Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

3 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

20210317_143740.thumb.jpg.99e42a4c761b1a23729ede3eab891275.jpg

Hey All  

introducing  the coopers breaky oat cream ipa

not fully carbonated yet hence why no head

thought i would snake a beer or 2 in  just for a tasting and my 1st extract brew since  returning to brew again  and thought i  was letting myself down  for doing an extract wheni have been a.g for 12 months... but i tell you what  its a rude shock to be honest and how good can extract be these days.  yes its not quite an all grain taste but its certainly a brew i would do again

the flavours are there  the aroma  is fruity tropical  its got a nice bitterness  that isnt over powering  but very smooth mouth feel

would i brew this again  simple question  yes , and i  will do more of these in future..

extract brewing has come along long way  from back when i started nearly 15 odd years  ago

hmmm  excuse me but i have to head of and have my  breaky now

All due respect to the AG Brewer's ( there are some Guns on this Forum ) but I am sure they would agree that, given you have to start somewhere, an Extract Brew done well is hard to beat.

I understand the absolute difference in the whole concept, I just haven't taken that path myself so far. I recently saw an amateur contest/discussion on Extract vs AG & the results were startling.

Understandably the AG Brew would be the superior however it appears there fails at times so I guess it all comes down to correct procedure/knowledge/experience etc.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, CLASSIC said:

All due respect to the AG Brewer's ( there are some Guns on this Forum ) but I am sure they would agree that, given you have to start somewhere, an Extract Brew done well is hard to beat.

I understand the absolute difference in the whole concept, I just haven't taken that path myself so far. I recently saw an amateur contest/discussion on Extract vs AG & the results were startling.

Understandably the AG Brew would be the superior however it appears there fails at times so I guess it all comes down to correct procedure/knowledge/experience etc.

Mate i am an all grain brewer ,  and i would agree with your sendiments a great extract beer done well  it will be hard to beat

I went into this extract brew with no expactions   or comparing to all grain.. 

I was very surprised  and really would brew other extract brews   specially if they turn out like the breaky oat cream ipa

out of my mates  in Vic  that do homebrew  i am the only all grain brewer   

i have tasted theres they have tasted mine they tell me they wish their beers turn out like mine and i ask them 
how do ya brew your extract  just go to big-w buy a can of go a kg of sugar

i have told them to step up a few rings and start messing with hops, a few grains   with your extract and you will produce a great beer that is repeatable

Classic  beer brewed any format  is good with me, and some of the beers you have put up look awesome mate

• Like 1

Last night's brew: A collaboration between Revel Brewing Co.; Black Hops Brewery; Currumbin Valley Brewing Co. and Hop Co.

Hop Bro Super Choice - An IPA brewed with Motueka, Taiheke, Riwaka and Hort 4337 

Just a bit over carbonated.

Tropical fruit aroma.

Nice bitterness.  A good IPA.

IMG_2325.JPG.22208c8e8b105b4b16debb904cd5969c.JPG

• Thanks 1

Saison Dupont Cuvée Dry Hopping - Dry hopped with Styrian Wolf

Floral aromas.  Smells a bit like a strong commercial lager.  Also has some slight white wine-like notes.

Dry in the mouth.  Flavourful.  Slightly tart finish.

Gee, even the dregs in the bottle smell nice.  Website says it goes well aged, but I could not resist.

IMG_2326.JPG.08bb69d5fa27efc9bf4e2c689eb84189.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

Saison Dupont Cuvée Dry Hopping - Dry hopped with Styrian Wolf

Floral aromas.  Smells a bit like a strong commercial lager.  Also has some slight white wine-like notes.

Dry in the mouth.  Flavourful.  Slightly tart finish.

Gee, even the dregs in the bottle smell nice.  Website says it goes well aged, but I could not resist.

IMG_2326.JPG.08bb69d5fa27efc9bf4e2c689eb84189.JPG

That look seriously good @Shamus O'Sean  I love a heady, hoppy beer, I must look out for it.

• Like 1

New England Brewing Co - Eclipse India Saison

Mandarin dominated citrus aroma.

Similar flavour plus a tartness from the Saison yeast.  This is a cracker.  Saison Dupont might be the standard and the above dry hopped version was good, but this one is a step up.

untitled2.jpg.41a74cec462ad38df65a3a665a3885f3.jpg

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

New England Brewing Co

Hey there @Shamus O'Sean Shamus - this is from the festive little brewery at Uralla?  It is a really nice little town in the NSW 'New England' Area... if I am on the right track and it is not New England US of A ?

