Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - What Are You Drinking in 2021?

Hairy

59 minutes ago, DavidM said:

After drinking flat beer for a few Weeks and having followed the suggestions I received from the many helpful people here..

My third brew.. Jumped out of the bottle and is very good

It's a MJ's Craft Series (No.13) Australian Pale Ale

In wort for 7 days, chucked the hops in on day 7, commando, bottled day 9.

Three weeks ageing, (the last week at 19-20 Deg) Thanks for the tip.

Hard to imagine where I'd be without the Help of the Members here.

Thank You All

That's the way it goes Dave, there is lot's of help available here, glad you got a good result.

Cheers

Phil

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

After drinking flat beer for a few Weeks and having followed the suggestions I received from the many helpful people here..

My third brew.. Jumped out of the bottle and is very good

It's a MJ's Craft Series (No.13) Australian Pale Ale

In wort for 7 days, chucked the hops in on day 7, commando, bottled day 9.

Three weeks ageing, (the last week at 19-20 Deg) Thanks for the tip.

Thank You All

20211007_171753.thumb.jpg.ed569b1313a33ae59c6fb7d455af0f4e.jpg

Looks lovely, nice rich colour. Most of mine look like that too. Well done and cheers

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DavidM said:

Temperature, sanitation and time are essential. As Journeyman said if you don't get these under control the rest of the added bits is like putting lipstick on a pig. 🍻  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Cooper's Pale Ale, Two weeks in and it's just perfect.

Straight K&K

@DavidM Fine looking drink, I agree, Coopers Pale is very hard to beat, I normally start drinking mine after 2 weeks, mainly to try them but it is such a foolproof, great recipe you just keep carrying on - That's why I make so many of them. Cheers.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Thanks, Taste's great, I've always preferred Pale..

Am loving the learning curve but couldn't have done it so quick without the help from this forum.

All good, that is what this forum is all about, I know I would have the support of most on this topic as we all had to start somewhere.

If you can learn & pick up valuable tips/help & start producing beer that you enjoy drinking that is what it is all about. 

The main thing to remember is no question is stupid only there are sometimes stupid answers quoting our leaned friend @Aussiekraut  just stick to your instincts & pick up the tips that are revered by most.

Cheers.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

Back at the fencepost - Cascade Ale - lovely and creamy and all round Taschtee and Goodness:

And I was starting to get the post and rail withdrawal symptoms ha ha😁  Now I am good for a little while longer.😉

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, iBooz2 said:

And I was starting to get the post and rail withdrawal symptoms ha ha😁  Now I am good for a little while longer.😉

Haha thanks Boozer 🙏

Yeah the problem was that I was getting severe P-n-R overload 😬

It's about getting the balance right and I am going on the wagon side of lean for now but hope to be back next Sunday : )

• Like 3

And from yesterday Sunday - one more Post n Railer which I did not get to putting up for viewing by all ye Brewers - here the 

Itinerant Mountain Peasants' Gentle Pale Spring Ale

Voyager's Atlas Latrobe, Veloria Schooner, Compass Pale, Heritage Rye and

hoppage Amarillo --> is a little cloudy but not raining 😋

Is truly yumbo and will be visited again next Sunday 🥳

image.thumb.png.63921533c920c511663cd2d9a34a9443.png

• Like 12

Tasting a Belgian Dubbel I bottled several months ago, with a lower amount of sugar for the bottle conditioning, so as not to end up with gushers. 
What a blinder! In many meanings of the word- it’s a 9 volter…

I’ve got 24 in a slab - only a 9 litre brew. 
What a beauty! Gives Chimay Blue and Westmalle Dubbel a run for its money. Pity I didn’t take notes re. BE etc. 
More than happy though 

57A71BF2-42DE-400F-85A9-317BD6A526D7.jpeg

• Like 8

On 10/10/2021 at 6:58 PM, Classic Brewing Co said:
On 10/10/2021 at 6:51 PM, DavidM said:

Cooper's Pale Ale, Two weeks in and it's just perfect.

Straight K&K

@DavidM Fine looking drink, I agree, Coopers Pale is very hard to beat, I normally start drinking mine after 2 weeks, mainly to try them but it is such a foolproof, great recipe you just keep carrying on - That's why I make so many of them. Cheers.

Hey Phil, love the pales and summer beers too, Coopers Pale is so good. I've just done the Eclipse Pale from the Coopers recipe page - have you tried that? It's now about 3 weeks in the bottle - can't wait for a nice warm day in Melbourne to try it out. Oh wait - I'm in Melbourne it's never warm here. 🍺😉 It smelt beautiful in the FV while fermenting.

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Mickep said:

Hey Phil, love the pales and summer beers too, Coopers Pale is so good. I've just done the Eclipse Pale from the Coopers recipe page - have you tried that? It's now about 3 weeks in the bottle - can't wait for a nice warm day in Melbourne to try it out. Oh wait - I'm in Melbourne it's never warm here. 🍺😉 It smelt beautiful in the FV while fermenting.

Yeah they are the way to go, I have several different Pales happening ATM as I have 4 FV's & I just can't stop making them as well as IPA's et. My latest awaiting tasting is a Hairy Nanny Pale Ale ( Mountain Goat Pale Ale clone ) & I can't wait - Monday will be 14 days & I always include a couple of PET bottles for carb testing etc. I am yet to try the Eclipse Pale but I will.

Cheers.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, stquinto said:

Tasting a Belgian Dubbel I bottled several months ago, with a lower amount of sugar for the bottle conditioning, so as not to end up with gushers. 

What a beauty! Gives Chimay Blue and Westmalle Dubbel a run for its money. Pity I didn’t take notes re. BE etc. 
More than happy though 

Oh my!!!  I nearly fainted. That looks the goods, bet it taste just that. Beautiful.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, stquinto said:

More than happy though 

Very nice. Takes a few months for the Belgians to shine but shine they do. 

• Like 3