Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

1 hour ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

Kaiju Beer - Where Strides the Behemoth - Double India Black Ale

Aromas: Cherry, Pine, Forest floor, Roastiness

Flavours: Roasty, Cherry (very Black Forest Cake vibe).  High but balanced bitterness.  Alcohol warming.  A bit like a fruity Stout.  Very nice.

IMG_2785.JPG.560545e018baa04e589560bbcc8315d2.JPG

a black ale i would consider a winter beer   specially with a abv of 10.5% 

summer in australia and very dark beers dont do it for me

• Like 2

First time i remember having one of these. Amber in colour and not as dark as the photo suggests. Pretty balanced sweet bitterness with fair bit of toast and maybe nuts. Very malt forward with little hop presence. Got this in a beer subscription and would be happy to turn something like this out at home!1A9CBE82-75EC-464D-A83C-4AE44F301A60.thumb.jpeg.d66fce8c2b408be55c0d760d35de0f1a.jpeg

• Like 8

On 1/2/2022 at 10:04 PM, Shamus O'Sean said:

Kaiju Beer - Where Strides the Behemoth - Double India Black Ale

Aromas: Cherry, Pine, Forest floor, Roastiness

Flavours: Roasty, Cherry (very Black Forest Cake vibe).  High but balanced bitterness.  Alcohol warming.  A bit like a fruity Stout.  Very nice.

IMG_2785.JPG.560545e018baa04e589560bbcc8315d2.JPG

This one has piqued my interest...

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

In the greatest times of need even the Head Brewer will drink commercial beer after mowing 🥳

image.thumb.png.fbe527fd2fb00a9c9e315b5843efe9c3.png

I wouldn't go calling that commercial beer as such my ol mate. Its probably up there amongst the best beer I've ever tasted, from the oldest brewery in the world.

Ok it is commercial beer, but probably the best you could ever buy. I suppose what I'm getting at, its definitely not mega swill.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, disgruntled said:

You are turning

You slowly turned me too, although i'm not quite an about face 😀   I remember having a debate with you on how I thought sours were just not beer.

But since i've had some quite nice ones, and had to re map my thoughts, and taste process.

I guess when i brew one myself and really take to it, then I've turned. Its always good to have differing opinions in brewing.

• Like 3

I've finished nightshift. Brekky beers and Ashes Cricket. 

I've said so many times but this beer has to have the most perfect balance of malt and hops I've ever tasted. It's the Pilsner that is Godfather to all Pilsners.

20220105_092039.jpg

• Like 8

Brewery = Slipstream (QlD
beer = lupoforce ipa
ABV = 6.5%

Hey All, this is not your average ipa as it is not done with your flower hops or pellet hops
they have brewed this with luomax hops which is giving this ipa  great burst of flavour

very smooth fuity  flavour that  you would expect from lupomax hops  and the aroma  i could tell they was trying 
bring out that  bubblegum flavour but just didnt quite get there for me

not overly bitter for an ipa  but that was mask by the fruitiness of this beer

it was pretty heavy for 6.5%  1 or 2 of these  is enough for me and i love my ipa's20220105_162416.thumb.jpg.f02f7e40d418452867cc2e87025ce7f1.jpg

• Like 7

20 hours ago, Pale Man said:

I've said so many times but this beer has to have the most perfect balance of malt and hops I've ever tasted. It's the Pilsner that is Godfather to all Pilsners.

That range of beers is stunning, love them all. 500ml The bottle are great as they take crown seals, I am building up a nice collection.

• Like 3

Very happily (or is it, "hapilly") ((no, it's, "Happily")) surprised with this one

Love the mouthfeel - it reminds me of an ideal mead - I say. "ideal" because, I have not tasted Mead, but my fantasy of mead is it Feels a bit like this - full mouthfeel, smooth, sweet, tasty

This beer is like that except it's taste is defiitely Ale-ish. I love the malt profile in this and how it compliments the mouthfeel (maybe it makes the mouthfeel) and as for taste I think this one could be a Chilled-Champion for a sixpack-kinda occasion

That said, it doesn't get me very P@*ssed even when I have a few few (like 9) and at 4.2% at 330ml I think this is because it has a natural kinda, "Regulator" in a similar way that Dark Ales kinda slow me down a tad, or other darker, richer beers

I really do like the taste of this beer. A lot. And the slab cost me around $2 plus some cents per stubbie so value plus for me. I am having trouble naming the hops - they are quite blended. Dry hopped - so they are subtle

I have some others to try later - it is one of those days... Y'know the ones by now 😉

This one has an extra Y though, so I treated myself to a few samples

EDIT: Due to technical restrictions, (technically, I couldn't restrain myself) this is the best pic I can stage

692181601_JohnBostonGoldenAle.thumb.jpg.b49bdf3c26c9333803c4d8649f95443d.jpg

Edited by Cee
  • Like 5

On 1/5/2022 at 9:56 AM, Pale Man said:

I've finished nightshift. Brekky beers and Ashes Cricket. 

20220105_092039.jpg

Your Brewmate there seems to concur with your appraisal - I am convinced enough to give this beer a go 🙂

• Like 2

On 1/5/2022 at 9:56 AM, Pale Man said:

Name change back huh!, temporarily lost you super powers. 

Are you going to try and clone that beer in your AG kit?

• Like 2

ok

so one of those days that ends in. "Whyyyyyyy" yet therefore why not begin a recovery: Of warm, inebriated, "well why not" kinda acceptance and like my forefathers and foresisters before me, solace comes in a pintglass

This is a beer I would not usually try

But a certain dark beer was not available and the bloke suggested (I am sure with commission in mind) this one

I do not begrudge him his commission he heard my preferences and this beer is ... wow...

Wow

I might need to revisit after another swig...

Strewth...

strong...

tasty

Jumping The Shark 2021.jpg

Jumping The Shark 2021a.jpg

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, Cee said:

ok

so one of those days that ends in. "Whyyyyyyy" yet therefore why not begin a recovery: Of warm, inebriated, "well why not" kinda acceptance and like my forefathers and foresisters before me, solace comes in a pintglass

This is a beer I would not usually try

But a certain dark beer was not available and the bloke suggested (I am sure with commission in mind) this one

I do not begrudge him his commission he heard my preferences and this beer is ... wow...

Wow

I might need to revisit after another swig...

Strewth...

strong...

tasty

Jumping The Shark 2021.jpg

Jumping The Shark 2021a.jpg

Sounds like u having a great session there today cheers mate wish I could join

• Like 3