Coopers Community

1 hour ago, RepSpec said:

Had a try.

I didn't get a big hop flavour at all, although it did get a little better as it warmed up.

Nice IPA flavour and style. Laced the whole glass and was probably more well balanced than most beers. 

Was yours subtle woodsy? Or was it more of a hoppy beer?

Might have to try another tomorrow

Wasn’t shy with the hops. 

i tried a few of mine just under room temp and in fact the flavours come through a lot more like this. 

I think mine was the ‘raw’ version of what was produced at Coopers, IMO. 

Personally even though I crammed in the hops with a big dry hop addition, maybe it was balanced by the malts and honey that were shall we say ‘generous’ in their quantities. 😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

@Woodsy1525230278 got my box today.
Went click and collect and got a mate to pick it up for me.

Very nice beer, definite Coopers aroma, like the XPA when the can was opened. Beautiful colour. Great head. Nice late bitterness in the mouth. Slight hop burp just then.

Nice one... congrats.

• Like 3

On 5/16/2020 at 8:19 PM, G00DSY said:

Q:  I note it has coopers ‘best after’ date stamp....  would it be worth stashing a few, and for how long?

I just picked up another case for that exact reason. ☺️

Going to try to pick some of these after work. Looking forward to giving it a go.

On 5/16/2020 at 8:19 PM, G00DSY said:

I visited Dan’s to purchase a slab for the first time since I started my brewing journey (I’m only a noob, first brew in feb) and am pleased I did - nice one Woodsy - very tasty!  

The anticipation from seeing the promos and following this forum added a level of excitement too 😉

Q:  I note it has coopers ‘best after’ date stamp....  would it be worth stashing a few, and for how long?

I believe the best after is ensure its carbed up as its bottle conditioned - well i guess its canditioned.

Light (as in colour) hoppy beers don't particularly like being stored. NEIPAs in particular known for being fickle for deteriorating with age and best drunk young - some people say it should within 2 weeks but I think that's taking it too far.

Generally high alcohol beers malt driven beers survive better from aging. 

Having said that you could try and see how it goes.

Edited by NicolasW
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, NicolasW said:

I believe the best after is ensure its carbed up as its bottle conditioned - well i guess its canditioned.

This is correct. Consuming before this date can lead to the secondary ferment not being completed and a sweet/undercarbed beer.

21 hours ago, pilotsh said:

Yeah, there is so much going on in the beer that I can't see it becoming undrinkable at six months.

I wonder if it should be treated any different as it’s in a can?

I ask the question because on the same weekend we sampled woodsy’s brew, one of my awesome neighbors (and street brewco members) brought out some ‘17 coopers vintage ales and they were fn awesome!  Not sure how much of the extra awesomeness was from the cellaring though...  what a weekend! 😂

Edited by G00DSY

Beer wall. Yep, looks like the party is at your place @Woodsy1525230278.  Grabbed slab of yours at Dan's last week and have downed about a six pack since.  Hope you are on commission at over 61 kangaroo skins a slab mate but well worth it and its a very nice beer so well done.

I bet your head is so big by now that its got its own gravitational field. ha ha..🤣

Cheers - AL

Edited by iBooz2
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, iBooz2 said:

Beer wall. Yep, looks like the party is at your place @Woodsy1525230278.  Grabbed slab of yours at Dan's last week and have downed about a six pack since.  Hope you are on commission at over 61 kangaroo skins a slab mate but well worth it and its a very nice beer so well done.

I bet your head is so big by now that its got its own gravitational field. ha ha..🤣

Cheers - AL

Nice one! Cheers mate 

On 5/15/2020 at 11:46 PM, Instigator said:

Got the shipping notice today that my slab is on the road. 👍

Aaaaand, it has gone missing. Dans reckon it was "misplaced" but I reckon it was "stolen". Word has gotten around how good it is, Woodsy! 👍

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Instigator said:

Aaaaand, it has gone missing. Dans reckon it was "misplaced" but I reckon it was "stolen".

Will they order another for you or are they just refunding? Hopefully the former!

4 hours ago, pilotsh said:

Will they order another for you or are they just refunding? Hopefully the former!

Yeah mate, they're sending another. Lucky I have plenty of HB to tide me over. A bloke wouldn't want to be thirsty with a 2 week wait for a box of tinnies. 🙃

• Haha 1

Polished off a whole case from Thursday to now. Went down to Canberra for my sisters 30th and picked up a case down there.

Certainly a nice beer that you can session without any issues. As some others have said I don't think its quite IPA territory but nonetheless a beaut beer. I was expecting some more hop aroma/flavour but the whole beer moulded together nicely and I think its the first time I've had a beer with honey in it so that was cool too!

Well done Woodsy 🙂

Edited by MitchellScott
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, MitchellScott said:

Polished off a whole case from Thursday to now. Went down to Canberra for my sisters 30th and picked up a case down there.

Certainly a nice beer that you can session without any issues. As some others have said I don't think its quite IPA territory but nonetheless a beaut beer. I was expecting some more hop aroma/flavour but the whole beer moulded together nicely and I think its the first time I've had a beer with honey in it so that was cool too!

Well done Woodsy 🙂

Cheers Mitchell! 
I don’t think it’s an IPA either. I brewed it as a NEIPA with honey in it. 
I was curious about using the honey but I think it gave a complexity to the beer which is what I was after. 
The more I taste it, I think it’s somewhere between an IPA, a NEIPA and a honey forward pale ale. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Woodsy1525230278 said:

I was curious about using the honey but I think it gave a complexity to the beer which is what I was after. 

I am interested in this, as when I go to the supermarket, there are MANY varieties of honey!

If you are allowed to say, did you specify to Coopers which variety of honey you used, and, did they use the same one for the "final product".

Thank you Woodsy! 🥳

Edited by pilotsh
typo

8 minutes ago, Hairy said:

I hope you bought the sole can.

Ahsole, didn't make it back to the car. To add insult to injury, the young bloke at the checkout bragged how he'd bought 4 boxes, Grrrr. Cheers