I used to drive through Uralla from time to time in recent past - looked to be a nice little set-up.... Glad you found a good one from them.

I tried some of their more 'standard' beers back then that I think were more in the UK Ale style... and was a bit underwhelmed... but each to their own - and don't think they made this one back then..  not that I would be racing to buy a Saison anyway hahaha... but with your comments it would be good to try such an animal ; )

8 hours ago, Graubart said:

this is from the festive little brewery at Uralla?  It is a really nice little town in the NSW 'New England' Area... if I am on the right track and it is not New England US of A ?

Yep.  It is the NSW "New England" area.  I did not get to visit though.  Bought online.  The Eclipse India Saison is anything but underwhelming. Essentially an IPA done with a Saison yeast.  I think that if you did not know it was a Saison, you would just think the bite is just part of the hop contribution to the brew.

Cheers

• Like 1

First non-domestic beer in ages.  I picked a good one. 

Sierra Nevada Brewing Co - Dankful IPA

Tropical pine aroma that lasts for days.  Their website says contains Columbus, Chinook, Mosaic, Ekuanot, Nelson Sauvin, Zappa, Idaho 7.  

Strong ale flavour matched with strong bitterness.

untitled3.thumb.jpg.5e8cdcdb6b215bef2a413df977449684.jpg

• Like 4

Kiwi and guava sour, and Apple sauce. Great sour, good tang. Apple sauce is great, nice and dry.

PXL_20210321_021300219.thumb.jpg.b91947843634b67f199ac826f7b38dc7.jpg

Saucy Pils and some guest tap Ginger Beer - bot h very good, mildy hoppy pils and the ginger beer was very nice

PXL_20210321_024524429.thumb.jpg.92848f87678c3fd1acbe7d82f394dbfa.jpg

A lager and Pineapple NEIPA. The lager was good, very east drinking. The pineapple NEIPA was great.

PXL_20210321_032615953.thumb.jpg.d471f1d91553e684f82a26a2d491777f.jpg

• Like 7

On 3/20/2021 at 9:08 PM, Shamus O'Sean said:

First non-domestic beer in ages.  I picked a good one. 

Sierra Nevada Brewing Co - Dankful IPA

Tropical pine aroma that lasts for days.  Their website says contains Columbus, Chinook, Mosaic, Ekuanot, Nelson Sauvin, Zappa, Idaho 7.  

Strong ale flavour matched with strong bitterness.

untitled3.thumb.jpg.5e8cdcdb6b215bef2a413df977449684.jpg

@Shamus O'Sean  They have a great range of Beers, one of my local HBS has a promo on ATM & I bought a sample pack including that one, IPA, Stout etc not a bad one. I also went in the draw for a prize pack valued at $200 for merch & grog ( I never win anything ) Cheers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/20/2021 at 6:39 PM, Hilltop hops said:

Yep live in Adelaide but been a Cats supporter before the Crows existed.

BOOOOOOO! lol Tasmanian here living in NSW and gone for Eagles whole life I also wouldn't change team if tassie ever got proper team in AFL. Which I'm not sure why haven't would have been better investment than GC.

• Haha 1

On 3/23/2021 at 12:32 PM, jamiek86 said:

BOOOOOOO! lol Tasmanian here living in NSW and gone for Eagles whole life I also wouldn't change team if tassie ever got proper team in AFL. Which I'm not sure why haven't would have been better investment than GC.

Just support Port Adelaide. Flag is ours for the taking . 

5 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

ill pretend if you fly me there and give me a corporate job paying millions. but if I get drunk I would let out that I hate that they have a shit club song not original footy song but commercial song. And in saying that the Eagles have a crap song. I also hated koshie and wanted to punch him just from being a wanker on sunrise long before I found out he was the PA president. Sorry mate I just cant see good things coming from it 😇🦅

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

bloody knuckle draggers  that only think the flag is for the taking

mind you they are as much chop as those eagles

both bunch of knuckle draggers 

lmao

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, jamiek86 said:

ill pretend if you fly me there and give me a corporate job paying millions. but if I get drunk I would let out that I hate that they have a shit club song not original footy song but commercial song. And in saying that the Eagles have a crap song. I also hated koshie and wanted to punch him just from being a wanker on sunrise long before I found out he was the PA president. Sorry mate I just cant see good things coming from it 😇🦅

Hey Jamie I am with you, I have always hated them with a passion. Agree crap song, hate Koshie & generally don't care about them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1