Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

Just now, Classic Brewing Co said:

Why wouldn't you, I imagine there are a few pubs over there, drinking halls & what about the famous drinking carts  ??

young-people-having-fun-on-the-berlin-beer-bike-booze-cruise-CXFMG3.jpg

I’ll be b*ggered if I’m pedaling for my supper -it’s about zero degrees here. 
🥶

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Why wouldn't you, I imagine there are a few pubs over there, drinking halls & what about the famous drinking carts  ??

young-people-having-fun-on-the-berlin-beer-bike-booze-cruise-CXFMG3.jpg

They have  1 of those drinking Carts  at a bar in South wharf in Melbourne  (not sure if they still do  due to covid )  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

They have  1 of those drinking Carts  at a bar in South wharf in Melbourne  (not sure if they still do  due to covid )  

Yes, there are similar types pretty much all over Australia but probably not as unique as Berlin !!

Some of the craft pubs have them but I haven't seen a pedal type anywhere.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Yes, there are similar types pretty much all over Australia but probably not as unique as Berlin !!

yeah i know  the one at south wharf is a pedal one

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

There's one regularly parked near your place, Phil. I'm surprised you haven't seen it in the car park of the former Lenny's Tavern, Glenelg. I think the pub's called Watermark or Waterfront these days.
You'll also see a couple of them on the city streets of Adelaide on warmer nights. I think they're branded Handle Bar.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MUZZY said:

There's one regularly parked near your place, Phil. I'm surprised you haven't seen it in the car park of the former Lenny's Tavern, Glenelg. I think the pub's called Watermark or Waterfront these days.
You'll also see a couple of them on the city streets of Adelaide on warmer nights. I think they're branded Handle Bar.

Yes it is called the Watermark, the old cart hasn't been there for years, it ended up perched on a roof for a few years but long gone now.

• Like 2

A well stocked bar.

[img]https://p.ix1.net/images/2021/12/03/20211203_171421.md.jpg[/img]

A BES in Cairns on beautiful summer Friday afternoon. 

[img]https://p.ix1.net/images/2021/12/03/20211203_171837.md.jpg[/img]

Edited by Instigator
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Instigator said:

A well stocked bar.

[img]https://p.ix1.net/images/2021/12/03/20211203_171421.md.jpg[/img]

A BES in Cairns on beautiful summer Friday afternoon. 

[img]https://p.ix1.net/images/2021/12/03/20211203_171837.md.jpg[/img]

@Classic Brewing Co  They do if you trim off the img bit at the start and end.  @Instigator miss-fired on the pic attachment method.

Here they are to save everyone the trouble.

20211203_171837.md.jpg

20211203_171421.md.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Thought I had better try a real Theakston Old Perculier Ale before I try and clone it.  I know this brew has it own thread here but after all this is a tasting thread so here it is.  Unfortunately I did not have an appropriate glass so a DAB had to fill the void.

Old Perculier - resized.jpg

Edited by iBooz2
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, iBooz2 said:

Thought I had better try a real Theakston Old Perculier Ale before I try and clone it.  I know this brew has it own thread here but after all this is a tasting thread so here it is.  Unfortunately I did not have an appropriate glass so a DAB had to fill the void.

After an evenings taste test I thought this TOP ale was very close to my AG version of Tooheys Old (AKA Darth Vader Beer) and in comparison the TOP is not quite as dark (EBC) and the chocolate malt flavour is less in the TOP and perhaps the TOP is a little more peppery (sharpness/spicy/astringency), if that is the right taste terminology.  They are about the same bitterness ratio when compared to ABV so I reckon should be pretty easy to design a recipe to clone TOP.

Edited by iBooz2
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, iBooz2 said:

@Classic Brewing Co  They do if you trim off the img bit at the start and end.  @Instigator miss-fired on the pic attachment method.

Here they are to save everyone the trouble.

20211203_171837.md.jpg

20211203_171421.md.jpg

Thanks, mate!

That's the Barrier Reef Hotel, if anyone is ever up here.

I missed out - a few weeks ago they apparently had the 2021 ESVA on tap. I didn't even know that was a thing as I've only ever seen the stubbies!

• Like 1

Just now, Instigator said:

Yeah, weird. Pic linking must have changed with the forum upgrade a while back. Plus, I seriously suck at using my phone to post pics. 🤪

As @iBooz2 said earlier if you remove the 'img' from both sides it works, I did the let hand side one first time but then I realised there was one on the right as well. Sometimes it pays to check on your links because if they are not working there is a button on the RH side at the top which says more options - you are able to edit your post & re-post with the right attachment/link.

• Like 1

Just now, Classic Brewing Co said:

As @iBooz2 said earlier if you remove the 'img' from both sides it works, I did the let hand side one first time but then I realised there was one on the right as well. Sometimes it pays to check on your links because if they are not working there is a button on the RH side at the top which says more options - you are able to edit your post & re-post with the right attachment/link.

Yeah, I'll keep an eye out in the future. Before the upgrade, you could use BBCode links but now it doesn't seem to like them. Blowed if I could find the image button in the editor menu from my phone, either. I don't even see one now while using a PC. I guess they canned it in the "upgrade". But, we have two Giphy buttons with one that doesn't work. Full disclosure - I really, really dislike Invision forum software. Always have, and nothing they do seems to change my mind. 👍

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Instigator said:

Blowed if I could find the image button in the editor menu from my phone, either. I don't even see one now while using a PC. 

@Instigator edit buttons and add file examples below just in case you were unaware of these in the new forum format.

Choose files red arrow.PNG

ChristinaS.PNG

Edited by iBooz2
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I had to go past Dan Murphy's this morning on the way back from the LBHS so I called in from a few bottles of wine & decided to try this Tui - East India Pale Ale, at first taste I wasn't impressed, it is very underwhelming, 2nd taste doesn't get any better but $14.00 for a 6 pack - what can you expect ?

I finished the bottle & I am reminded why we make our own beer. I will never buy it again !! 😬

Quote: Product details
Not a typical IPA more of a lager style but a nice beer none the less. A sweet fruity aroma with a hint of malt and on the palate a sweet malt flavour and a toffee caramel taste.

20211204_142630.thumb.jpg.1b0afa724ecaab8db93ee284d7b75526.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1