Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

Moo Brew - Bridgewater Blackout - Dark Ale

Eclipse hops again so orange citrus aroma.

I am really interested to try these hops.

Similar flavour.  Also quite bitter.  Seems like a combo of hop bitterness and roasted grains.  Pleasant coffee aftertaste. 7/10

IMG_2313.JPG.4d3d6dc1d2bf26d4ef047cf931a27cd8.JPG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 3/11/2021 at 9:04 PM, Shamus O'Sean said:

Moo Brew - Bridgewater Blackout - Dark Ale

Eclipse hops again so orange citrus aroma.

I am really interested to try these hops.

Similar flavour.  Also quite bitter.  Seems like a combo of hop bitterness and roasted grains.  Pleasant coffee aftertaste. 7/10

IMG_2313.JPG.4d3d6dc1d2bf26d4ef047cf931a27cd8.JPG

i'm surprised  those from bridgewater wasnt offended by the name of that brew

the thing is Bridgewater in  Tasmania is known for its low income families and the unemployed with many homes being housing commision homes
to house those on benifits  who cant afford to buy or rent a private rental.

Some are scrimping  just to get electricity.

So some could take offence that moo brew  is taking the piss  in how they live.

i know that the brewery wasnt  aiming at  the demographic of what is bridgewater  and i am not taking offence to it
i can just see some would take an offence to it.

would have liked to seen more head on that one but nice looking colour

• Sad 1

@ozdevil is that a tassie brewery? there are plenty of places named Bridgewater in country/world. Alot of those old comission communities are now private owned warrane and Clarenden Vale, Risdon Vale, gagebrook and above mentioned. Most commission families are spread out now and not all crammed in to horrid looking brown brick homes in the same spot. I'm from good old warrane so I know what your saying but anyone can take offence to anything really. I don't see a need to stress about small stuff.

Edited by jamiek86
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, jamiek86 said:

@ozdevil is that a tassie brewery? there are plenty of places named Bridgewater in country/world. Alot of those old comission communities are now private owned warrane and Clarenden Vale, Risdon Vale, gagebrook and above mentioned. Most commission families are spread out now and not all crammed in to horrid looking brown brick homes in the same spot. I'm from good old warrane so I know what your saying but anyone can take offence to anything really. I don't see a need to stress about small stuff.

MOO Brew is a tasmanian based brewery  

i get what ya saying about  these privately owned homes ,  but sometimes   the history of a place lingers on

i tell you sitting on glebe hill  at my sister place  looking over  Clarendon Vale you often still see the red blue light taxis still 
heading to that area

Warrane  has picked itself up a bit of the days of  it known as a bad end of the eastern Shore.

my Aunty and uncle lived on sycamore Street Risdon Vale    

however  like you i am not stressing myself over it  .  i just can see thie name being taken the wrong way
due to what these areas are known for.  however the mainlanders will not really know what  its about

I am heading back home in July to catch up with my folks , so i might make a visit to MOO Brew Brewery 
And ask whats behind the naming of it and see what they tell me

• Thanks 1

@ozdevil yes I see your point but the people you speak of are not likely to drink or know about craft beer. Maby to wrong person my comment was offensive but it's true. The real houso in tassie wouldn't have a clue about craft beer. If they did see it on Facebook or something I can see more of a rebellion thing happy their community on a beer label but just my opinion I get your point. You know I was debating without google search if Clarendon Vale was an e or o before n lol gone too long half my mates from there.

7 hours ago, jamiek86 said:

@ozdevil yes I see your point but the people you speak of are not likely to drink or know about craft beer. Maby to wrong person my comment was offensive but it's true. The real houso in tassie wouldn't have a clue about craft beer. If they did see it on Facebook or something I can see more of a rebellion thing happy their community on a beer label but just my opinion I get your point. You know I was debating without google search if Clarendon Vale was an e or o before n lol gone too long half my mates from there.

anyway i am not overly concerned about the name of the beer  ,  it wont be those in that area  kicking up a fus its those do gooder  people who have  no better things  to do  but complain about the little things in life

mind you  it was the mupput  who runs mona   that created moo brew and funnily enough   the brewry is in bridgewater lol

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

Mountain Culture Beer Co - High Tides NEIPA

Another brew featuring the Eclipse hop.

So - Highly tropical fruity aroma.

Very smooth drinking.  Minimal bitterness.  I like this one a lot.  Too easy to drink at 6.6% ABV.

Mountain Culture are opening up a production facility not far from me. I'm hoping it has a cellar door or at least a takeaway option.

• Like 2

Mrs Muzz and I are spending a couple of nights in the glorious Barossa Valley. Staying directly across the road from Barossa Valley Brewing but we didn't go there today. Went to the other end of town (Tanunda) and had a tasting paddle at Rehn Bier.  Tried their pilsener, 1837 ale, midstrength dark ale and extra stout. All were good but the stout (pictured) really impressed so I bought a 6 pack to drink tonight.

I think tomorrow will be BVB day plus other locations.

