Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - What Are You Drinking in 2021?

Hairy

Six Thirty. An American pale ale hopped with HBC630. Quite tasty and apparently well received but it might need a little tweaking. I’ll probably opt for a dry hop next time. Good but not overbearing bitterness upfront but it lacks a little of the awesome flavour of the hop, hence thinking about the dry hop.

CD9B52DD-5305-4764-BA8E-E447744A1286.thumb.jpeg.514ad927bb6448f3afab2540f82b898e.jpeg

• Like 9

10 minutes ago, Stickers said:

nice feeling as a homebrewer when you finally get to have a mate over and they spend a fair bit of the afternoon topping up their glass from one of your brews. happy days.

Yep finally we can share a brew with a mate again but you had better be careful that 1 mate does not turn into 4 or 5 as they will soon clean all your good brews out.  Nice free beer has a multiplying effect on mates.😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 10/20/2021 at 12:35 PM, Pale Man said:

Two days in the keg, obviously not carbed or conditioned but I had to have a tester. My AG Duvel clone.

Well you could push me over with a feather. I've nailed it. It's so close to Duvel even if not better. This is the biggest win I've ever had. I actually feel like a real brewer now. This is a smashing beer for those that appreciate the style. 

Now............I need to let it age. 

20211020_205821.jpg

Mate, I am jealous. You have found the Holy Grail, made your hadj (ok, perhaps not)…

I’ve been sitting on my AG kit for two weeks (admittedly one on holiday, and the other having been delayed having mis-assembled the mill), but my first will be a Duvel clone. 
I’m up for pressure-fermenting then into a keg for the secondary fermentation at 0 - 5 degrees in the fridge. I wanted to bottle it but will keg it instead. 
I’ve been talking about it long enough - as Elvis once said “ a little more action a little  less conversation” or something like that 

• Like 1

On 10/17/2021 at 10:56 PM, Shamus O'Sean said:

You could keg hop it.

@Shamus O'Sean  mate I went for the keg hop - I sanitised a hop sock and some string, let out the gas and chucked in 25g each of Fuggles and EKG, and trapped the string in the lid when I closed it. Seems to be a fairly normal practice to some. 
I’ll leave it a few days, pull the sock out, then stop conditioning by putting the cornie in the fridge

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

Leftovers Pale Amber Wheat Ale

Aromas: Caramel, Citrus, Pineapple

Flavour: Good body.  Wheat smoothness.  Good bitterness.  Fruit flavour.  Really nice beer.

Head retention is really good.  Nice lacing down the glass as I drank it.

Bloody awesome @Shamus O'Sean Looks like a great drop. Cheers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A second bottle of a Chimay clone that has been maturing quite a while now. Unfortunately I didn't keep note of the date I bottled it (or much else for that matter).

A bit more fuller bodied than the original but very happy with it.

Should make a bigger batch next time. Or try an AG version.

chimay_clone_1.thumb.jpg.b8a820bcb9f0d2dd3f135b789be0ec3b.jpg

After that a Czech pils I had left from bottling in January. Hmm... I think it's past its best. Still, waste not, want not...

czech_pils.thumb.jpg.75afa7e91146f5efab5360d8cbd443bb.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

On 10/21/2021 at 6:44 AM, Classic Brewing Co said:

Just having a Blonde style Lager, this is only 16 days old & so far it is very nice & I used US-05 which is a good choice as it's a lot clearer & head retention is good. Some of my other Lagers have been a bit cloudy & also malty tasting. I prefer Ales but this is OK.

Cheers.

1065553083_BlondeLager211021.thumb.jpg.746d15550702c673396abe1a3d2b4faf.jpg

Looks good and clear Phil 👍

I know nowadays cloudy beer is a bit the rage (sorry, hazy), but I remember homebrew from the late 70s and early 80s being, well, murky, and it went through you like sh*t through a goose.

A clear beer is beauty to behold...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/26/2021 at 6:29 PM, Classic Brewing Co said:

Celebration Drink - Mountain Goat Hairy Nanny Pale Ale Bottled 04/10 2021

Today I paid off my Car so time to celebrate with a nice hoppy beer !!

jag, rolls or bentley, phil?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Stickers said:

IMG_8619.thumb.jpg.aefaeccfc551337f9c01896dc87721a4.jpg

bit cloudy but nice and juicy, kit kilo and partial with galaxy and enigma on the hop front. and front and centre they are.

Hey Stickers I’m about to do a Bootmaker k&k and partial with Galaxy and cascade. Do you boil your Galaxy, hot steep or dry hop? Or all of them 🤣

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Tone boy said:

Hey Stickers I’m about to do a Bootmaker k&k and partial with Galaxy and cascade. Do you boil your Galaxy, hot steep or dry hop? Or all of them 🤣

yeah a bit of everything. boil some at 15, throw some in at 0 and dry hop

• Like 2