Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

hey guys

Todays tasting was a zero + sports beer  pale ale

its 0.5% or less in alcohol

i found this very refreshing but i cantpick the hop aroma  or flavour   (bit of a head cold on my part may  have tarnished my smell and taste buds)

its not as watered down as i was expecting like alot of non alcoholic beers 

you can tatste the electrolytes thay have added to this beer , not sure whether thats going to be any help to me

over all i would give it a 7/10

20210529_185958.thumb.jpg.a0aa3dbd2fc5237c520f5018edf8826a.jpg

• Like 2

Todays Tasting   is 

Sobah
Lemon Aspen Pilsner
ABV = 0.5%

Not a normally something i would drink 1 day out for winter in lockdown
however though come a hot sumers day after mowing some lawn this 
beer would be nice and refreshing.

good fresh lemon aroma and the bitterness is quite good and smooth

20210531_140141.thumb.jpg.bf3643ac182c60bf2e1f86f9a00f8275.jpg

To behonest  Trying these Non Alcoholic beers  i was scepticle as i had tried carlton Zero when that 1st came out and had a couple the other week at the pub
and that reminded me why  i didnt go for non Alcoholic drinks... however  most of the beers i have tried so far  from a 24 can mixed box (2 of each)
that i purchased  have been quite  excellent while i would say they give the taste of a stong ipa   etc they are very drinkable and would i order some of these again what i have tried so
you bet i would...    at the moment i am tossing up   heaps normal xpa and  1 other ipa  i havent reviewed yet  and cant remember the name brand of it but i have 1 can left...

I also have a non alcaholic Stout  amongst the pack and i will be giving that ago soon

Sorry to bore everyone with non Alcohol beer     I still drink the real beer  and make the real beer

• Like 2

I have had these boxed for several months as they were the 2nd brew I did in the Craft Kit 8.5l Mr Beer Long Play IPA.

These were bottled 9th February & I tried some a couple of weeks after & then decided to store them longer, I am glad I did as it was a pleasant surprise to hear the bottle sigh & get a nice head,

Very pleasant to drink, sort of in between a dark Ale & a bold Pale. Happy Camper.

Cheers.

MR BEER LONGPLAY IPA.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ozdevil said:

Todays Tasting   is 

Sobah
Lemon Aspen Pilsner
ABV = 0.5%

Not a normally something i would drink 1 day out for winter in lockdown
however though come a hot sumers day after mowing some lawn this 
beer would be nice and refreshing.

good fresh lemon aroma and the bitterness is quite good and smooth

20210531_140141.thumb.jpg.bf3643ac182c60bf2e1f86f9a00f8275.jpg

To behonest  Trying these Non Alcoholic beers  i was scepticle as i had tried carlton Zero when that 1st came out and had a couple the other week at the pub
and that reminded me why  i didnt go for non Alcoholic drinks... however  most of the beers i have tried so far  from a 24 can mixed box (2 of each)
that i purchased  have been quite  excellent while i would say they give the taste of a stong ipa   etc they are very drinkable and would i order some of these again what i have tried so
you bet i would...    at the moment i am tossing up   heaps normal xpa and  1 other ipa  i havent reviewed yet  and cant remember the name brand of it but i have 1 can left...

I also have a non alcaholic Stout  amongst the pack and i will be giving that ago soon

Sorry to bore everyone with non Alcohol beer     I still drink the real beer  and make the real beer

Are you on the Wagon OD ? Will we have to call you Vicar shortly. 🤣 Only Joking, they probably taste fine, I think I would have to scale down slowly as it might shock my system a bit. 🤯

Well  Decided it was time for a real beer this time round

This beer is 

West City Brewing

XPA

Abv = 4.2

Nice and juicy for a XPA and nice smoth creamy taste with some great citrus flavours
its rather hazy in colour but a nice orange look to it
love the fruity smalls of the aroma

20210531_152850.thumb.jpg.70f95ef67248a3329ed18a53261478a2.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CLASSIC said:

Are you on the Wagon OD ? Will we have to call you Vicar shortly. 🤣 Only Joking, they probably taste fine, I think I would have to scale down slowly as it might shock my system a bit. 🤯

mate i am pleasently surprised in what i have tried so far..    far as being on the wagon, that left many years ago  , so no point chasing that wagon again as its truely gone lol

