Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

4 minutes ago, CLASSIC said:

I have only tried one can of that so far & I am about to make it, How would you rate it from 1 - 10 ?

I'd say a 7, it's not the usual hop bomb IPA but more like a supercharged bitter Sparkling Ale. I like it. 

This is going to be one out of the Normal beer most of us put up here after having a tasting

As i am professional Driver and boy do i love a good beer but sometimes i just cant have a beer
due to having to be 0.0 the following day  and just some days i just feel like a beer

So i am on the journey of trying a few  non Alcaholic beers ( well they are not exactly non alcaholic as they do have some alcahol in them)

I have just purchase a tasting pack containing 24 cans   2x of different Non Alchaholic beers

brewery = Heaps Normal

beer = Quiet XPA

Abv = less then 0.5%

20210524_154909.thumb.jpg.7c091dc2fb102f38d607fc8a39c35228.jpg

well this was the 1st cab of the rank

I love a good xpa  in the  alchaol variety so i thought this would be a great place to start  trying (i have tried carlton zero)

Its rather good and refreshing and not very dull as i was expecting for a non alcaholic brew
tropical citrus aromas shine through  and its not overly bitterly taste but the bitterness is well balanced.
as you can see the colourness is still like a xpa .

I can  see this would be my goto non alcaholic beer when i cant really have a normal beer

Not a bad start for a non alcahol beer

cheers and beers

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

This is going to be one out of the Normal beer most of us put up here after having a tasting

As i am professional Driver and boy do i love a good beer but sometimes i just cant have a beer
due to having to be 0.0 the following day  and just some days i just feel like a beer

So i am on the journey of trying a few  non Alcaholic beers ( well they are not exactly non alcaholic as they do have some alcahol in them)

I have just purchase a tasting pack containing 24 cans   2x of different Non Alchaholic beers

brewery = Heaps Normal

beer = Quiet XPA

Abv = less then 0.5%

20210524_154909.thumb.jpg.7c091dc2fb102f38d607fc8a39c35228.jpg

well this was the 1st cab of the rank

I love a good xpa  in the  alchaol variety so i thought this would be a great place to start  trying (i have tried carlton zero)

Its rather good and refreshing and not very dull as i was expecting for a non alcaholic brew
tropical citrus aromas shine through  and its not overly bitterly taste but the bitterness is well balanced.
as you can see the colourness is still like a xpa .

I can  see this would be my goto non alcaholic beer when i cant really have a normal beer

Not a bad start for a non alcahol beer

cheers and beers

@ozdevil  Commiserations for having to drink beer with no ALCOHOL ( Sorry I can't help myself, years of laying out advertisements & proof reading forces me to comment, no disrespect intended )

But if your job requires zero alcohol well so be it. I have a pilot mate so I know how  you feel. I tried a Carlton Zero once but halfway through it I had to ditch it but that is only me, I also travelled for years on the road so at times the only beer I could sneak was a light until I reached my destination.

Cheers.

15 minutes ago, CLASSIC said:

@ozdevil  Commiserations for having to drink beer with no ALCOHOL ( Sorry I can't help myself, years of laying out advertisements & proof reading forces me to comment, no disrespect intended )

But if your job requires zero alcohol well so be it. I have a pilot mate so I know how  you feel. I tried a Carlton Zero once but halfway through it I had to ditch it but that is only me, I also travelled for years on the road so at times the only beer I could sneak was a light until I reached my destination.

Cheers.

mate  , its not the end of me drinking the real stuff  that will never happen i still think i'll be drinking the real stuff when i am dead ..

i have to agree with you @CLASSIC with Carlton Zero   its not the best when it comes to non alcoholic beers go..

but quiet XPA  is heaps   different and tasted like beer   should..   

