Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

35 minutes ago, disgruntled said:

Cans are good. THey keep the beer fresher - no loight.

But the R rating of cans is very, very low.  Cans conduct heat easily whilst in transit and can (pardon the pun) kill a good beer if not kept out of the sun or heat.   Great for when they are buried in ice but,  the R rating is an asset as they chill down much quicker and you can feel the cold when you grab a can.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Cans to me a the bottom of the ladder for the reasons who have all mentioned. If bought fresh, chilled & consumed I generally can deal with them although I always use a glass, apart from those times when you are roughing it down the river or just having a B grade BBQ.

Beer from glass always tastes better to me, again, I prefer to use a glass.

It seems the cans are gradually taking over shelf space in most Bottle Shops particularly Craft Breweries. Now we have to deal with the 4-pack, unfortunately most of them charge what we used to pay for a 6-pack or more.

Of course they are transported & stored more easily than glass & I suppose freight would come in to it also as they would cost less to ship.

Cheers anyway.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, iBooz2 said:

Ya Shooda used the Muzzy Method either ver 1.0 or 2.0 when bottling in PET balloons.  @MUZZY  Muzz needs the money for his horsey habit ha ha.😁

Especially today, Booza. Race 1 Adelaide picked a horse I was very confident would win. TAB had a promo - back your horse to win, if it runs 2nd, 3rd or 4th you get your money back. Only a field of 6. It only had to beat two home for a refund. So I whacked a $50 on it, which is a very large bet for me. It ran 5th. FFS. 😞 Turns out the poor bugga was lame after the race. Feel bad for the horsey but feeling worse for my TAB account.

• Sad 2

5 minutes ago, MUZZY said:

Especially today, Booza. Race 1 Adelaide picked a horse I was very confident would win. TAB had a promo - back your horse to win, if it runs 2nd, 3rd or 4th you get your money back. Only a field of 6. It only had to beat two home for a refund. So I whacked a $50 on it, which is a very large bet for me. It ran 5th. FFS. 😞 Turns out the poor bugga was lame after the race. Feel bad for the horsey but feeling worse for my TAB account.

That sounds like something that would happen to me Muzzy, I don't bet but raffles/meat trays or any kind of other stuff I am always outside of the circle. 🏇 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Cans to me a the bottom of the ladder for the reasons who have all mentioned. If bought fresh, chilled & consumed I generally can deal with them although I always use a glass, apart from those times when you are roughing it down the river or just having a B grade BBQ.

Nice litte pun thrown in @Classic Brewing Co 😄

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Prince Harry said:

@Pale Man getting nervous for lions come Adelaide and knock port out? nice close game 

Hey mate. Lions not home yet. Also good luck to either of these teams knocking a fresh Port out, at home next week. But yes i am nervous. i'm always nervous before a Port game. They are my boys. Ive supported them since my Dad installed in my brain as a baby.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Prince Harry said:

every time dogs make final it gets worse I don't go for either of them but was heaps worse tonight than last week. they couldn't do anything wrong but got paid almost everything 

BS!! and I am a Tigers fan.  Credit were credit is due PH & PM.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Prince Harry said:

🤔 bit confused about this part and your last statement what is the boozer the top dog around here that makes people change their mind?

I think you will find the members involved in your post are all top blokes & very experienced & knowledgeable brewers. As far as I am aware there is no 'top dog'. Everybody helps anyone that needs it.

As for football, I couldn't care less, not interested, don't watch it & don't care who wins.

• Like 4

Todays little sampler

Brewery = Blackmans Brewery
beer = Needs More mosaic
Style =  IPA
ABV = 6.5%

I love these single hopped beers , why?  Well it gives me a great understanding of the charactistic of the hops used  and what flavours you can get out of the hop

the use of the mosiac hops in this beer is brilliant, its not overpowering and very well easy to drink for a ipa
very well balanced beer and would love to  try to make this beer myself down the track.

great mouth feel and aromas and not a huge strong after taste  from it but nice and fruity and tropical

i'd give this a 8/10 

20210905_144151.thumb.jpg.60a3fdb111af0cfb5db4180992dcfdbe.jpg

• Like 2

Rogue Ales - Chocolate Stout Nitro - The first of my Father's Day acquisitions

Aroma

• Jaffa's
  • Chocolate topping
  • Orange notes

Flavour

• Same as the aromas plus
  • A sweetness, maybe lactose
  • black current, maybe Bramling Cross hops
  • None of the strong roasted notes you usually get with a stout 

IMG_2577.JPG.8ad1e86e6a3c2c896e2ec4b5f9dd513d.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 9/3/2021 at 9:41 AM, Pale Man said:

I love a nip of Whiskey but avoid it at all times. It makes me do silly things.

Can you find this stuff Down Under ?

Beautiful drop. Problem with Irish (as in whiskey and not whisky) is it's triple distilled which takes the sharpness away. If you're not careful you knock back 1/3 bottle without knowing it. 

This version of Bush is matured in Bourbonm casks, and you also get one matured in Stout or IPA kegs, can't remeber which.

Dangerously quaffable though, and true enough some people react funny to whiskey more than other spirits...

bush.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, stquinto said:

Beautiful drop. Problem with Irish (as in whiskey and not whisky) is it's triple distilled which takes the sharpness away. If you're not careful you knock back 1/3 bottle without knowing it. 

This version of Bush is matured in Bourbonm casks, and you also get one matured in Stout or IPA kegs, can't remeber which.

Dangerously quaffable though, and true enough some people react funny to whiskey more than other spirits...

bush.jpg

Never seen it to tell the truth fella not that I look for whisky. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

Hi @stquinto that sounds pretty good, I looked it up, it is available at Dan Murphy's but I couldn't find that exact bottle, the ones I saw were $50-55 AUS.  As you know there are a lot of Scotch's/Bourbons etc on the market. Personally I don't have a problem drinking any of them - but I suppose that isn't something you should be proud of 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, stquinto said:

bush.jpg

@ $115.00   a bottle we can get this brew through catch.com.au

but i am sure there is other places  a bit cheaper

• Like 1

Braeside Brewing Co - Mixed Berry Compass Sour

The can says it contains Strawberry and Blackberry puree.  I can pick up the strawberry in the aroma.  A little bit of citrus from whatever hops are in it.

Plenty of carbonation, but does not hold a head.

Pleasant fruity flavour and then the sour kicks in.  It is a deep lingering sour, rather than a short sharp zing.

Nice subtly pink/red tinge of colour.

IMG_2578.JPG.f950ee57eb5be2420a13c023fa1e1c2f.JPG

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Nice surprise tonight was given four of these as a gift tonight. Didn’t even know you could get it  in Australia again, haven’t had it for years. Used to be my favourite beer will definitely make a clone when I one day get nitro 🤞 

C96E7599-DC95-4E3D-97EF-C5B38A1EB80F.jpeg

60E7FF74-DDC6-49AA-8F42-940C970EEBF7.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2