Coopers Community

298, 299, 300.

Phssst!

• Nice head hangs around for the whole glass (helped along by an etched glass).
  • Good cloudiness - From the Oats?
  • Aroma is understated, but complex.  A real "little bit of this and a little bit of that" sensation.
  • Taste is really good.  Bitterness, for me, has just the right bite and linger-ness.
  • Quite smashable
  • My wife saw the box and asked so what is the star wars beer?
  • Great work @Woodsy1525230278 and Coopers.
  • I think I'll have another one.

IMG_1797.JPG.ad5c11de5fccafe31ba9cd12916ff8ac.JPG

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

298, 299, 300.

Phssst!

• Nice head hangs around for the whole glass (helped along by an etched glass).
  • Good cloudiness - From the Oats?
  • Aroma is understated, but complex.  A real "little bit of this and a little bit of that" sensation.
  • Taste is really good.  Bitterness, for me, has just the right bite and linger-ness.
  • Quite smashable
  • My wife saw the box and asked so what is the star wars beer?
  • Great work @Woodsy1525230278 and Coopers.
  • I think I'll have another one.

IMG_1797.JPG.ad5c11de5fccafe31ba9cd12916ff8ac.JPG

Really good to hear mate, good to see all of you regulars on here getting stuck in, very experienced and knowledgeable bunch the lot of you.  👍

• Like 1

Got the shipping notice today that my slab is on the road. 👍

When do you get your pallet, Woodsy? And what the heck will you do with it all? 🤔 That's the problem with being a home brewer - I don't go through much commercial stuff anymore. I'd end up having to give most of it away, probably via a bloody big p--- up.

Like everyone else, ive picked some up.

Had to look bloody hard for it at my local dans. Had almost given up. Was on a shelf with the random beers. (I do live in the S/E suburbs of Melbourne...aka megaswill heartland, so i understand)

Got them in the fridge for a beer this arvo!

Edited by RepSpec
  • Like 1

@Coopers @Coopers DIY Beer Team

58 minutes ago, RepSpec said:

...Had to look bloody hard for it at my local dans. Had almost given up. Was on a shelf with the random beers.

Same here. I was wandering around expecting to see some sort of display given the beer is exclusive to Dan Murphy's, but nothing. I even looked in the Pilsner aisle Kelsey! 😉

I ended up having to approach a staff member to locate it for me & even she didn't know where it was & had to call a manager to locate it. Once found, it was a tack-on to the side of an aisle with 3 cartons sitting on the floor. Nothing in their coolroom if you wanted a cold one.

As someone who works in the industry, from an exclusive promotional stand point, I thought it was pretty poor.

Lusty.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Beerlust said:

@Coopers @Coopers DIY Beer Team

As someone who works in the industry, from an exclusive promotional stand point, I thought it was pretty poor.

Lusty.

Have to remember Lusty, aside from it been a promotion with Dans and Coopers, Coopers (in vic at least) have a very small market share. So id imagine, much like tap contracts in pubs, the big guys would have more prominent floor space. And its quite evident by the amount of floor space at my local dans, where peoples money is spent.

Carlton draught, VB, Carlton dry, Corona...and Marlin beer...even more so the mid strength Marlin beer. For those who like their water dry hopped with beer 🤦‍♂️

• Haha 4

I stopped at an uncle Dan's the other day (not my local) and couldn't even find their home brew stuff, let alone this.

I've read some reviews of this beer elsewhere which were not favourable, basically saying the real thing woodsy made would be heaps better than the commercial clone.

However, I'm still keen as to try it. Have ordered click n collect from the nearest Dan's so I don't have to go looking. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Instigator said:

Got the shipping notice today that my slab is on the road. 👍

When do you get your pallet, Woodsy? And what the heck will you do with it all? 🤔 That's the problem with being a home brewer - I don't go through much commercial stuff anymore. I'd end up having to give most of it away, probably via a bloody big p--- up.

Soon I think, but yeah it’s a load of beer, I’m sending some of it to family/friends in UK who are keen to sample it, but yeah, Gotta work something out! 

4 minutes ago, karlos_1984 said:

I stopped at an uncle Dan's the other day (not my local) and couldn't even find their home brew stuff, let alone this.

I've read some reviews of this beer elsewhere which were not favourable, basically saying the real thing woodsy made would be heaps better than the commercial clone.

However, I'm still keen as to try it. Have ordered click n collect from the nearest Dan's so I don't have to go looking. 

See what you think mate, definitely some differences to what came out of my bucket, but I reckon they’ve done a decent job and it tastes good 👍

• Like 3

1 hour ago, The Captain!! said:

Hey woodsy. 
Nice beer mate. Definitely a Coopers beer. 
Got that yeast flavour.

Good choice of hops.

I know we have all said it but great job. 

Agree. 
I think you could go with most of the dual purpose fruity hops and it’s come out decent. 
I might re-brew with a different combo next time. 
cheers 🍻 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Beerlust said:

I ended up having to approach a staff member to locate it for me

Same here, very obscure for a beer that is imho destined to be one of their best sellers. I hope they keep producing it.

• Like 1

I visited Dan’s to purchase a slab for the first time since I started my brewing journey (I’m only a noob, first brew in feb) and am pleased I did - nice one Woodsy - very tasty!  

The anticipation from seeing the promos and following this forum added a level of excitement too 😉

Q:  I note it has coopers ‘best after’ date stamp....  would it be worth stashing a few, and for how long?

• Like 1

Had a try.

I didn't get a big hop flavour at all, although it did get a little better as it warmed up.

Nice IPA flavour and style. Laced the whole glass and was probably more well balanced than most beers. 

Was yours subtle woodsy? Or was it more of a hoppy beer?

Might have to try another tomorrow