Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

On 6/25/2021 at 10:58 PM, MUZZY said:

We've got some in-laws visiting from Sydney currently. While I was at work my wife loaned the BIL my new tape measure. Somehow he managed to break it.

When I got home from work I discovered this in the fridge, a nice gift from the in-laws for me. I'm not sure if it's to compensate for the tape measure or not but if it is I don't have the heart to tell BIL the new tape measure was about $4. 😁😁

Haven't tasted the beer yet. I'll wait until tomorrow to share with BIL.

IMG20210626000403.jpg

Your brother in law can borrow my tape measures anytime🤣

• Haha 4

Trying out this tasty pale ale. I really like this brewery. This beer is a great easy drinker with a ton of hop aroma but lacks a lot of body. Very crisp. Probably a very simple recipe with 2 row, maybe pilsner, and maybe some wheat. Kind of like a stone and wood tropical ale type of body and I bet this beer is modeled after the old S&W. Good solid beer. 

20210626_182615.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/27/2021 at 11:28 AM, Norris! said:

Trying out this tasty pale ale. I really like this brewery. This beer is a great easy drinker with a ton of hop aroma but lacks a lot of body. Very crisp. Probably a very simple recipe with 2 row, maybe pilsner, and maybe some wheat. Kind of like a stone and wood tropical ale type of body and I bet this beer is modeled after the old S&W. Good solid beer. 

20210626_182615.jpg

Haha, I got a carton of that last weekend and pretty much agree with your summary here. Doesn't seem to form much of a head when it's poured either. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Instigator said:

In Karumba at the Sunset Tavern watching the sun go down over the Gulf.

I was supposed to be heading up there (or near there) in a couple of weeks but lockdown has put an end to that.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

35 minutes ago, Instigator said:

The aftermath of a bucket of prawns,  1/2 dozen oysters, and a sunset. 

20210629_182505.md.jpg

Have a good spew Instigator, I am as jealous as hell and spewing, no prawns required.

• Haha 3

On 6/29/2021 at 6:35 AM, Otto Von Blotto said:

Haha, I got a carton of that last weekend and pretty much agree with your summary here. Doesn't seem to form much of a head when it's poured either. 

Yeah there was pretty much no head and minimal lacing but man the hop aroma was pulling me for another sip each time. I dont think I have had a Bad beer from Zythos and I am pretty sure all of them have been above average. Some things I would change, like a little more body for the zesty pale ale but I like what they kick out.

On 6/29/2021 at 2:33 PM, jamiek86 said:

because beer is in fermenter for 2 weeks and a decent lager period takes time and keggerator room sometimes need a few slabs of something good until catch up.

20210629_222715.jpg

I'm off to Italy tomorrow - I'll no doubt be getting some of that in. I'm going by car so I will take a load of my own stuff too

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pale Man said:

20210702_171424.jpg

Not bad drop is Chouffe - they now do an IPA as well. The kriek style is good for those hungover days that when it comes to 6 PM you can't decide if you need a coke or a beer - kriek is a bit of a cross between the two 🤣

• Haha 1