Coopers Community

I can confirm my local Dan's had it. Arrived on a Pallet today, had to wait for the staff member to go out the back to get it (they were stocking it for tomorrow).

So, for those that would like it I recommend ignoring the Dan's website stock info and going into your local Dan's in person with whatever level of PPE you need to leave the house! 🙂

Edited by pilotsh
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hi All, 

Today is the official "launch date" for Woodsy's Fruit of the Woods IPA. That means that your local Dan Murphy's should have it in stock and it is now available to buy online. We'd suggest calling the store ahead of going in just to be sure. 

Please join us in congratulating Woodsy (forum member) on this great achievement! We're thrilled with the beer and have loved every minute of the competition

About the beer: Created by Chris Woods, Master of the Brewniverse 2020, this lower bitterness, fruit-forward India Pale Ale is bursting with tropical and citrus aromas from the generous use of new world hops. A small amount of yeast has been added to naturally condition in the can, further enhancing flavour.

For those who are wondering if we are running Master of the Brewniverse again.... we had planned on but unfortunately C-19 has put a hold on that. We hope to bring it back bigger and better next year so as always watch this space! If you haven't already, check out Woodsy's days at the brewery and get to know some of the finalists: https://coopersmotb.com.au/comp-journey/

Thanks always for your support. 

The Coopers DIY Beer Team! 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Ordered this to pick up tomorrow, looking forward to it 

Sounds more like a NEIPA, rather than an American IPA it's described as on the can though?

Edited by eggs13
Typo

2 minutes ago, eggs13 said:

Ordered this to pick up tomorrow, looking forward to it 

Sounds more like a NEIPA, rather than an American IPA it's described as on the can though?

I agree. 
FYI, there was no NEIPA as a category when entering, hence the closest was AIPA.  
👍

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Woodsy1525230278 said:

I agree. 
FYI, there was no NEIPA as a category when entering, hence the closest was AIPA.  
👍

Ah that make sense. Looking forward to trying it tomorrow 👌🏻

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Titan said:

Im drinking one now. Its definitely an APA lots of haze but just shy of a NEPIA. Excellent beer though. Hope this will not be a limited edition. @Woodsy1525230278 whats your opinion. Did they hit the mark with this one?

Thanks mate! 
I was aiming for a NEIPA.
Yep they did a pretty damn good job! 
cheers and I’m glad you are enjoying it! 

Edited by Woodsy1525230278
  • Like 3

38 minutes ago, Hairy said:

Well done Woodsy!

it’s a really nice beer. I particularly enjoyed the mouthfeel; great body.

Cheers and I would agree on the mouthfeel. I feel it wasn’t too revealing on the aroma front but when u get into it, it kinda revealed itself. 

54 minutes ago, Instigator said:

Well done Woodsy! It's real at last! 👍🍻🎉

Just ordered a box. So, what's the chances that it will be the ROTM this month? 🤔

And guys, we have over a year to tweak our recipes. 🤫

I think it will be ROTM for June? 
Liam, if you’re reading this correct me! 😁

Hi Chris (Woodsy).

I picked up a case after work today.

You can see the oats influence in the head on the beer, & feel it through the mouthfeel of the beer. That aspect is lovely. I can taste the honey influence that again is very enjoyable & well blended into the malt & hop flavours that hit all the right marks (IMHO).

I can now understand why the judges loved it so much & you won the MOTB. A very well constructed & delicious beer to drink around the 6°C+ mark where the hop flavours & aromatics become more noticeable & enjoyable among the malt & honey flavours (IMHO).

HatsOff-Forum.jpg

Well done, & this case won't last too long at all. 😉

Lusty.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Beerlust said:

Hi Chris (Woodsy).

I picked up a case after work today.

You can see the oats influence in the head on the beer, & feel it through the mouthfeel of the beer. That aspect is lovely. I can taste the honey influence that again is very enjoyable & well blended into the malt & hop flavours that hit all the right marks (IMHO).

I can now understand why the judges loved it so much & you won the MOTB. A very well constructed & delicious beer to drink around the 6°C+ mark where the hop flavours & aromatics become more noticeable & enjoyable among the malt & honey flavours (IMHO).

HatsOff-Forum.jpg

Well done, & this case won't last too long at all. 😉

Lusty.

3 hours ago, Aussiekraut said:

It’s arrived!!! Put a six pack in the fridge in the office, so have a cold one to take home 😀

F94F1B15-B92A-4AED-AD28-77F7E6D08898.jpeg

Be keen to know what you think mate 👍