Coopers Community

What's in Your Fermenter 2022?

Shamus O'Sean

21 hours ago, ozdevil said:

trust me  on the gen4 its going to be worth the wait mate.

shipping from china to Australia is the killer    i am looking at getting one myself but i am still happy to wait.  the gen4 35l is a gem to brew with

but word of warning though as the deadspace is less in the gen4 's then the 3.1.1's   scorching can be a issue so you need to make sure the grain bed has got good flow through when recirculating

Hey @ozdevil mate, can you fit a bottom screen in the new Gen 4,s ?

• Like 1

Chilling back my RIS as of yesterday. The damn thing has over attenuated. With an expected FG of 1.022 the big bad notty sailed past that and pulled up at 1.014. With an OG OF 1.084 and Once bottle conditioned that should push it to the border of 10% abv

now….normally I’d be worried about the over attenuation but there is still plenty of body in it pre carbonation which is a good sign. There is a slight presence of alcohol on the back palette but is generally expected in that style and actually slots in Nicley with all the other big flavours coming through. Should be a ripper in. 6 months 😂

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

What's in the fermenter? Brew No.5 - a Coopers Real Ale. It is much darker than the Cooper Pale Ale. 

I cleaned the laundry; then sanitised the FV and equipment with a bleach solution before thoroughly rinsing them.  Mixed the extract and BE No.2 in 2lt water, then added water to 23l before adding the yeast. Still no extras - maybe next time!

With a small oil column heater in the laundry; the brew temp is 20deg, room temp 18deg, and outside temp 14deg. 

• Like 10

18 minutes ago, jennyss said:

What's in the fermenter? Brew No.5 - a Coopers Real Ale. It is much darker than the Cooper Pale Ale. 

I cleaned the laundry; then sanitised the FV and equipment with a bleach solution before thoroughly rinsing them.  Mixed the extract and BE No.2 in 2lt water, then added water to 23l before adding the yeast. Still no extras - maybe next time!

With a small oil column heater in the laundry; the brew temp is 20deg, room temp 18deg, and outside temp 14deg. 

Sounds good Jenny, good luck with it, I am drinking that right now from the keg, if you can step up to BE 3 you will even get a better brew, I would still suggest a 500gm box of Coopers Light Dry Malt as well to help it along. It is a nice beer.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jennyss said:

@jennyss  sounds like a ripper  brew you have got going ..

look forward to your results

• Like 1

Cooper's Family Secret Amber Ale:

K&K Light Dry Malt

250g Golden Naked Oats

100g Light Crystal Malt

25g of East Kent Golding boiled for 5 min.

25g Centennial at Flameout

OG: 1038

See how this one tastes in about 4-5 weeks. 🙂

• Like 7

On 6/2/2022 at 4:20 PM, jennyss said:

the brew temp is 20deg

Gold - good luck with that Brew - I think that it is a standout and with a little addition of say 250g of steeped and boiled medium Crystal you will be amazed...  it will be lovely all the same with watchergot : )

Also what @Classic Brewing Co Phil notes above and also you could consider a can of liquid wheat or maybe liquid light malt - and see how that changes things up a bit @jennyss

... the opportunities are endless for those who persevere ; )

Edited by Itinerant Peasant
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

Gold - good luck with that Brew - I think that it is a standout and with a little addition of say 250g of steeped and boiled medium Crystal you will be amazed...  it will be lovely all the same with watchergot : )

Also what @Classic Brewing Co Phil notes above and also you could consider a can of liquid wheat or maybe liquid light malt - and see how that changes things up a bit @jennyss

... the opportunities are endless for those who persevere ; )

I concur with @Itinerant Peasant Jenny, I didn't mention that addition but I can tell you it would take it to the next level, there is a cost involved but hey, what a great beer you will get. IP put me on to that years ago & I am forever thankful.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I just put together a COOPERS REAL ALE  ( left ) purely to keep stock levels up as I will be doing an AG brew this week, I am also trying to get all FV's going so I will have a stock of bottled & kegged beer.

It is a good opportunity as beachside today is around 10c raining & windy, not much else you can do.

20220605_135258.jpg

Edited by Classic Brewing Co
  • Like 8
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I just put together a COOPERS REAL ALE  ( left ) purely to keep stock levels up as I will be doing an AG brew this week, I am also trying to get all FV's going so I will have a stock of bottled & kegged beer.

It is a good opportunity as beachside today is around 10c raining & windy, not much else you can do.

20220605_135258.jpg

That has to be one of the most magnificently organised setups I’ve seen. 

Impressive!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Dustin Frothman said:

Impressive!

Well thank you Dustin, that is nice of you to say that, I have always tried to be organised in everything I do. I guess the AACC ( Australian Army Catering Corps ) taught me that at a very young age & I have always maintained to carry that discipline throughout life.

Cheers.

Phil

the_australian_army_catering_corps_0.png

Edited by Classic Brewing Co
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Dustin Frothman said:

Impressive!

You need to see the Whole set up, in person to really appreciate just how good it really is.🙂🍻

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

What's in my fermenter?
A MOSAIC HOPPED Extra Pale Ale Fresh Wort Kit hit with a pkt of US-05 yeast.

The Good Wife says they're the best invention since whenever because I don't make a any mess.
Win win all around.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

On 6/5/2022 at 2:36 PM, Classic Brewing Co said:

20220605_135258.jpg

Love your set up

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Cheers that is only one section, another section for AG Brewing, another for storage etc, outside area for bottling in the summer, shed for bottle /equipment storage etc ... BTW I am single 🤣

I claimed a tiny corner of our garage( not used for cars, build like a room into the house. Just waiting for my son to pick up his bike to  put a fermenting fridge in. Every time I clean and organise my brewing corner wifey gets hold of more “junk” to make the garage messy again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4