Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

5 minutes ago, jamiek86 said:

@Shamus O'Sean I tried a colonial something not that long ago was nice. how many of their range u had and like? @Hairy we all like a nice nun well done 😜

I like the Colonial beers that I have had.  I think that was the first time for the sour.  Had their Pale Ale and IPA.  Like them both.  Didn't they used to have the ring pull where the whole top of the can came off?  Not any more.  Loss of a novelty.

22 minutes ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

I like the Colonial beers that I have had.  I think that was the first time for the sour.  Had their Pale Ale and IPA.  Like them both.  Didn't they used to have the ring pull where the whole top of the can came off?  Not any more.  Loss of a novelty.

I only had my first and only not that long ago think was the pale ale not sure about ring pull. Thought that was back in 70s before I was born 😄

9 hours ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

I recall reading something about them being banned in some States. The thought was that by having a removable lid it created greater waste i.e. the can gets recycled but the lid gets tossed.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The Captain!! said:

Here’s what $85 will buy ya these days.

double from Heretic was amazing! 
two smaller saisons were pretty good. The garage project one was a little sour for my liking

606705BB-65A8-4DFF-AEC1-FA3ED75F059A.jpeg

I love the Evil Twin. The Evil Cousin looks awesome.

On 4/11/2021 at 6:49 PM, Hairy said:

I love the Evil Twin. The Evil Cousin looks awesome.

Yeah it was really good.

best beer I’ve had this year was Make America Juicy Again. I’m not a hazy man but that was absolutely Devine. So drinkable it was scary Hairy

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Hairy said:

It’s OK. I’m not a big fan of the Coopers yeast in hoppy beers, there’s something about it that doesn’t quite mesh.

It is a little better than the Coopers Hazy IPA.

2 hours ago, Hairy said:

It is a little better than the Coopers Hazy IPA.

sounds like coopers are starting to slip  in the brewing world as the hazy wasnt that great  yeah drinkable but nothing spectacular that even warrented the price tag

i'm still going to try the australian ipa     if i can find it near by

• Like 1

Unfortunately I spent 20 bucks on 4 of these. Very bland and bitter. The description on the can don't match the Beer I'm afraid, the hops just aren't coming through. Coopers you should just stick to your Stout, Sparkling and Pale Ales in my opinion. 

20210424_152711.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

5 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

Unfortunately I spent 20 bucks on 4 of these. Very bland and bitter. The description on the can don't match the Beer I'm afraid, the hops just aren't coming through. Coopers you should just stick to your Stout, Sparkling and Pale Ales in my opinion. 

Well @Pale Man  so far you guys have put me off buying any of these, I haven't heard of any good reviews yet. So thanks for saving me $20.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CLASSIC said:

Well @Pale Man  so far you guys have put me off buying any of these, I haven't heard of any good reviews yet. So thanks for saving me $20.

Dont get me wrong, its drinkable. But at 20 bucks for 4 it wants to be more than just that. It's a try hard from Coopers.

I might be spoilt, having a glass of Hoppys all grain IPA the other night is chalk and cheese to this. I'm not sure what market is targeted here, but i'd much rather a Sparkling Ale.

2 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

Dont get me wrong, its drinkable. But at 20 bucks for 4 it wants to be more than just that. It's a try hard from Coopers.

I might be spoilt, having a glass of Hoppys all grain IPA the other night is chalk and cheese to this. I'm not sure what market is targeted here, but i'd much rather a Sparkling Ale.

Well I understand Hoppy's would streak ahead of it, but I am with you the 3 Coopers products you mentioned earlier are excellent. It to me is like Nobby's they make great Peanuts, but crap Jerky.

• Haha 1

I'm a massive fan of Coopers staple beers. I dote over the stout and sparkling. I'm just not sure what direction they're heading with these limited edition releases.

Thats just me, someone out there would love it. But i reckon i can be a reliable critic. I've been drinking and brewing Coopers for over 30 years.

I sound like an old man yelling at a cloud, and telling the neighbours to get off my lawn. But i love my lawn.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

I'm a massive fan of Coopers staple beers. I dote over the stout and sparkling. I'm just not sure what direction they're heading with these limited edition releases.

Thats just me, someone out there would love it. But i reckon i can be a reliable critic. I've been drinking and brewing Coopers for over 30 years.

I sound like an old man yelling at a cloud, and telling the neighbours to get off my lawn. But i love my lawn.

STOUT, PALE ALE, SPARKLING ALE from Coopers are pretty much anybody would need for a lifetime of drinking, but of course there are a lot of others we have tried & like, but this new trend to bloody 4 x packs of overpriced yuppy beer is crap. Now I sound like an old man yelling & I haven't got any lawn, only pavers !

• Haha 2

Guys and gals    i love feral brewing   specially the feral hop hog

but this beer   is sensational

i am spewing i didnt buy a carton of this

juicy and   clear considering  its an ipa 

Aroma  brilliant 
flavour brilliant 
bitterness brilliant

Feral never fails to dissapoint

20210424_180454.jpg

• Like 4