Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

35 minutes ago, kmar92 said:

@Classic Brewing Co I have made a great and similar tasting home brewed version with just a can of TC Preacher's Hefe Wheat, Wheat liquid malt, LDM and Lallemand Munich Classic as the yeast. I have 1 on tap at present and it is lovely.

Interesting, I will have to look into this, I like their full range but each one has it's distinctive style. 

Obviously I am not a AG brewer & I don't keg so there must be a way to get around it, I will try. Cheers.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Interesting, I will have to look into this, I like their full range but each one has it's distinctive style. 

Obviously I am not a AG brewer & I don't keg so there must be a way to get around it, I will try. Cheers.

Hi Phil,

@kmar92's comments were exactly what I was thinking to post as I read your post.  It is very do-able.  His ingredients are all kit and kilo based.  Once you have done one, you will kick yourself that you had not made one earlier.  Maybe see if you can get one of those kits you sometimes bring home.  Look for a Hoegaarden clone, as an example.

Bottling wheat beers is better than kegging them because the flavour is very constant across all the bottles.  With kegging you get a settling out of some of the haziness and I find that the flavour dissipates as the keg gets lower.  Still nice, but it is just not quite as robust as the earlier glasses.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

Hi Phil,

@kmar92's comments were exactly what I was thinking to post as I read your post.  It is very do-able.  His ingredients are all kit and kilo based.  Once you have done one, you will kick yourself that you had not made one earlier.  Maybe see if you can get one of those kits you sometimes bring home.  Look for a Hoegaarden clone, as an example.

Bottling wheat beers is better than kegging them because the flavour is very constant across all the bottles.  With kegging you get a settling out of some of the haziness and I find that the flavour dissipates as the keg gets lower.  Still nice, but it is just not quite as robust as the earlier glasses.

Excellent & Thank You I will definitely look for a Hoegaarden clone, I just googled & discovered the base can of extract from 2 suppliers is Black Rock Whispering Wheat which I have made before & I loved it, I will research & see if I find something from Coopers but I definitely want to make this beer. 

So thank you guys, that is my next project. Cheers.

P.S.  this one was a bit lively !!

944924517_WHEATBEER.thumb.jpg.f6467273d3978bccf0c79d23bd913f24.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Popo said:

I had Little Bang's Chipotle Panther Porter a couple of years back as part of an advent calendar. I love chipotle and I like porter but this thing was undrinkable. 

Different beer I presume to the one I had, which was very tasty.