Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

1 minute ago, ozdevil said:

well  finally got hold of the Australian iPA by coopers

I feel they have missed the mark on this   and its more with the aftertaste on the beer
with tincy bit of hop burn 

its got a good mouthfeel with a great bitter taste that an ipa should give
its just an average beer  in my book  

I tried one at a mate's place yesterday, I didn't think it was too bad but I reckon for the price I could find a better drink & it is a limited edition anyway.

46 minutes ago, CLASSIC said:

I tried one at a mate's place yesterday, I didn't think it was too bad but I reckon for the price I could find a better drink & it is a limited edition anyway.

its drinkable i dont rate it highly mate

i was impressed with one thing i reckon if you wanted to replicate  this one   you could cultivate the yeast from it

i had alot of yeast floating around    

they may have been better bottling this one

Visited bridge road in Beechworth tonight.

Raspberry Saison

Passionfruit and guava sour

Fresh harvest IPA

Hoppy sour (dark plum)

And needed a beanie, because it's arctic here at the moment!

(And yes, I do look like a garden gnome, as my mates pointed out!)

Great place to visit, super helpful and friendly!

PXL_20210514_075526539.PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL_20210514_080959528.PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL_20210514_083248908.PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL_20210514_085547187.PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL_20210514_092705031.jpg

• Like 7

11 hours ago, RepSpec said:

Visited bridge road in Beechworth tonight.

Raspberry Saison

Passionfruit and guava sour

Fresh harvest IPA

Hoppy sour (dark plum)

And needed a beanie, because it's arctic here at the moment!

(And yes, I do look like a garden gnome, as my mates pointed out!)

Great place to visit, super helpful and friendly!

PXL_20210514_075526539.PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL_20210514_080959528.PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL_20210514_083248908.PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL_20210514_085547187.PORTRAIT.jpg

That's one hell of a beard @RepSpec  😲

6 minutes ago, Green Blob said:

Got on the sauce at Sauce yesterday.

Umm, paddle >> Hazy, IPA, Blackberry sour, double oat something, 

Large glass is Pineapple Lychee sour.
Always good stuff there.

PXL_20210514_011950389.thumb.jpg.e283d1bd31c0be64c7099bd61ea776d4.jpgPXL_20210514_014011634.thumb.jpg.1d7dd0394fbb02d64c6d139f7f222184.jpg

Looks pretty awesome GB, just the ticket, I notice they have one in Cairns too. Nice looking beers.

Just now, CLASSIC said:

👍 We have similar in Adelaide as all states would, good places to kill a few hours.

Have you been the little Bang? Good spot there.
I went to Big Shed last time I was down south too.

3 hours ago, Green Blob said:

Great there. How about the Bright Brewery?

Couldn't get a booking. It's bonkers here in Victoria. Seems when we went into lockdown, everyone decided they would get away, any chance they got. 

We actually went to Bright today and it was insane. Like school holidays. Everywhere was booked for lunch etc. 

I was a bit annoyed, but have had some of their beers before. I just wanted to try the bridge road ones I did. 

The Saison was very similar to the one I made a few years ago! Mine had less raspberry, but was still good

Happy Tears  By Blackmans Brewry

Wow  love  the west Coast Ipa have been look so forward to this beer arriving
and finally it arrived today

soon as it hits the lips you get the nudge of bitterness while giving you are great  smooth mouthfeel
nice after taste with a touch of bitterness to boot

aromatics of pine and citrus i think  , my nose is a bit blocked up at the moment to really  smell the  hoppy flavours

rather a clear beer  which has been filtered  but filtering it hasnt lost any of its flavours
its not a beer you will want to sit and have a session with an ABV of 7.5%

I love this brewerys beers  

8/10  for me  for this one

guys i would suggest you get g-pay out and head to blackmans brewery to get ya self some
HAPPY TEARS    

20210517_154601.thumb.jpg.098a2d653dd70b4d9c26d90559fd224c.jpg

Sorry about the finger down the bottom  atleast the beer is showing and the can. i am just a useless photographer

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@RepSpec where do u live in the big smoke if talk about lock down in Vic and Beechworth was a holiday? never been to bright but one those places always busy have heard. Love Bridge road before all the over top covid crap used to go there few times a year. every march for the high country hops festival they had 6 or 7 high country brewers there showcasing all sorts of stuff was good. I live hour away on nsw side of Murray.

On 5/17/2021 at 11:57 PM, jamiek86 said:

@RepSpec where do u live in the big smoke if talk about lock down in Vic and Beechworth was a holiday? never been to bright but one those places always busy have heard. Love Bridge road before all the over top covid crap used to go there few times a year. every march for the high country hops festival they had 6 or 7 high country brewers there showcasing all sorts of stuff was good. I live hour away on nsw side of Murray.

S/E melbourne suburbs mate.

Yeah ive wanted to go to the high country hop thing, but work gets in the way that time of year.

• Like 1

Zytho Brewing - Velvet Luxe Stout

More Porter than Stout, even a Dark Brown Ale.

Caramel chocolate aroma.

Chocolate flavour and vanilla.  Not much roasted notes.

Still a very nice beer, just not sure it gets into Stout territory.  Also noticing some smokiness as I sip more.

IMG_2427.JPG.dc8f63727c7a236fc5b250facb829dec.JPG

• Like 2

Got a few tasters from the bottleo today. This one I only bought it because of the name. @4.2% it’s easy to drink and not half bad but it clearly is a lager and for some reason, lagers mostly don’t do it for me anymore. Dunno why but I turned into a right ale man.

0ADDBA35-5A5F-4FFB-A007-9F0209D7935D.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

52 minutes ago, Aussiekraut said:

Coopers Australian IPA. Rather nice for an IPA but the initial bitterness is a tad harsh for my liking. I guess it’s the Eclipse hops. Not a bad beer though. And it’s an ale 😀

51DF0F65-5711-474B-B416-2733323FF53B.jpeg

Also on the Coopers, prob a bit early but the footys on. Go the Cats! 

20210522_134309.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, jamiek86 said:

@Aussiekraut on it early today mate? good luck they look nice

I’m Bavarian,so it’s all good. It’s called Frühschoppen (early quart). It comes from the old days, when church finished on Sunday morning and the women went home to cook the Sunday roast, while the men went to the pub for a beer or five. Granddad often took me to the pub on sat or sun morning 😀 10 or 10:30 is a perfectly good time to start hitting the sauce 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Aussiekraut said:

Got a few tasters from the bottleo today. This one I only bought it because of the name. @4.2% it’s easy to drink and not half bad but it clearly is a lager and for some reason, lagers mostly don’t do it for me anymore. Dunno why but I turned into a right ale man.

0ADDBA35-5A5F-4FFB-A007-9F0209D7935D.jpeg

I have never seen that one before, simple artwork, sometimes plain is good as long as it tastes OK.

I bought a few from the Bottle'O on the way home from shopping, after tasting I am thinking this would be good weed killer, a USA Pale Ale 7%. I think the high ABV disguises the crappy taste. 😬

20210522_150120 (2).jpg

• Like 2
  • Sad 2