Coopers Community

10 hours ago, pilotsh said:

Two days ago! I am pretty sure I checked in the evening on the day of the post (6th) and it was already gone.

Wow, demand certainly exceeded supply big time. 

Same with the cans as my local Dans had none left before I got there.

Wonder how many packs were produced? Hopefully they will do a 2nd batch?

On 6/2/2020 at 10:46 PM, Coopers DIY Beer Team said:

Chris Woods' Fruit Of The Woods IPA (Master Of The Brewniverse 2020) ROTM Pack is here. Once they are gone, they are gone! 

For our international friends, recipe is here: Chris Woods' Fruit Of The Woods IPA (Master Of The Brewniverse 2020).pdf

Cheers,

Coopers DIY Beer Team 🍻

Thanks Coopers DIY Team! Much appreciated!

Cheers,

Christina.

On 6/9/2020 at 4:20 PM, King Ruddager said:

I'm very certain you and I use the same LHBS mate. Perhaps raise the topic with them and they'd likely know which recipe I'm referring too 😉

And FYI I haven't seen it or tried it either.

Edited by karlos_1984
  • Thanks 1

On 6/8/2020 at 9:06 PM, Popo said:

Once they are gone, they are gone.

Appears to be the case @Popo

Was hoping Coopers may do a second batch as they have done so in the past when customer demand has been overwhelmingly strong. Normally commercial practicalities (economies of scale, profit, maximising shareholders value etc) kick in for most companies.

Think @Woodsy1525230278 has the last remaining stock left in his beer wall. Assuming he has not polished it off yet?

Mate, where in Karratha did you say you lived??

Cheers YB

Got my ROTM today and can't wait to get it in the fermenter tomorrow. One question. In the instructions it says to heat up 3lts of water in a pot to 65-70 deg and let the grains steep for 30 mins. Does that temp need to be maintained or do you turn off the heat and just let it sit?

Edited by ozlizard

58 minutes ago, ozlizard said:

Got my ROTM today and can't wait to get it in the fermenter tomorrow. One question. In the instructions it says to heat up 3lts of water in a pot to 65-70 deg and let the grains steep for 30 mins. Does that temp need to be maintained or do you turn off the heat and just let it sit?

Hey @ozlizard

Think you got a dud one then? Suggest you post it to me and I will reimburse you for the costs?

My view is maintain temp between 65-70C and make sure the grain is cracked if that is not already the case.

Maybe send me a bottle after you have got it into 2nd ferm?

Cheers YB

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, YeastyBoy said:

My view is maintain temp between 65-70C and make sure the grain is cracked if that is not already the case.

Maybe send me a bottle after you have got it into 2nd ferm?

Don't know about the grain being cracked but you must be if you think you are getting my Fruit of the Woods! (yes the grain is cracked)

Your bottle will be sent by camel train and I can't vouch for the contents 😉

19 hours ago, YeastyBoy said:

Appears to be the case @Popo

Was hoping Coopers may do a second batch as they have done so in the past when customer demand has been overwhelmingly strong. Normally commercial practicalities (economies of scale, profit, maximising shareholders value etc) kick in for most companies.

Think @Woodsy1525230278 has the last remaining stock left in his beer wall. Assuming he has not polished it off yet?

Mate, where in Karratha did you say you lived??

Cheers YB

Nah got heaps left! 
In Millars Well mate. 

40 minutes ago, King Ruddager said:

I’ve got four because I was sure it’d end up in one of my videos

Four slabs or four ROTM kits? Dedicated either way. 

My kit arrived during the week. I was thinking of subbing out the 1kg of LDM for a can of 1.5kg Light Liquid Malt Extract.  ABV is already very respectable, so I might rethink that. Time will tell.

Day five in the bottle. Chucked one in the fridge last night and just cracked it. Bloody ripper @Woodsy1525230278. Great colour, very slight haze, good carbonation even after 5 days. Definitely get the fruit and I reckon I can just pick up the honey at the end. Nice easy drinking balanced beer. Next time I might add a  bit more hops (because I can!) and maybe some oats. A good American IPA.

PS as I got down to the bottom of the glass could really pick up the honey on the nose and the palate. Didn't have Jarrah so I think what we had was Karri.

Edited by ozlizard
  • Like 3

On 6/27/2020 at 6:41 PM, ozlizard said:

Day five in the bottle. Chucked one in the fridge last night and just cracked it. Bloody ripper @Woodsy1525230278. Great colour, very slight haze, good carbonation even after 5 days. Definitely get the fruit and I reckon I can just pick up the honey at the end. Nice easy drinking balanced beer. Next time I might add a  bit more hops (because I can!) and maybe some oats. A good American IPA.

PS as I got down to the bottom of the glass could really pick up the honey on the nose and the palate. Didn't have Jarrah so I think what we had was Karri.

How did yours compare to Coopers commercial version?

On 6/27/2020 at 2:14 PM, bruiserbbq said:

Added the dry hops this morning ... can see through the porthole that fermentation is just about done.

Thought there would have been a lot more hops to add? ... but ... are well just follow the instructions!

Cheers Mark

IMG_1603.jpg

Porthole? What sort of fermenter is that? I'm puzzled.