Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I had to go past Dan Murphy's this morning on the way back from the LBHS so I called in from a few bottles of wine & decided to try this Tui - East India Pale Ale, at first taste I wasn't impressed, it is very underwhelming, 2nd taste doesn't get any better but $14.00 for a 6 pack - what can you expect ?

I finished the bottle & I am reminded why we make our own beer. I will never buy it again !! 😬

Quote: Product details
Not a typical IPA more of a lager style but a nice beer none the less. A sweet fruity aroma with a hint of malt and on the palate a sweet malt flavour and a toffee caramel taste.

20211204_142630.thumb.jpg.1b0afa724ecaab8db93ee284d7b75526.jpg

Looks mighty cold Phil, perhaps it tastes better slightly more room temp ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Believe me it doesn't 🤮 the glass was room temperature but the bottles were very cold but I know what you mean.

Some people may like it but to me tastes nothing like a Pale Ale.

I'll take your word for it. I often like to try beers at different temps and get surprised by the taste differences. Our own beer is usually better tho

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, PintsAtMeLocal said:

I'll take your word for it. I often like to try beers at different temps and get surprised by the taste differences. Our own beer is usually better tho

Yes I agree they don't have to be freezing cold to enjoy them, when I open a longneck I leave the bottle out so I do experience them at different temps.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Stickers said:

IMG_8878.thumb.jpg.5724788d5b46b9c9fab84c6d6e7a0152.jpg

smashing down some kosciuszko pale pots and pints at an actual licensed establishment. been a long time

That does look good 🙂

It's been so long since I've been to a local. How much is a pot of the regular swill at the pub these days?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Frosty Chop said:

That does look good 🙂

It's been so long since I've been to a local. How much is a pot of the regular swill at the pub these days?

not sure about the regular swill (there was furfy on tap) but 7.60 for a pot of kozzie and i just handed over a $50 when it was my round for 3 pints and there was only shrapnel left. my big night out for the year

• Sad 2

12 hours ago, Dustin Frothman said:

One of my locals here on the Westside.

Love these guys and gals. 

I just Googled the address. I can't believe in all the times I've driven up and down Crittenden Rd that I've never spotted this place before. I suspect it must be tucked away in a group of commercial properties and not a street front property.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MUZZY said:

I just Googled the address. I can't believe in all the times I've driven up and down Crittenden Rd that I've never spotted this place before. I suspect it must be tucked away in a group of commercial properties and not a street front property.

So did I but I don't get over that side of town much, I could always check it out I suppose.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MUZZY said:

It only opened a couple of months back.

An easy ride or even walk from mine.  A bit spoilt here for choice with Bowden Brewing, Brewboys, Shapeshifter, The Wheaty and Big Shed all within stumbling distance.

• Like 2

Airport beer. All done now, HB for me for a while (with an odd Belgian to spice things up a bit). They changed the laws for getting back into the country whilst I was away so I have to do 2 f*cking PCR tests so it’s costing an extra 250€. Twice the price of the plane ticket ! 

69116013-114F-4309-9F9B-7EF1D3B8D8C7.jpeg

2 hours ago, stquinto said:

Airport beer. All done now, HB for me for a while (with an odd Belgian to spice things up a bit). They changed the laws for getting back into the country whilst I was away so I have to do 2 f*cking PCR tests so it’s costing an extra 250€. Twice the price of the plane ticket ! 

69116013-114F-4309-9F9B-7EF1D3B8D8C7.jpeg

mate  i have had over 70 pcr tests  ,   i have 2 have 2-3 pcr testsa week   due to my job

and that looks like a nice beer and i hope you didnt return that glass lol

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, ozdevil said:

Nicking that nice glass would help with the inconvenience of PCR tests !! That's a bit rough especially when you have to pay for it. 🥵

• Sad 1

First time in a very long while - out and about. Found this place conveniently across the road from the Wedding reception I was attending in Collingwood in Victoria. The Mill Brewery - goes alright.

I tried the the Pale ale and the Amber Ale as well.

Mosaic - the Pale was delish and had a huge hop punch while the Amber Ale at least for me was a bit ordinary - can't put my finger on it but just didn't seem balanced. Had a slight burnt wood chip taste in there as well. Having said that, the place had many other beers on Tap and the place seemed to have a great vibe to it.

"Mosaic"- Pale Ale.

IMG-4885.thumb.JPG.52dedc3e0271560fc96d3db1baaf0097.JPG

Amber Ale.

IMG-4888.thumb.JPG.d4dd6a3779b643fbbf0135c5ca5a28e0.JPG

IMG-4887.thumb.JPG.fd5f8c63b730a23bbe947368c6c82b5e.JPG

IMG-4886.thumb.JPG.0dd760c74fc3ce46c1add46e5f8c4dc8.JPG

IMG-4882.thumb.JPG.5495189d9f9475f7369ff38705d8dc7b.JPG

• Like 5

22 hours ago, ozdevil said:

mate  i have had over 70 pcr tests  ,   i have 2 have 2-3 pcr testsa week   due to my job

and that looks like a nice beer and i hope you didnt return that glass lol

20 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Nicking that nice glass would help with the inconvenience of PCR tests !! That's a bit rough especially when you have to pay for it. 🥵

B*gger me yours are free?
Pretty damned unpleasant free or not….

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Mickep said:

First time in a very long while - out and about. Found this place conveniently across the road from the Wedding reception I was attending in Collingwood in Victoria. The Mill Brewery - goes alright.

I tried the the Pale ale and the Amber Ale as well.

Mosaic - the Pale was delish and had a huge hop punch while the Amber Ale at least for me was a bit ordinary - can't put my finger on it but just didn't seem balanced. Had a slight burnt wood chip taste in there as well. Having said that, the place had many other beers on Tap and the place seemed to have a great vibe to it.

"Mosaic"- Pale Ale.

IMG-4885.thumb.JPG.52dedc3e0271560fc96d3db1baaf0097.JPG

Amber Ale.

IMG-4888.thumb.JPG.d4dd6a3779b643fbbf0135c5ca5a28e0.JPG

IMG-4887.thumb.JPG.fd5f8c63b730a23bbe947368c6c82b5e.JPG

IMG-4886.thumb.JPG.0dd760c74fc3ce46c1add46e5f8c4dc8.JPG

IMG-4882.thumb.JPG.5495189d9f9475f7369ff38705d8dc7b.JPG

Looks pretty impressive mate…. Especially when you haven’t been out much 😳

• Like 1