Coopers Community

13 minutes ago, Hilltop hops said:

I'm not sure how much im allowed to say about it! The names definitely something different. 

Yes, it caught my interest, that's for sure. I am intrigued. 🙂 Sounds like it might be the perfect pint to wash down some salty popcorn! 😄

Maybe you will be free to share the meaning at some point in the future....

Cheers,

Christina.

On 10/7/2019 at 1:22 PM, Hairy said:

Just catching up on many posts today. Congrats to those forum members on the list!

Are you allowed to post up recipes once the comp is finalised or does Coopers own them?

Thanks Hairy!
I’m not sure actually. If we aren’t the overall winner than I don’t think it would be a big deal so let’s see where it all ends.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

3000 R'sOTM anyone. 😀

Seriously though, I would love to know the make-up of the finalists' recipes.  Just so long as Coopers lets us.

They should put the finalists recipe's in the recipes section of the website. That would be a great addition to the current recipes I think.

Mitch.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I also had a bit of media publicity up here in the Pilbara. I don’t reckon I’d have received the same attention in Perth. Craft scene picking up with opening of a Craft Brewery coming soon in Karratha. I don’t know what the locals will do... Emu export or something with flavour?!🤣

Kinda funny actually as now got random people coming up to me saying ‘you’re that homebrewer!’ 🤣

ABC Pilbara news reporter put an article in the local paper after coming to my house to do an interview and I also got a telephone interview for local radio. 

Interested if anyone who is ‘metro based’ received similar coverage?

cheers, Chris 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Woodsy1525230278 said:

I also had a bit of media publicity up here in the Pilbara. I don’t reckon I’d have received the same attention in Perth. Craft scene picking up with opening of a Craft Brewery coming soon in Karratha. I don’t know what the locals will do... Emu export or something with flavour?!🤣

Kinda funny actually as now got random people coming up to me saying ‘you’re that homebrewer!’ 🤣

ABC Pilbara news reporter put an article in the local paper after coming to my house to do an interview and I also got a telephone interview for local radio. 

Interested if anyone who is ‘metro based’ received similar coverage?

cheers, Chris 

Good stuff Woodsy.

I lived in Karratha myself from 05-12 and loved the joint. Met my wife there. 
Good to here that the local press get behind someone when things like this go on. 

I’ll have to get onto the Pilbara times website for a squizz 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Greeny1525229549 said:

Got no idea how you spent 7 years there Cap. Spent 3 or 4 days there back in 05 while driving aroud Australia and the heat was killing me. Was about late Sep early Oct and at 4am in the morning it was still 23 or 24

If you can get out the islands, mill stream, Karajini and explore a little it’s great. I really enjoyed my time there. My brother was up there for just under 20 years and keeps threatening to go back. 
Loved the fishing camping and music scene there. 

On 10/7/2019 at 2:22 PM, Hairy said:

Just catching up on many posts today. Congrats to those forum members on the list!

Are you allowed to post up recipes once the comp is finalised or does Coopers own them?

Coopers own them.

From the T&C's.....

20. Intellectual property rights: By submitting an entry, each entrant acknowledges and agrees that, at the time such entrant becomes a State Finalist or National Winner (as the case may be), all copyright and other intellectual property rights subsisting or arising in relation to the entry (including but not limited to the recipe and processes) is irrevocably and unconditionally the absolute property of Coopers.    State Finalists must, if requested by Coopers and in any event as a condition to becoming the National Winner, execute a document in the form required by Coopers further or better evidencing the assignment of such intellectual property rights in favour of Coopers upon request and for no further payment or other consideration. Coopers grants each State Finalist a limited nonexclusive licence to use the intellectual property rights subsisting in their respective entry for that entrant’s own personal use, but not for any commercial purpose. Each entrant unconditionally consents in favour of Coopers and any person authorised by it to all acts and omissions in relation to that entrant’s entry which, but for this consent, would otherwise amount to an infringement of that entrant’s moral rights.