Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

8 minutes ago, PintsAtMeLocal said:

Sounds like u having a great session there today cheers mate wish I could join

There are rare days when music and feelings can takeyou out of the chaos and nonsense of the wider world

I would welcome a brew with any person no matter what creed or appearance, no matter what religion or NOT haha, no mater what colour or beer preference, but to appreciate a brew shared and the humanity that goes with that... all BS aside, as they say

This day, I am in a necessary selfish find some tunes that make sense and enjoy some drinks that taste and feel great!

Cheers! With what ever you have in hand right now!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Cee said:

There are rare days when music and feelings can takeyou out of the chaos and nonsense of the wider world

I would welcome a brew with any person no matter what creed or appearance, no matter what religion or NOT haha, no mater what colour or beer preference, but to appreciate a brew shared and the humanity that goes with that... all BS aside, as they say

This day, I am in a necessary selfish find some tunes that make sense and enjoy some drinks that taste and feel great!

Cheers! With what ever you have in hand right now!

Agreed and well said matey! Some days we need to just let go and enjoy 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Cee said:

ok

so one of those days that ends in. "Whyyyyyyy" yet therefore why not begin a recovery: Of warm, inebriated, "well why not" kinda acceptance and like my forefathers and foresisters before me, solace comes in a pintglass

This is a beer I would not usually try

But a certain dark beer was not available and the bloke suggested (I am sure with commission in mind) this one

I do not begrudge him his commission he heard my preferences and this beer is ... wow...

Wow

I might need to revisit after another swig...

Strewth...

strong...

tasty

Jumping The Shark 2021.jpg

Jumping The Shark 2021a.jpg

Wow ok

The cognac (is they how people spell it?) is instant and delicious

Yes "the Cognac is Strong with this one"

I recently made the Devils Half Ruby Porter - heaven in a bottle with some dark yet comforting music- and that comes to mind with this

I can indeed taste blackforest herry hues but I fear it would take more maturing time to fully explore this aspect than what I am Realistically going to give it THIS TIME ROUND - did you read that? I intend to make this again and tweak or twerk or whatever the correct wording is...

If any human digs this brew please advise what twerkings work well....

Thia is vwey expensive but so delicious

It is also soooo heavy... wow this experiment is a true sacrifice... 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Cee said:

Wow ok

The cognac (is they how people spell it?) is instant and delicious

Yes "the Cognac is Strong with this one"

I recently made the Devils Half Ruby Porter - heaven in a bottle with some dark yet comforting music- and that comes to mind with this

I can indeed taste blackforest herry hues but I fear it would take more maturing time to fully explore this aspect than what I am Realistically going to give it THIS TIME ROUND - did you read that? I intend to make this again and tweak or twerk or whatever the correct wording is...

If any human digs this brew please advise what twerkings work well....

Thia is vwey expensive but so delicious

It is also soooo heavy... wow this experiment is a true sacrifice... 

I would love some of theCooperians to try this and offer advice on cloning for simpletons 😉 THIS IS SO EXPENSIVE BUT QUITE DEILCIOUS

I will try to be more exact but for now...

I cannot... 

🤩

• Haha 2

Not for the faint-hearted at 10% but quite amazingly complex: malty, chocolate, full body, rich, a bit of toffee or caramel….

Made by the same folk at Westvleteren, where you have to queue up in the car park once in a blue moon when they  flog the stuff. 
Tempted to go up there some time to buy a slab. Could make a proper pilgrimage of it 🤔

07E4EAB0-9A49-444E-B6F0-6AD43F352B9D.jpeg

Edited by stquinto
Typo
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, stquinto said:

Not for the faint-hearted at 10% but quite amazingly complex: malty, chocolate, full body, rich, a bit of toffee or caramel….

Made by the same folk at Westvleteren, where you have to queue up in the car park once in a blue moon when they  flog the stuff. 
Tempted to go up there some time to buy a slab. Could make a proper pilgrimage of it 🤔

Sounds like a top plan @stquinto you could really get stuck into it, you might even grow wings. 🧚‍♂️

• Haha 2

Just now, kmar92 said:

@stquinto is that the knock off version of Westvleteren Trappist beer?

That’s the one mate. You can buy that in the shops: for the Westvleteren they used to have it on sale a few times a year and you had to wait in the monastery car parc until they called you in. You could buy 2 slabs maximum. Now I read they have occasional delivery slots because of Covid. I have a colleague in Belgium, I might get some delivered to her place. Her hubby is a bit of a p*ss head too so I’m sure it’ll work.

Once everything “opens up” again, I might do a road trip up there and fill the car up with grog. And visit some museums too, of course… 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kmar92 said:

I would love to try their Blonde (green cap).

Westvleteren or the Saint Bernardus?  Don’t know that one. In fact I’ve only had Westvleterent once: a bottle shop in Belgium was selling it under the counter for 15€ a bottle (only bought the one…)

19 hours ago, stquinto said:

Westvleteren or the Saint Bernardus?  Don’t know that one. In fact I’ve only had Westvleterent once: a bottle shop in Belgium was selling it under the counter for 15€ a bottle (only bought the one…)

Apparently the St Sixtus monks produce a blond as well as the Westvleteren 8 and 12.

• Like 3

IMG_9021.thumb.jpg.8a2917ea78dd371d57cbf6313cee4178.jpg

Stomping Ground (Vic) Stringer's Creek Pilsner with lemon myrtle, co-collaboration beer with Melbourne restaurant Farmer's Daughters. Scored a 4 pack of this from the work christmas present carve up and it's pretty damn good. initial flavour from the get go, a bit of a different sort of aftertaste but after a couple of mouthfuls, my palatte has adjusted. great colour and clarity, very happy with this one.

• Like 11