Coopers Community

49 minutes ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

Dang, I have a red ale ready to keg which I could spare a bottle worth from that I'd enter but it's an AG recipe. 

I think I read you just have to use one diy item.... Use their carb drops in your bottle ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

22 minutes ago, MitchBastard said:

I think I read you just have to use one diy item.... Use their carb drops in your bottle ?

Nope 

"(i) All Samples must use a can of Coopers DIY Brewing Extract (1.7 kg) or Coopers DIY Beer Unhopped Malt Extract (1.5 kg) to a minimum ratio of 1 can per 23 Litres of Sample brewed"

• Like 2

It should be an X Factor type judging set up. Where we all vote on forum members contributions 

Will it be King Ruds Galactipa 

Ottos Saaz laden Pilsner

or Karlos’ inventive type beer made from fermented pizza base and garden hose 

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

19 hours ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

Nope 

"(i) All Samples must use a can of Coopers DIY Brewing Extract (1.7 kg) or Coopers DIY Beer Unhopped Malt Extract (1.5 kg) to a minimum ratio of 1 can per 23 Litres of Sample brewed"

Oooh I've got plenty that meet that criteria in the cupboard. 9% oaked black saison? 

Edited by porschemad911
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, porschemad911 said:

Oooh I've got plenty that meet that criteria in the cupboard. 9% oaked black saison? 

7. Recipe Requirements:

...(v) The alcohol by volume (ABV) of the Samples must be no greater than 7.8%.

Sorry John, it's out. 😜

Cheers,

Lusty.

We've all got our favourite recipes and beers we like to make to suit our personal tastes. Although I love heavily hopped west coast IPAs I doubt that entering one in this comp would be what the judges would be after when it comes time to pick a winner. Hopefully I'm wrong, but I dare say they'll be considering other factors other than taste, in deciding what sort of beer will come out on top. The end product would have to be marketable to suit the masses, so I doubt they'll run with something that's heavily hopped or high in ABV because the punters out there won't pay the extra Johnny cash to buy it over their $45 to $50 case of megaswill.

• Like 1

On 5/10/2019 at 9:24 AM, karlos_1984 said:

We've all got our favourite recipes and beers we like to make to suit our personal tastes. Although I love heavily hopped west coast IPAs I doubt that entering one in this comp would be what the judges would be after when it comes time to pick a winner. Hopefully I'm wrong, but I dare say they'll be considering other factors other than taste, in deciding what sort of beer will come out on top. The end product would have to be marketable to suit the masses, so I doubt they'll run with something that's heavily hopped or high in ABV because the punters out there won't pay the extra Johnny cash to buy it over their $45 to $50 case of megaswill.

Too right. I was in my local dans and overheard two tradies discussing the beer selection for the coming evenings social soirée 

“ what about this mate , Little Creatures Pale ale for   a pineapple”

” tastes likes flowers mate, yeah nah grab the iron jack”

Anyone know an extract Iron Jack clone recipe ?

Edited by Coopers DIY Beer Team
Language
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1