Coopers Community

5 hours ago, Woodsy1525230278 said:

Thanks guys! Really pleased (and surprised!) 

Congrat's to all those that made the finals and especially to Woodsy, the Inaugural Master of the Brewniverse.  I cannot wait to give your beer a try and hear what Coopers are planning for the other finalist's brews.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I don't feel Coopers will rush the release. There will likely be a process over a period of time up-scaling to commercial specs & maintaining the important aspects of the beer to the same levels as the small volume brew. I imagine there will be a little bit of commercial tweaking but probably only to maintain tasting levels that will take a little time to iron out any creases found from up-scaling.

Then the marketing arm will need time to build up interest prior to the release date. The release date will also be pretty important based on the style of beer to maximise sales & that will also be taken into consideration I would think.

I love the fact that Coopers are thinking outside the circle & are looking for new avenues, approaches, & styles of beer to interest & engage the public. For a large scale brewery with NO subsidiary handles at their disposal to use in this space, to put their own reputation on the line & go through a process like this is highly commendable I reckon.

HatsOff-Forum.jpg

I hope every Australian drinker supports it.

Cheers,

Lusty.

• Like 3

On 1/29/2020 at 10:03 AM, Instigator said:

Personally, I think they need to rename it. "Fruit of the Woods" doesn't really make me interested in the beer. It makes me think more of dark berries etc rather than an NEIPA. Will definitely be buying at a least a sixer, though.

WHAT IS A NEW ENGLAND IPA (NEIPA)?

The perfect beer for summer, a New England India Pale Ale (NEIPA) is a style of IPA characterised by big juicy hoppiness (without bitterness), refreshing fruity flavours (without any actual fruit), and a smooth, creamy mouthfeel.

- source: craftcartel.com.au 

32 minutes ago, MUZZY said:
WHAT IS A NEW ENGLAND IPA (NEIPA)?

The perfect beer for summer, a New England India Pale Ale (NEIPA) is a style of IPA characterised by big juicy hoppiness (without bitterness), refreshing fruity flavours (without any actual fruit), and a smooth, creamy mouthfeel.

- source: craftcartel.com.au 

Yep, I know what an NEIPA is. According to BYO:

"The aroma and flavor should be dominated by hops, which are quite intense and fresh. The hop varieties used are commonly associated with ripe or overripe tropical fruit (mango, passionfruit, guava, pineapple, papaya, etc.), but can also have some stone fruit (apricot, peach) or citrus (orange, tangerine) character. Excessively resiny, piney, dank, herbaceous, or grassy characteristics are not typically found."

Not much in there reminds me of "the woods". 😉

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Instigator said:

Yep, I know what an NEIPA is. According to BYO:

"The aroma and flavor should be dominated by hops, which are quite intense and fresh. The hop varieties used are commonly associated with ripe or overripe tropical fruit (mango, passionfruit, guava, pineapple, papaya, etc.), but can also have some stone fruit (apricot, peach) or citrus (orange, tangerine) character. Excessively resiny, piney, dank, herbaceous, or grassy characteristics are not typically found."

Not much in there reminds me of "the woods". 😉

I had no idea what a NEIPA was. I just Googled it and shared.
However, the beer is called FRUIT of the Woods. Woods being the brewers name. I think it's quite clever really.

• Haha 1