Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

On 12/9/2021 at 4:21 PM, jamiek86 said:

A peasant beer before my lemon drop lager I know this will impress the masses 

20211209_161737.jpg

@jamiek86, Here's a beer not so much for the masses. Occasionally I fall off the wagon when the beer stocks are low.🍻😆

This ones not so much for @Classic Brewing Co either - Phil cover your eyes and look away.

VB.jpg

Edited by Mickep
  • Like 2
  • Haha 6

5 hours ago, stquinto said:

Rodenbach Grand Cru. Because of you fellas I’m developing a taste for it. Never more than one in a sitting, lips-puckering sour… 

39A00968-DDA0-49E6-A925-AA1F04184861.jpeg

A0CC6B64-9E75-4108-A8F9-0714C7843470.jpeg

Beautiful beer and agree one is enough in a sitting. Been reading a book on them lately to see if I can get something of the quality that rodenbach has. 

16392696619345375800566552337102.jpg

• Like 3

@Mickep as much asi have been one to bag it out I occasionally have a cold one if visit a mate or so on. Wouldn't say it's a horrid beer but is better ones out there. It just annoys me the more popular a beer gets the more pricey.  Vb used to be cheap working man's beer was cheaper than others at time. Now bottle shops need to continuously offer specials to keep it at price people want to pay because of government tax and breweries themselves putting price up.

I had the xxxx other day because occasionally if watching local cricket or doing something in sun a midstrength is nice and not practical carting heavy glass around. Great northern is my preferred but way to expensive now is popular. And before any of the big mouths say anything yes I did make my own midstrength and will be posting over Xmas. At 2 days in keg 3 weeks ago was beautiful and had a head better than some heavy ones I've made.  Each to our own I say I had a cold VB stubbie Saturday and didn't complain lol

• Like 3

19 hours ago, disgruntled said:

Oh yes, that is a mind blowingly amazing beer.

@Classic Brewing Co belgian mate says they use it instead of red wine in rabbit dishes....

Yeah beer is equally as good as wine in certain foods, game etc, we all make beer batter, then there is Beef & Guinness Pie/Stew.

The list is too big to cover here & there are many books on the subject, below is one some should have heard of.

Cooking With Beer

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, jamiek86 said:

@Mickep as much asi have been one to bag it out I occasionally have a cold one if visit a mate or so on. Wouldn't say it's a horrid beer but is better ones out there. It just annoys me the more popular a beer gets the more pricey.  Vb used to be cheap working man's beer was cheaper than others at time. Now bottle shops need to continuously offer specials to keep it at price people want to pay because of government tax and breweries themselves putting price up.

I had the xxxx other day because occasionally if watching local cricket or doing something in sun a midstrength is nice and not practical carting heavy glass around. Great northern is my preferred but way to expensive now is popular. And before any of the big mouths say anything yes I did make my own midstrength and will be posting over Xmas. At 2 days in keg 3 weeks ago was beautiful and had a head better than some heavy ones I've made.  Each to our own I say I had a cold VB stubbie Saturday and didn't complain lol

Mate, with you. If I'm at the boozer and they're a CUB owned pub and don't have to much on offer I'd sip on Carlton Draught without batting an eyelid....especially in summer. Tap Carlton Draught beer is a thirst quencher if you're in a beer garden and the suns out.

All those CUB beers used to be for the working class - now you gotta mortgage the house every time you want to have a session on the drink at a pub. What brewing my own Extract beer has taught me though is there is a chasm between the megaswills on tap and what we can produce at home. No brainer - the beers we do at home are really tasty compared to the commercial Aussie lagers at the pubs in Victoria. Can't wait to get into AG one day. 

• Like 5

@Mickep that's right it might not be as clear or all that but it is better IMO. People like my missus just can't get her head around the hop flavour even more recent ones where added heaps less. I've had to tell people the big boys add chemicals for the head retention compared to mine coming from malt. It's hard for people who grow up knowing a certain thing as normal to understand just means more for me 😄

• Like 3

On 12/12/2021 at 9:06 AM, Mickep said:

@jamiek86, Here's a beer not so much for the masses. Occasionally I fall off the wagon when the beer stocks are low.🍻😆

This ones not so much for @Classic Brewing Co either - Phil cover your eyes and look away.

VB.jpg

wash ya mouth out with soap after touching that

they tell me thats stuff is worse then the corona virus  and there is no vaccination for vb

• Haha 5

On 12/12/2021 at 9:06 AM, Mickep said:

VB.jpg

Well with this pic as Exhibit A, you might find yourself left ON the wagon being guilty of Consuming this demonbroth!

• Haha 2