Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

10 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

That is a top Brewery, they have top beers, great place for food as well. I am just under an hour away from it.

Ah no worries. First time i've tried their beers. Its ok, but a bit thin on the palate for me. Drinkable but ive had better home brewed beer.

Ive got their stout to try very shortly.

1 minute ago, Pale Man said:

Ah no worries. First time i've tried their beers. Its ok, but a bit thin on the palate for me. Drinkable but ive had better home brewed beer.

Ive got their stout to try very shortly.

I am thinking it probably would be better out of the tap, I have been there for Pizza/Burgers & eleventeen Pints out of the taps.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I am thinking it probably would be better out of the tap, I have been there for Pizza/Burgers & eleventeen Pints out of the taps.

I'd agree. I'm not a fan of canned beer. I have no doubt that beer would be lovely on tap. Canning doesn't do beer justice in my opinion.

17 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

This stuff sucks your cheeks in like a sour lolly. Not my thing. Why I keep trying sours is beyond me.

20210903_161813.jpg

i can tolerate sours but not my thing either but have a mate that loves them like lolly water

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

i can tolerate sours but not my thing either but have a mate that loves them like lolly water

It taste more like some kind of cider to me really. Not beer. I'd never bag anyone that drinks it, each to their own. But i like personally reviewing a beer and i'll tell it as i see it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

It taste more like some kind of cider to me really. Not beer. I'd never bag anyone that drinks it, each to their own. But i like personally reviewing a beer and i'll tell it as i see it.

so you should tell it as you see it

i'm the same , i can drink all beer   but if tastes  bad ya going to get told rather bluntly its bad

i also try to see where the brewer was heading as well even if its a bad beer

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

so you should tell it as you see it

i'm the same , i can drink all beer   but if tastes  bad ya going to get told rather bluntly its bad

i also try to see where the brewer was heading as well even if its a bad beer

Never a truer word spoken OD.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pale Man said:

This stuff sucks your cheeks in like a sour lolly. Not my thing. Why I keep trying sours is beyond me.

20210903_161813.jpg

Sours must be a taste that I have not acquired as yet. I have tried quite a few and no, I have not enjoyed any of them. Many people love them but I am not one of them.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, kmar92 said:

Sours must be a taste that I have not acquired as yet. I have tried quite a few and no, I have not enjoyed any of them. Many people love them but I am not one of them.

Yeah, they make you purse your lips!

• Like 1

This is a beer from the Cooper's ROTM range. My initial attempt at Battleship Bitter was more than 18 months ago and I bottled it with carb drops at the rate Cooper's said. Hated the result as even after months of conditioning it was, to me, under carbonated and just damn flat, not enjoyable at all. I think that has been the only brew that I have made that I ended up discarding.

So a few weeks ago I tried it again, this time with kegging, it has turned out as a nice ESB!

1693e.jpg

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Pale Man said:

I'd agree. I'm not a fan of canned beer. I have no doubt that beer would be lovely on tap. Canning doesn't do beer justice in my opinion.

Cans are good. THey keep the beer fresher - no loight.

I was getting a subscription for a while and they were cans and well fresh and yummy.

Kegs are betterer though

34 minutes ago, kmar92 said:

Hated the result as even after months of conditioning it was, to me, under carbonated and just damn flat, not enjoyable at all. I think that has been the only brew that I have made that I ended up discarding.

Ya Shooda used the Muzzy Method either ver 1.0 or 2.0 when bottling in PET balloons.  @MUZZY  Muzz needs the money for his horsey habit ha ha.😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1