Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

14 minutes ago, MUZZY said:

@ozdevil You sound like a Tourism Tasmania tour guide. Hahaha.

Today's tasting is from the Cascade Brewery - Jam On Toast, a dark lager with a slight sour flavour. Not bad. I was after a stout but it was only available in bottles and I had my heart set on tap beer.

IMG20211029143633.jpg

The oldest working brewery in Australia   about 30 houses towards the city   on Cascade rd  is where this devil played as a kid

if  youstand out the front of the old Sandstone building   the 4th window on the right  is   just a window with no room behind the window just the roof.

the fact is Cascade never used the water that ran beside it  which is the Hobart rivulet  which runs from the mt Wellington  and runs down  through the heart of the CBD   to the Derwent River.  how do i know this as kid growing up , i used to muck around around river hopping all the way from the brewery to end of Hobart Rivulet   . interestingly enough the Hobart Rivulet runs right under the Cat and fiddle arcade..  and you would exit at the corner of Argyle and Collins Street where the Hospital is situated...  (they Now run tours through the Hobart Rivulet)

I used to love waking up at nans place on School holidays when i got to stay over or weekends  walking out the door as you would smell the brewing days  and if I  didnt wake up to the brewery  i would wake to the smell of the Bake house which was cripps bakery at the time.

Just down the road on a side road just opposite Cascade Gardens  was the old ladies Gaol  , they used to run tours there as well  ..

@MUZZY  I may sound like a Tourism Guide , i know alot about Tasmania  specially the surrounding Areas of Hobart.
just enjoy your trip mate     

• Like 6

@MUZZY Theres a place outside hobart called two metre tall where they do a lot of wild ferment beers. Not sure what the opening hours are like nowadays thanks to rona, but in a pre-pandemic world, I got the boss to drive me out there when we were in tassie, had some delicious beers, and they had cattle they fed spent grain to and you could buy some steaks and cook up a little bbq while having a few of their beers. From memory it was only about 30 mins drive from hobart

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, terminal2k said:

@MUZZY Theres a place outside hobart called two metre tall where they do a lot of wild ferment beers. Not sure what the opening hours are like nowadays thanks to rona, but in a pre-pandemic world, I got the boss to drive me out there when we were in tassie, had some delicious beers, and they had cattle they fed spent grain to and you could buy some steaks and cook up a little bbq while having a few of their beers. From memory it was only about 30 mins drive from hobart

Thanks for the tip, Terminal. I just looked on the map for it's location. Well bugga me, we were in that region earlier today but didn't see it. I doubt we'll get back that way again in the next 3 days. That's when we head north to Launceston.

• Like 2

Bone Head Brewery - Plans Gone Sour - A Key Lime Pie Pastry Sour - A collaboration with Candied Bakery in Spotswood

Aroma: Lime, Lime, Lime and a hint of ginger.

Flavour: Definite pastry vibe, maybe lactose, maybe vanilla.  Creaminess.  Reminds me of a Pine/Lime Splice ice-cream.  Nice subtle sourness.

IMG_2630.JPG.e3945a0430aaf3a44f9646a761414631.JPG

• Like 6

On 10/28/2021 at 3:32 PM, MUZZY said:

Currently on a sightseeing trip of Tasmania and I stumbled across this craft brewery along the wharfs in Hobart. They had a large range of beers but the first one I tried was so good I stuck with it and didn't try any others. I think it was called Iron Pot Rye Porter and 4.8%, nitrogen carbonated. Smooth as silk.

IMG20211028154816.jpg

Have a good one Muzzy! No pics of the squid?

• Like 1

882960511_PACIFICALE.thumb.jpg.46ed4685b84d0fc63975064554ad3121.jpg

PACIFIC ALE

Bought Liquor Land $10,00 for a v 375ml cans 4.2% ABV described as;

This hop driven Pacific Ale Ale has been crafted to highlight Passionfruit, Lime & tropical aromas creating a refreshingly crisp beer"

I think it falls short being a bit light with not much hop taste & a bit sweet but it is only $2.50 a can 375ml so I will drink it. 😀

Edited by Classic Brewing Co
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Golden Hills Brewery - Imperial Stout

It is what it says on the can.  A good honest imperial stout.

Smoky, chocolate, roasty, coffee.  Alcohol warmth. Reminds me of a rich Black Forest Cake when you cut yourself a piece so big that you almost cannot finish it ... almost.

Artwork by Silly Sully

IMG_2645.JPG.d70f5ab2c52a41a4be627f581261aa41.JPG

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Today’s tasting is… water. This one has a classic taste of… water.  Nice and clear though 😉

Signed myself up for a month of this, day 4 and I’m already bored sh!tless 😳

Looking forward to posting a pic of a cuppa tomorrow 🤣

4DC6E0DF-6336-4E7B-8C67-9FE385D10080.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

15 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

PACIFIC ALE

Bought Liquor Land $10,00 for a v 375ml cans 4.2% ABV described as;

This hop driven Pacific Ale Ale has been crafted to highlight Passionfruit, Lime & tropical aromas creating a refreshingly crisp beer"

I think it falls short being a bit light with not much hop taste & a bit sweet but it is only $2.50 a can 375ml so I will drink it. 😀

Good value Phil,  shame it was a bit light on, but you're right if it's drinkable and only $2.50 a can I say that's a green light to be sure.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, stquinto said:

Today’s tasting is… water. This one has a classic taste of… water.  Nice and clear though 😉

You're a funny man Sainter, love it! Look forward to your pics over the next month or so. The highlight could be when you start juicing.😂

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Mickep said:

You're a funny man Sainter, love it! Look forward to your pics over the next month or so. The highlight could be when you start juicing.😂

Well, mate, gotta give everything a sluice out from time to time. I’m getting myself ready for a three-day Search and Destroy weekend in Berlin with a mate next month, gotta be match fit and all that 😉

Try not to fall off the wagon in the mean time. Still be brewing, but bottling without lubrification isn’t easy. I suppose I could bottle at 6 in the morning, now there’s a thought 🤔

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, stquinto said:

I’m getting myself ready for a three-day Search and Destroy weekend in Berlin with a mate next month, gotta be match fit and all that 😉

I'm hearin' ya fellow drinker of beers. Match fitness cannot be overstated - even the best of us take a fall if we don't prepare properly. Stay strong brother Sainter, there's the bigger picture at stake here.

Edited by Mickep
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, stquinto said:

Well, mate, gotta give everything a sluice out from time to time. I’m getting myself ready for a three-day Search and Destroy weekend in Berlin with a mate next month, gotta be match fit and all that 😉

Try not to fall off the wagon in the mean time. Still be brewing, but bottling without lubrification isn’t easy. I suppose I could bottle at 6 in the morning, now there’s a thought 🤔

I would have thought you would be warming up for the trip, from what I hear about Berlin Beer Halls it's full on. 😀🍻

See the source image

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, stquinto said:

4DC6E0DF-6336-4E7B-8C67-9FE385D10080.jpeg

looks to be just a bit under carbed  with poor head retention  and looks like you have tadpoles 
swimming around 

just becareful you may drown if you have to many waters

what was the recipe please

• Haha 3