IMG20210315173315.jpg

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, MUZZY said:

Mrs Muzz and I are spending a couple of nights in the glorious Barossa Valley. Staying directly across the road from Barossa Valley Brewing but we didn't go there today. Went to the other end of town (Tanunda) and had a tasting paddle at Rehn Bier.  Tried their pilsener, 1837 ale, midstrength dark ale and extra stout. All were good but the stout (pictured) really impressed so I bought a 6 pack to drink tonight.

IMG20210315173315.jpg

Nice one @MUZZY  great Brewery, great place, Have a good time. By the way - who's driving the bus ? 🤣

I actually had this one on Saturday. I'm not a big fan of oaked beer but this one isn't a bad been at all. Very subtle in the oak taste. I quite like it, although it isn't Ballistic's best work. It does have a bit of a NEIPA taste to it but I won't hold it against it. I like it.

2027847459_File_000(3).thumb.jpeg.ca9fcfdc1c6126d6a072b315e0a22e5a.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, MUZZY said:

IMG20210315173315.jpg

I forgot to add the photo of the paddle and the very photogenic model displaying it. (Rehn Bier, Tanunda)

IMG20210315132110.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, MUZZY said:

Any day not at work is a happy day, Phil.

I agree @MUZZY  I retired in March last year & everyday is a happy day,  although I still get orders coming in as a result years developing a client base travelling all over Australia.

People keep asking me if I get bored, hell with 4 fermenters going there is always something to do. Cheers.

• Like 1

Busier than a dog with two d@#$s @CLASSIC Phil by the sounds of it!!

And mate besides tending to the Brewery if you are hunting for food, skinning cleaning and dressing carcasses, making bread, Jerky, chilli pastes and all the rest me mate, that for me is a full time occupation. 👍👍👍

And what a rewarding one as well... and even more so once you get into ALL GRAIN (whoooooops sorry Phil all shall come to pass in due course)

When do you find time to do the festive Stubby Holders - on the weekend? 🤔

Edited by Graubart

8 minutes ago, Graubart said:

Busier than a dog with two d@#$s @CLASSIC Phil by the sounds of it!!

And mate besides tending to the Brewery if you are hunting for food, skinning cleaning and dressing carcasses, making bread, Jerky, chilli pastes and all the rest me mate, that for me is a full time occupation. 👍👍👍

And what a rewarding one as well... and even more so once you get into ALL GRAIN (whoooooops sorry Phil all shall come to pass in due course)

When do you find time to do the festive Stubby Holders - on the weekend? 🤔

Well @Graubart  Pirate, Brewer, Baker, Purveyor of Fine Foods & Delicacies ( I don't know your first name ) you are pretty much right, as your good self it is all about being self proficient.

I am not saying I am a Doomsday Prepper Ha Ha but just being able to do all of that stuff is a joy & it is not only cheaper, it tastes better. I get great satisfaction from making bread ( I cheat sometimes, I have a Bread Maker ) but as you say shooting, cleaning, cooking something yourself is something else. 

Your greyed out print has been taken on board. The Stubby Holder orders come in from repeat customers/referrals etc & it gives me more income to buy brewing stuff.

So keep up the good work, Cheers.

Phil

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, CLASSIC said:

So keep up the good work, Cheers.

Haha luvyerwork mate and yeah a little bit of biz on the side

helps with the finances for keeping the Brewery and Bakery going ; )

I cannot agree with you more mate...  tis a joy to make nice tucker and grow good things and making your own is a joy and saves the $$...good stuff ; )

And mate with the AG it is like kegging... slowly but surely...  if it fits in some day great... you can still make great beers in other ways with good kits, good technique and great additional ingredients... all good 👍

Edited by Graubart
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Graubart said:

Haha luvyerwork mate and yeah a little bit of biz on the side

helps with the finances for keeping the Brewery and Bakery going ; )

I cannot agree with you more mate...  tis a joy to make nice tucker and grow good things and making your own is a joy and saves the $$...good stuff ; )

And mate with the AG it is like kegging... slowly but surely...  if it fits in some day great... you can still make great beers in other ways with good kits, good technique and great additional ingredients... all good 👍

Being a Cook in the Army gave me a start, I have just carried it on to my advantage & now with more time on my hands the sky is the limit, Cheers Grey Bearded One. 😄

• Like 1

20210317_143740.thumb.jpg.99e42a4c761b1a23729ede3eab891275.jpg

Hey All  

introducing  the coopers breaky oat cream ipa

not fully carbonated yet hence why no head

thought i would snake a beer or 2 in  just for a tasting and my 1st extract brew since  returning to brew again  and thought i  was letting myself down  for doing an extract wheni have been a.g for 12 months... but i tell you what  its a rude shock to be honest and how good can extract be these days.  yes its not quite an all grain taste but its certainly a brew i would do again

the flavours are there  the aroma  is fruity tropical  its got a nice bitterness  that isnt over powering  but very smooth mouth feel

would i brew this again  simple question  yes , and i  will do more of these in future..

extract brewing has come along long way  from back when i started nearly 15 odd years  ago

hmmm  excuse me but i have to head of and have my  breaky now

• Like 1
  • Haha 1