Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

25 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Beautiful beer, I bought 2 of them, saving one for tomorrow & back to the shop & get some more !!

A wise man ! 👍 We have a brewing company here owned by a German man, needless to say their weiss beers are top of the range. Cape Brewing Company. Haven't had one in a while come to think of it...

• Haha 1

On 11/25/2021 at 4:16 PM, Classic Brewing Co said:

A good old standby, it has been a while since I have had one of these, so I bought 3, just in case it tasted as good as I remember 🤣

It does, Cheers.🍻

20211125_154017.thumb.jpg.9370718fa04a281ea6c2db47804eed61.jpg

100% concur.  I have been brewing a Sparkling (Innkeeper's Daughter, Coopers Light Malt, 200g brown sugar) and while waiting for it to condition I have been drinking the original.  Now they are conditioned I am enjoying my brew.  While it is not identical to the original it is a very good approximation (probably would have been closer had I used some reclaimed Cooper's yeast instead of the kit yeast - that seems to be the principal point of difference).  

I have nowhere I need to be tonight so I am off to buy a couple of Sparkling to do a side by side taste test with my brew.  I will report back.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Thirsty Jim said:

100% concur.  I have been brewing a Sparkling (Innkeeper's Daughter, Coopers Light Malt, 200g brown sugar) and while waiting for it to condition I have been drinking the original.  Now they are conditioned I am enjoying my brew.  While it is not identical to the original it is a very good approximation (probably would have been closer had I used some reclaimed Cooper's yeast instead of the kit yeast - that seems to be the principal point of difference).  

I have nowhere I need to be tonight so I am off to buy a couple of Sparkling to do a side by side taste test with my brew.  I will report back.

Sounds good 👍

On 11/26/2021 at 4:35 PM, Classic Brewing Co said:

While I was out shopping went down the Bay for a look in some of the bottle shops & found a couple of these on special, first time I have tried it, they have a huge range & this particular one is impressive, comes in at 6.2% but there is a lot going on, heaps of flavour, hoppy, everything you would want in a beer. Some of our better known members would know about it, AK/Itinerant Peasant etc for example. I will be going back tomorrow & clean up some more of their discounted stock. Cheers 🥳

20211126_154430.thumb.jpg.76350157368172186a14f7f1aa10866e.jpg

I have tried this; great beer.

They make some cracking beers.

9 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Apparently they do, I went on their website & discovered heaps of others as well, then I saw some Putz on YouTube bagging it saying it was underwhelming 😒  I enjoyed it.

On 11/26/2021 at 3:16 PM, Classic Brewing Co said:

I thought I had better support one of our local breweries, at first I thought it is a bit insipid for my tastes.  The colour of the can totally puts me off as much as it is brewed in Port Adelaide. I wouldn't go back for more but one has to try these things.

20211126_145406.thumb.jpg.c001b6d8497bb3140f9ab7d02f4c55f7.jpg

😄

10 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Apparently they do, I went on their website & discovered heaps of others as well, then I saw some Putz on YouTube bagging it saying it was underwhelming 😒  I enjoyed it.

The Schneider Weiss Aventinus Weizen Eisbock is one one of the best beers I have had.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hairy said:

Schneider Weiss Aventinus

I do think it should come with a disclaimer that if you have too many of these you may fall asleep at a tram stop in munich and you wife will yell at you. I mean I've heard that can happen anyway.............

• Haha 2

Today something different, Uncle Dan's had these on special so thought I would shout myself, wasn't that nice of me 🤔

I actually don't mind it although I am not a fan of 330ml bottles but  I am going to need 3 or 4 to get a real taste of it !!

San Miguel Pale Pilsen is a pale, golden lager with a rich, full-bodied flavor. Its smooth, full-flavored taste complements its pleasant aroma, making it a perfectly balanced beer. It has a unique heritage of bringing people together, nourishing true friendships for over a hundred years..

20211128_131826.thumb.jpg.9de9e297e29d3e1400266b6fba45d6f4.jpg

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Today something different, Uncle Dan's had these on special so thought I would shout myself, wasn't that nice of me 🤔

I actually don't mind it although I am not a fan of 330ml bottles but  I am going to need 3 or 4 to get a real taste of it !!

San Miguel Pale Pilsen is a pale, golden lager with a rich, full-bodied flavor. Its smooth, full-flavored taste complements its pleasant aroma, making it a perfectly balanced beer. It has a unique heritage of bringing people together, nourishing true friendships for over a hundred years..

20211128_131826.thumb.jpg.9de9e297e29d3e1400266b6fba45d6f4.jpg

Not a patch on Pirate Life South Coast Ale.