Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

12 hours ago, Pale Man said:

Little Bang Brewery Cherry Kreik. Very refreshing. Am I turning to the sour side?

Quite partial to the odd Kriek mate. Wouldn’t have more than one or two. Some Belgian breweries do raspberry ones, I’ve seen peach ones too. Bit sickly TBH. Type of thing you’d take to a party when you’re a 15 year old lad full of testosterone 🤣

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Red devil 44 said:

‘Daughter just brought the new boyfriend around for dinner in my bbq pizza oven tonight.

‘And he’s brought over a sixer of VB cans 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤮🤮

I think we need to have a little chat later 😂😂

Hey Red, first give him a slap for a start.

I agree a little chat is necessary, I mean, really 😬 what was he thinking ? I would tell him get down the Bottle'O & bring back some Coopers Pale Ale or Sparkling Ale & pour the other sh.. down the sink 😀

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Red devil 44 said:

‘Daughter just brought the new boyfriend around for dinner in my bbq pizza oven tonight.

i wouldnt leave the chat for later

What you need to do is have a good chat with him now

say thankyou for giving the recycling bin a feed of glass and drop the full vb stubbies in the bin
and tell him thats infected beer

then quietly slap him around and tell him no vb in the house and pass the fella a real beer 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

i wouldnt leave the chat for later

What you need to do is have a good chat with him now

say thankyou for giving the recycling bin a feed of glass and drop the full vb stubbies in the bin
and tell him thats infected beer

then quietly slap him around and tell him no vb in the house and pass the fella a real beer 

I’m going to make a sign, no VB, Great Northerns or XXXX allowed on the premises 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Red devil 44 said:

I think you need to have that chat with your daughter not the boyfriend.  Tell her she needs to be a bit more selective than a VB drinker.

Have know a lot of them over the years ha ha.😁

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Red devil 44 said:

We are all different!

VB is the only beer (I know off) that gives me a Headache ☹️

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, DavidM said:

We are all different!

VB is the only beer (I know off) that gives me a Headache ☹️

yes it dont give me a headache, never has and probably wont now..

very good reason it doesnt  though wouldnt touch it  even if free or yoy paid me millions to drink it lol

besides dont get hangovers very often  or a head ache from drinking

Edited by ozdevil
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

Good lad, son in law material right there. Keeper for sure.

typical powder puff supporter  say that  ..  

it seems yor easily pleased lmao

vb son inlaw meterial hmmm only to powder puff supporters

Edited by ozdevil
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, terminal2k said:

I read that the other way around. If he likes VB, you don't have to worry about him drinking all your good beer

@terminal2k Very valid point but the fact that he brought it to RD's house is crime enough, he should have at least said to the daughter, what does your Father drink & she would have said my Father is a Home Brewer. That alone should have made him search the Bottle'O for the finest craft beer available. 🙂 I agree with @Red devil 44 Ban it from the property ☠️

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

It’s back!

This was one of my favourite beers back in the day. Back when Matilda Bay were one of the pioneers of craft beer in Australia.

I remember it being a little more bitter but I think my thresholds may have shifted.

Anyway, welcome back.

9ACA22A4-7719-46E5-97A1-08EF78DCC1E0.thumb.jpeg.8240710754f90a1b255f1ce8b417a930.jpeg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, stquinto said:

In the run up to Christmas you get these gift boxes with a glass in. That’s how I end up drinking each Belgian beer from the right glass, not that I’m some weirdo. All right, but not for that reason anyway …

Great I love beer glasses, I have many different types, but not those.  Good One.😧

• Like 1

4 hours ago, stquinto said:

In the run up to Christmas you get these gift boxes with a glass in. That’s how I end up drinking each Belgian beer from the right glass, not that I’m some weirdo. All right, but not for that reason anyway …

C67C6E0F-CBFC-4789-979C-EE51B97C6C4C.jpeg

Where do you get that.........I want!!!!!!

• Haha 1

the ♫ i ran out of beer again blues ♫ is softened by a slab of the old favourite, cooper's green. as a plus i only need three sixers to tide me over until i'm back on tap so i'm keeping one to sit for an extra week and will try to harvest the yeast (following the cooper's video method)

IMG_8770.thumb.jpg.2963dce8e9b86e1ddf7944b6bf4808af.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1