Just now, ozdevil said:

mate i am pleasently surprised in what i have tried so far..    far as being on the wagon, that left many years ago  , so no point chasing that wagon again as its truely gone lol

Just thought I would check, there is no light beer in my fridges, so I guess any visitors should take the back roads on the way home, I used to drink it while I was on the road all of those years.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Green Blob said:

Fortitude Brewing at Mt Tambo. All crackingly good beers. Admiral Ackbar, Stout, Cider, Orange Sour and the ANZUS IPA

Nice looking beers & lunch too GB, I find it amazing now looking at the 2 top ones how a lot of the beer photos posted on this forum resemble the commercial product, in a lot of cases they are better.  Bon Appetit.

• Like 1

Todays Tasting

Sobah

Pepperberry IPA

ABV   0.5%

Yes another  Non Alcoholic beer  on a wednesday arvo

I have not found 1 bad one yet and this was no different

nice bitterness you would expect from a ipa with a hint of pepperberry  that isnt overly powerful
gave a full bodied style taste  like a real  ipa at say 5.4% would

still have a few more different varies to test before i stop boring everyone with non alcoholic beers

20210602_151350.thumb.jpg.82450bd3077c6c414db8be27ffbe4d44.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Aussiekraut said:

Went to visit uncle Dan’s the other day and a four pack of these stopped me right in my tracks. Malty with a reasonable bitterness, just like an Irish Red should be.

That looks a real beauty   @Aussiekraut      i like a good irish red ale myself

When i first started brewing   when i lived in S.A  i did a  Grumpy's irish red ale
which was good for an extract brew

17 hours ago, Instigator said:

'Tis the season.

One Drop Brewing's The Big Bad Wolf - Nitro Imperial Pastry Stout. 10% ABV. I really enjoyed this.

20210604_182832.md.jpg

Must be a cold night wherever you are, good to have a firepit of some sort maybe throw a hot plate on it & cook something, my thoughts anyway, Stout looks good to.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CLASSIC said:

Must be a cold night wherever you are, good to have a firepit of some sort maybe throw a hot plate on it & cook something, my thoughts anyway, Stout looks good to.

Hah! Just in Cairns, North Qld. Probably the least cold place in Oz at the moment. 😉 It's usually too hot up here so this time of year is perfect for both a fire and drinking stout. 👍

I had also just bottled a batch of strong ale (in the black crates in front of the open door) so rewarded myself. 😛

1 minute ago, Instigator said:

Hah! Just in Cairns, North Qld. Probably the least cold place in Oz at the moment. 😉 It's usually too hot up here so this time of year is perfect for both a fire and drinking stout. 👍

I had also just bottled a batch of strong ale (in the black crates in front of the open door) so rewarded myself. 😛

Fair enough, cold day, warm day, hot day always fine for a stout.

• Haha 1

Got a few tasters from uncle Dan’s today. This is something I normally wouldn’t get because I am not a fan of sours. I mean really? The first thing you’re told about brewing is sanitation, sanitation, sanitation. Don’t give the bacteria a chance. The bacteria is your enemy and if you ever had an infected batch, you know why. So why on earth would I deliberately infect my hard worked for beer with bacteria which makes it sour? Why? 
i can taste the coconut and pineapple and the sour. It’s not an off sour but nevertheless.it might have been a decent beer without the lactobacter. It really might have. 

965CFA97-AE0E-40D5-B677-50F2848B65F1.jpeg

• Like 6

20 hours ago, Hilltop hops said:

Great day out in the Barossa- wine, gin and beer. Greenock Brewery was a highlight. Tasty beers and the owner is a top bloke too. 

20210605_150246.jpg

20210605_150541.jpg

Looks like a great place, I haven't been there but have been to the Greenock Pub over the years, must check out the Brewery.

The cider is for the wife, very very easy drinking and quite nice too, good flavour and reasonably dry. It has a pregnancy warning on it, which is fair enough I guess, at 8% anything could happen. I have had a vasectomy though which is good.

The Hopmosphere is very nice. Good bitterness, nicely hoppy. A little too sweet for me, but that is normal.

PXL_20210607_081058862.thumb.jpg.8bb6e2c325867685aff380d8ac24e465.jpg

• Like 2