Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

2 hours ago, CLASSIC said:

Well it looks like you did alright OD a few beers, look around at Breweries even food, what more could you want !

i was happy mate., i'll get many more weekendes there in the next 12 months if covid stays settled..

the best thing of my trip was  catching up with family , mum and dad   those people

• Like 2

4 hours ago, CLASSIC said:

Well it looks like you did alright OD a few beers, look around at Breweries even food, what more could you want !

Tassie i love it here what i am tasting tonight the second picture is the wall of the brewery it came from

cheers enjoy the weekend 

20210709_202518.jpg

20210703_125050.jpg

• Like 3

On 7/9/2021 at 5:12 PM, CLASSIC said:
On 7/9/2021 at 1:17 PM, ozdevil said:

Little bit late but  Last weekend i was over in Tassie for my 50th Birthday

Love Tassie Oz. Great pics mate. Happy Birthday too. Great Brewery's down there and a great distillery as well - Larks on the Wharf. I used to travel there heaps with work - loved the place. Hope you survived the day and the night out 😉

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mickep said:

Love Tassie Oz. Great pics mate. Happy Birthday too. Great Brewery's down there and a great distillery as well - Larks on the Wharf. I used to travel there heaps with work - loved the place. Hope you survived the day and the night out 😉

i survived mate my actual birthday was the 2nd but it was a long weekend of celebrations with family as i have note seen them since 2019    as they all live in tassie except me..

and ya right didnt get to larks but have been there before  

2 minutes ago, therealthing691 said:

give me a run down 

Here’s a little bit of history of Big Shed Brewing, who we are and how we came to be.

We began brewing in Jason’s shed in a rented property in the Barossa back in 2002. The shed was huge, a farmers shed with easily enough room for the brewing equipment, cars, the Scalextric track (yeah that’s right), hardware, tools, everything. It also had a mechanics pit which was perfect for keeping our brews at a constant fermenting temp. It was here we began our love affair with making beer. We loved the fact we could follow our curiosity, what happens when you added berries to your brew (good things actually), what does using a different yeast do to the flavours? We made some cracking beers that folks loved, we also made some abominations never to be seen again… That’s part of the journey and not something we would remove from our experience.

about us.jpg

It was while brewing that we would talk about making this a business. We got ourselves an ABN number and a business name, but it was a while before we did anything with it beyond getting a cheaper price on materials. We actually had three business names picked (the other two escape me) and BSBC won out as it was the only one cleared for business registration. We’d had it for a while and not really done anything other than dream. The trigger for action was when we got the renewal of the business name in the post. It was then we realised all the lost time talking and dreaming rather than doing. Sure in that time we’d made some good beers, had a great time doing it and sharing our wares, but we were no closer to our goal. It was put up or shut-up time!

We rented a small warehouse in Royal Park, moved in and used our R and D setup to further design and refine our starting line-up. It has also been our business base and we have had many discussions with local brewing legend, Stephen Nelsen who helped with the design of our commercial setup.

It all arrived and we put our first beer through the system in December 2013, FrankenBROWN. Since then we have added F-Yeah, Californicator and Kol Schisel to our core range.

• Like 1

Hey its been a while since i purchased a real beer

Valhalla brewing

Obsidian Black Ale

• 6.8% ABV
  • IBU 65
  • Hops – Centennial, Tettnang, Mosaic

what a little gem of an ipa  very much bordering on the porter stout and was voted champion  stout and porter for 2021
    at the Australian international beer awards

I really did enjoy this beer and would make a great winter  Ipa
    as there is definately choclate and roated malts in this  that is not overpowering
    however though i only had the 1 can of this and left me feeling  1 is enough and i dare say i would have struggled through a 2nd
    not becuase i didnt like or enjoy it , it just made me feel quite content in 1 and probably have it as a finishing drink  of a winters evening

i got a small hint of rasperberry not overly noticable but it was there.
    The creamy head from the 1st pour was brilliant  and was alot tighter then what you see in the pic

I had this at around 2 degrees  but as it got warmer just from the hands around the glass and naturally warming up
    the beer even got better,  i really do not think this beer has to be really enjoyed  at low temps   i would say 4-6 degrees would be perfect

I wish i had another 1 of these as i only purchased the 1 can

20210717_155249.thumb.jpg.55d4fbe8e3e2e76e649be567987baff9.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ozdevil said:

i got a small hint of rasperberry not overly noticable but it was there.
The creamy head from the 1st pour was brilliant  and was alot tighter then what you see in the pic

Hey OD, without being critical, rude, offensive, prickish or anything but I think most of the hint of raspberry & creamy head made it's way on to the tea towel.

Just an observation old chap, no offence intended. 😄

Nice looking drink though.

• Like 2

Just now, CLASSIC said:

Hey OD, without being critical, rude, offensive, prickish or anything but I think most of the hint of raspberry & creamy head made it's way on to the tea towel.

Just an observation old chap, no offence intended. 😄

Nice looking drink though.

no offence taken

trust me when a beer is my hand  there is never a spilt beer unless its in the mouth

thats just a dirty tea towel that needed changing  as it had coffee stains from me making a mess from pouring coffee

• Like 1

For those that don't know Mane Liquor in WA they sell over 1000 craft beers (apparently).

Made my first long overdue visit there the other day as I had a delivery to do next door. 

Overwhelmed by all the colourful cans of craft beer - born again beer nut me thinks brewers should make it a bit more obvious what type of beer they're selling, because as 'clever' as some of the name are they give their brews - I have no idea what lies within the can.

I did buy a few samples though, got a tasting too of something very nice, can't remember what it was though.

Anyway currently imbibing Whitelakes Dark Lager, sorry drank it all before I remembered to take a photo - so here's a stolen pic -

Tinnie of the Week: Whitelakes Brewing Dark Lager a perfect fridge filler |  PerthNow

"Full malt dark beer that is both light and dry. White Lakes Dark is an excellent warmer with a complex eight-malt profile. A mahogany myriad of malt flavour, impressioned by chocolate and roasted coffee, spearmint and citrus."

The first sentence is certainly correct - a full flavoured malt experience that is otherwise light and with a dry finish. 

The chocolate and coffee impressions don't really hit until the end of the can - but it has to be said there is a pleasing malt taste throughout with just a a touch of roastiness as one might expect from a schwarzbier.

The spearmint is definitely there on the first few sips, but thankfully disappears the more you dive in - it reminded me of drinking beer just after brushing my teeth - thought this was not going to end well but it did - actually the whole beer gets more enjoyable the more you go. Don't get the citrus though - probably a good thing.

I think I do like it overall, if I was at the pub right now would probably get another pint.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, stquinto said:

Think I’ve posted this before but Duvel do a triple hop special and this Citra is a beaut

a bit hefty at 9.5 % though

CBCDE0F2-7A99-47CB-860D-EF2F97BB8378.jpeg

B271A89F-B92A-4362-83D6-945B95A91F60.jpeg

Great beer that but agree that abv is a danger 😅

• Confused 1