Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

On 5/22/2021 at 6:25 AM, Aussiekraut said:

I’m Bavarian,so it’s all good. It’s called Frühschoppen (early quart). It comes from the old days, when church finished on Sunday morning and the women went home to cook the Sunday roast, while the men went to the pub for a beer or five. Granddad often took me to the pub on sat or sun morning 😀 10 or 10:30 is a perfectly good time to start hitting the sauce 😂

Best to wait for double figures, I'm with you on that 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, CLASSIC said:

@Pale Man  I have tried that in stubbies, nice & hoppy but I haven't seen it in cans, not that it matters, I like most German/Belgian beers anyway.

Prost

I didnt find it over hoppy @CLASSIC, malt was definitely there, but very nice and sessionable. Yeah i agree with ya..........i'm a massive fan of German and Belgians.

• Like 2

hey all todays tasting

Fox friday -Hawkers   limited release

interstraight transfusion

Style ddh neipa
Abv = 6.0%

Wow there is alot to say about this beer and boy does it pack a punch in the hop status

This beer is collaboration between hawkers and fox fridays of tassie
never tried talus hops before but hey they do taste good
the hop flavouring is great   with great citrusy aroma
great haze  that just makes it look like a week orange juice 

i would only have 1 or 2 of these at most in a sitting as it can be overpowering
and if you dont like well hopped beers this wont be for you

20210613_165707.thumb.jpg.26f3e79ff3a94a9de116788ddf1acc8a.jpg 

• Like 5

50 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

Wow there is alot to say about this beer and boy does it pack a punch in the hop status

Hey OD I do agree about over hopped, as much as I love the fresh hoppy kick when you first open & smell the hops in a beer, there is a time when you say enough, it is like trying to eat something overpowered by chili but they must have had a reason for doing it in the first place. 

But at the end of the day there is only thing wrong worse than a bad beer - no beer !!

On 6/10/2021 at 6:44 PM, Green Blob said:

Revisiting an old favourite and it does not disappoint. Very very easy drinking, slightly sweet but well tasty...

PXL_20210610_082952390.thumb.jpg.06a3f92522c8da549e5212de24694b2a.jpg

I do enjoy a tallie of CSA, but I can't say I've ever thought of it as sweet. 🤔 Will have to add couple (or a few) to the trolley next time I'm in Dans.

James Squire - Broken Shackles Lager - Giving it a try because of recommendations on the Forum, not because of JS's good marketing.

Strong malty aroma with some floral hop aroma

Pretty flavoursome lager.  Balance leans towards the bitter side.  Nice.  How do they get the flavour in without changing the colour?

IMG_2466.JPG.961cb7e7440dda5e91830546b046a0ab.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

Coopers - Best Extra Stout

440ml can - Why?  It does not taste any better.  Just more of it.  Hang on, I think I am getting it.

Still one of my favourite Stouts @Shamus O'Sean  the recent 440ml promo on the Coopers Pale Ale was welcomed & I am tempted to grab a slab of these but cost wise I reckon I could do better with product as I am very happy with my current stout albeit running out fast. Next week's job !

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

Coopers - Best Extra Stout

440ml can - Why?  It does not taste any better.  Just more of it.  Hang on, I think I am getting it.

IMG_2467.JPG.267b365ab36a5cbb555ed64c0d3bb907.JPG

Good if you go camping and don't want glass flopping around your 4wd. Other than that no real advantage, people prefer cans over bottles. I'm easy

• Like 2

On 6/10/2021 at 7:26 AM, CLASSIC said:

@Pale Man  I have tried that in stubbies, nice & hoppy but I haven't seen it in cans, not that it matters, I like most German/Belgian beers anyway.

Prost

On 6/10/2021 at 12:49 AM, Pale Man said:

Had this a few days back. Delicious. 

Resized_20210603_202756.jpeg

Saw this this other day so bought myself a sample which I just finished. Very nice!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Got myself one of these from uncle Dan’s. A six pack of exclusive GABS beers. It sounded interesting, so I bit the $35 bullet. This is part one because there are some high ABV beers in there and if I drink them all, I’d have to go to bed at 8 in order to get out of bed at 5:30 😀

D945A34A-786D-41E4-B1CE-EC752C6A8EC6.thumb.jpeg.fd6bb9dee4cc37f80dcfd6a4154584e8.jpeg

The first I tried was Wanderlust, a hazy IPA from Mountain Culture Brewing. Nice and Juicy, not uber hoppy and the 7% abv are nicely masked. I quite like it, despite not being a big fan of hazies.

6F8895B7-942E-4749-947C-196D2CCB9F63.thumb.jpeg.faee43ca7eb722743c606c8d24571194.jpeg

Next up, Maple Banana Split Your Pants Beer from Urban Alley Brewing. A Dunkel Weizen with extra goodies. When you open the can, you get a distinct banana aroma, which isn’t as strong when you drink it. Tastes like a dunkel Weizen should but it is a little bit more sour in the aftertaste than it should be. Maybe a bit more maltiness would have helped. It feels a little thin. It’s not bad but I’ve had better.

93158A96-B693-4503-B44A-10B66288F059.thumb.jpeg.fb2fdf9d96cc0cadd057d334c57d4b51.jpeg

Last for the day is the Sundae Beer from Sealegs Brewing. Coming in at 7.6%, it’s the strongest beer for the day. This one was actually the main reason I bought the box but it let me down. I expected a nice sweet, chocolaty, fruity, creamy beer, reminiscent of a chocolate bar or a Sundae as the name suggests but I was wrong and got this, despite shaking the can and doing a hard vertical pour. Got a bit of head to start with but within 30 seconds, it was all gone, no sign of the “nitro foam” promised. It smells and tastes chocolaty, I can taste raspberry and a hint of strawberry and coffee. I think it would have worked better as a porter or a stout. Not sure what the style is supposed to be but it looks like flat mud. I’m rather disappointed to be honest. 

D266BD29-53A7-45F5-99D8-98D8B1805DAD.thumb.jpeg.ece963b9e9fa3fa7df08fd348056c2e5.jpeg

That’s it for today, part 2 will follow on Saturday I suppose, so stay tuned.

Edited by Aussiekraut
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1