgians long enough to mature correctly. I read somewhere that for every .010 on the hydrometer you should leave it a week. Mine are about 6 months old.

The other thing about the brew is that is stalled on me, I stirred it a bit, and ended up putting in half a pack of MJ41 to kick start it. If memory servers it took almost a month to finish off fermenting 😭

My Duvel clone ( cold crashing atm ) was done in 7 days.  1070 down to 1009. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Pale Man said:

My Duvel clone ( cold crashing atm ) was done in 7 days.  1070 down to 1009. 

Sounds really promising ! I think I might have resolved my grain mill problem - looks like if the base plate is too tight one of the rollers won't turn. Weird because it's not in the way of the mechanism or anything. 

Anyway, I'll test it after work today, then make another starter for the W1388, and give a half-batch Duvel clone a go over the weekend. We're off on holiday for a week so I'm keen to get a cuppla brews on whilst I'm away.

After the first fermentation I can put the brew into a 10 litre keg and put it in the beer fridge. It's about 0° at the bottom of the fridge so that would be OK for 2 - 3 weeks.

Not sure how to bottle it from the keg - I suppose I can just gently siphon it off into a FV and bottle it, and try not to get too much air in it.

Good luck with your batch mate ! As far as I am concerned, a decent Duvel clone is the Holy Grail ...

Amen to that 😇

• Like 2

Just grabbed a sneaky taste of my first AG batch German Kolsch from my Fermzilla before kegging, nice nice, so far AG/BIAB is a winner for me. 👍👍

A touch under carbed ( only fermented @10PSI ) so will stick on serving pressure for the week whilst away working. 
‘But couldn’t help myself with a little taster 😜😜

1104022F-037A-4954-AA07-92620932B1A3.jpeg

• Like 12

2 minutes ago, Red devil 44 said:

Just grabbed a sneaky taste of my first AG batch German Kolsch from my Fermzilla before kegging, nice nice, so far AG/BIAB is a winner for me. 👍👍

A touch under carbed ( only fermented @10PSI ) so will stick on serving pressure for the week whilst away working. 

Nothing like a tester .  looks like a good colour   alittle hazy at the moment  but i think by the time you get back from work trip that will start to clear a bit more.

not a bad lacing on the glass for under carbed mate   cant wait to see this on fully carbed up

glad you liked the A.G/biab side of things mate

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Red devil 44 said:

I found the difference huge. A good AG beer is very fresh tasting. Glad you're loving it so far. 

• Like 2

Only Got two beers pouring at the mo, the house Pilsner which has come up great after a few tweaks. Still a few to go in terms of playing with certain hopping times… she’s pretty much there though.

and my “pub ale”. This is still in its infancy….certainly a drinkable beer but needs some work. On paper it’s a half arsed best bitter so maybe I need to direct it more towards an actual best bitter and have a bit more of a think. Anyway, cheers all.

061399CC-2D25-4927-9FB1-6D691244A5B8.jpeg

37447969-49E5-452B-A72D-C859774FEAD8.jpeg

• Like 13

10 hours ago, MitchBastard said:

Only Got two beers pouring at the mo, the house Pilsner which has come up great after a few tweaks. Still a few to go in terms of playing with certain hopping times… she’s pretty much there though.

and my “pub ale”. This is still in its infancy….certainly a drinkable beer but needs some work. On paper it’s a half arsed best bitter so maybe I need to direct it more towards an actual best bitter and have a bit more of a think. Anyway, cheers all.

Damn nice looking beers @MitchBastard but then I wouldn't expect much else. 🍻

• Haha 3

This shouldn't be happening, I am at the crossroads with brews awaiting bottling, others still brewing, down to limited drinkable stock & trying to save others for a bit longer. 

I bottled this Billy Goat Pale Ale ( a clone of Mountain Goat ) on the 4th October - yes 12 days, now this was in a PET tester that I always do & as it was as hard as Muzzy, so I thought I will give it a try, well who would know it is bloody beautiful with obvious youngish characteristics but hell what a flavour, the hop kick was unreal, I combined POR with Chinook & it is awesome, probably not to everyone's taste but I like it, it was so aromatic it made me sneeze, must have been the pine. 🌲

Cheers.

1317489236_MountainGoatPaleAle161021.thumb.jpg.18856470e1beacfc991be5337372c0ec.jpg

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

31 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

This shouldn't be happening, I am at the crossroads with brews awaiting bottling, others still brewing, down to limited drinkable stock & trying to save others for a bit longer. 

I bottled this Billy Goat Pale Ale ( a clone of Mountain Goat ) on the 4th October - yes 12 days, now this was in a PET tester that I always do & as it was as hard as Muzzy, so I thought I will give it a try, well who would know it is bloody beautiful with obvious youngish characteristics but hell what a flavour, the hop kick was unreal, I combined POR with Chinook & it is awesome, probably not to everyone's taste but I like it, it was so aromatic it made me sneeze, must have been the pine. 🌲

Cheers.

1317489236_MountainGoatPaleAle161021.thumb.jpg.18856470e1beacfc991be5337372c0ec.jpg

Looks a good brew mate @Classic Brewing Co,nice hops too. 🍻🍻

• Like 1

On 10/15/2021 at 7:13 PM, Red devil 44 said:

ust grabbed a sneaky taste of my first AG batch German Kolsch from my Fermzilla before kegging, nice nice, so far AG/BIAB is a winner for me.

YEEEEHAAA Reddler @Red devil 44.... welcome to the Dark Side

And agree with Ozzy @ozdevil it'll be even nicer on your next trial

And also with @Pale Man Paleo - glad you are enjoying it Reddler!!

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

OK all of you Cold Crasher's I didn't do anything to this but it still is fairly clear to me but I suppose it could be slightly, tastes good though !!

Hairy Nanny Mountain Goat Pale Ale.

720928302_HairyNannyPaleAle171021.thumb.jpg.01a86bb108fdc1d83701f9aec79b415c.jpg

What yeast?

26 minutes ago, Tone boy said:

What yeast?

US-05 I find this to be really great for the job as it forms a really nice tightly packed yeast deposit on the bottom of the FV not interfering with the bottling, you pretty much get all of the beer without any cloudiness. As we know it is a slow starter but it is a great yeast. In my latest Pale I have used s-04 to see the difference.

Cheers.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

US-05 I find this to be really great for the job as it forms a really nice tightly packed yeast deposit on the bottom of the FV not interfering with the bottling, you pretty much get all of the beer without any cloudiness. As we know it is a slow starter but it is a great yeast. In my latest Pale I have used s-04 to see the difference.

Cheers.

Yep agree Phil. Probably why your beer ended up so clear.
I have been cold crashing for the last 10 or so brews but I think I won’t bother with pale ales anymore, and not with my pacific ale recipe. I have noticed it takes a bit longer for the bottles to carbonate with a CC but that may be due in part to the cooler weather. 
I’ll still CC my lagers to get them as clear as I can. But hoppy ales I want them carbonated and ready to go so I can enjoy those hops before they fade away…

Cheers 🍻✌️

• Like 3

First tasting of an version of Timothy Taylor Landlord, from a recipe in a CAMRA (campaign for real ale) book. No hops present at all. Quite disappointing as I have my first every cornie keg full of it 😬

Wish I’d dry-hopped it 😰

0B59626B-B942-4338-B4F1-F730C2C45782.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2