5 hours ago, ozdevil said:

Have you tried Bitburger Drive Ozzie @ozdevil... Pils Style I guess... I reckon it's not too bad and the price is not too horrendous for what you get... well it was the last time I bought a carton...  And a while ago somehow there was a Post-Fathers' Day Spesh on a non-alc version of Becks in my Woolies (suspect nobody bought it and they wanted to get rid of it) and it was v cheap so I grabbed a few and it was not too bad... Becks von Bremen

image.thumb.png.ebe62e04e279e4fb5a8a2ac26e5ffa1d.png

Edited by Graubart

7 hours ago, Graubart said:

Have you tried Bitburger Drive Ozzie @ozdevil... Pils Style I guess... I reckon it's not too bad and the price is not too horrendous for what you get... well it was the last time I bought a carton...  And a while ago somehow there was a Post-Fathers' Day Spesh on a non-alc version of Becks in my Woolies (suspect nobody bought it and they wanted to get rid of it) and it was v cheap so I grabbed a few and it was not too bad... Becks von Bremen

Cant say that i have but will keep an eye out for it and give it ago

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ozdevil said:

Cant say that i have but will keep an eye out for it and give it ago

Aldi were doing this today for like $23 a Carton or so which is pretty cheap... The sixers were $7 or so... not as good but I didn't need a carton... just a few to have on hand... mmm... I probably shoulda woulda coulda bought a carton more plonkkkker me 😐 as they would store just fine... mmm.... ah well too late... but anyway... I think it might also be worth a go @ozdevil Ozzy...  

image.thumb.png.e3fbf387b47ece701be3b2134b606999.png

Edited by Graubart
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, CLASSIC said:

I would be curious to see what it tasted like.

I wouldn't let yourself be caught up in too much trepidation @CLASSIC Phil though I do truly understand your concern... but really... it just tastes a bit like.... Megaswill... Beer without any guts😆

But if yer Off the Grogs or Driving it is pretty useful... and I think the Deutschies get it better than most... 

The Alc Free Weissbier - think it is Paulaner? - from Aldi - at Oktoberfest time - is quite good if yer on the Wagon or Driving : )

And if you need to keep off the juice like @ozdevil Ozzy must for his livelihood and want a drink that tastes something like beer... then some of those above might be worth a taste at least ; )

9 hours ago, Graubart said:

I wouldn't let yourself be caught up in too much trepidation @CLASSIC Phil though I do truly understand your concern... but really... it just tastes a bit like.... Megaswill... Beer without any guts😆

But if yer Off the Grogs or Driving it is pretty useful... and I think the Deutschies get it better than most... 

The Alc Free Weissbier - think it is Paulaner? - from Aldi - at Oktoberfest time - is quite good if yer on the Wagon or Driving : )

And if you need to keep off the juice like @ozdevil Ozzy must for his livelihood and want a drink that tastes something like beer... then some of those above might be worth a taste at least ; )

I totally understand Graubster as I said in earlier posts I drank light when I was travelling OZ, apart from the evenings !!  There is a a place for it, I guess we guys who enjoy full bodied beer can't help having a sling off now & again.

• Haha 1

it just tastes a bit like.... Megaswill... Beer without any guts😆  You mean like 🐈 P...

The Alc Free Weissbier - think it is Paulaner? - from Aldi ...................      I notice a lot of you guys mention Aldi when buying grog, here in SA no Supermarkets sell Alcohol, we just have the normal bottle shops & of course BWS & Liquor Land ( Woolworths & Coles ) sort of semi attached next door, it's silly really as they may as well put it all in one.

• Sad 1

Big fan of 4 Pines Brewing.

‘Strolled past the bottlo this morning and they had this, so I grabbed a sixer.

‘Yep it’s like the label says, very banana clove, nice beer actually.

In the background is my Pale Ale finished CC & ready for kegging.

‘Bit of all sorts so I named it Ace Of Spades Bitter, RIP Lemmy, this ones for you champ. 

BDE98235-54BC-46F6-9234-A81260317D3A.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, CLASSIC said:

@Red devil 44 That looks nice, I haven't tried that one but I have had a few of theirs, I didn't realise they were such a big concern, I just had a peak & they have locations everywhere.

Cheers.

They were bought out by one of the Big Boys a couple of years ago.

I lived in Dee Why for a few years and used to like visiting their little bar in Manly.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hairy said:

They were bought out by one of the Big Boys a couple of years ago.

I lived in Dee Why for a few years and used to like visiting their little bar in Manly.

That probably explains why, their website is impressive & the number of locations spread around, good luck to them anyway, good to see.

8 hours ago, Hilltop hops said:

Over at Parramatta for work. Coopers Pale at the woolpack Hotel.

I like the Woolpack; it used to be a regular.

I predominantly work in Parramatta now and it is a craft beer wasteland.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1