Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

3 minutes ago, CLASSIC said:

Yeah good big Pub, been there heaps of times in the early days but Pooraka is a bit far from Camden Park if you know what I mean. 🚔

Yeah its changed a lot with the new beer garden and food is way better than last time. Gotta be careful these days, got a Uber ride for 13 bucks. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Hilltop hops said:

Yeah its changed a lot with the new beer garden and food is way better than last time. Gotta be careful these days, got a Uber ride for 13 bucks. 

Lot's of good Lunch type Pubs around these days, especially the craft breweries/taprooms, love them all but as you say you have to Uber.

Protect the license & don't get done by the filth is what I say. 

Go for it. Cheers.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Hilltop hops said:

Belair and Stirling too classy for me! At the Bridgeway. Lunch was really good. 

bridgeway used to be my local when i lived in Adelaide as i could just walk through a park and was home in 3-5 minutes 

its fairly decent size pub  for what it looks from bridge rd

Sunday Road Brewing Co - Lunar Eclipse (Dark) Lager

Interesting aroma - a bit like Jaffas - choc orange

Great flavour.  Choc, plus a slight roastiness, citrus from the hops and there is something lingering that seems like honey.  Maybe its is a highly flavoured pilsner malt.  8/10

IMG_2307.thumb.JPG.b5f82c9399c942ed4776518bdbdd3586.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/7/2021 at 11:08 PM, Shamus O'Sean said:

Bridge Road Brewers - Crimson Crescent - Hoppy Red Ale

Ultra hoppy aroma.  Abundant citrus.

Fruity flavour hit too.  Balanced by a strong malty backbone so you know its a beer.  It was a really nice beer.

IMG_2305.JPG.de29a1e7506b10d113b668bdaa3098a0.JPG

Had one of these on the weekend too. Really good beer. Really really good. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, John E Miller said:

Thoroughly enjoying the last of my 6 pack of tasters. I'm glad to be trying this beer because I hear about it all the time... "the beer that sparked the American craft beer revolution"

20210309_165249.jpg

That looks pretty interesting John, I have seen it at Dan Murphy's but the price stopped me $81.90 for 24   $25.50 for 6 pack   $5.10 per Stubby/Can Jeez ...

But again I have paid more than that for a Stubby. Enjoy.

• Like 1

Two Birds Brewing – Total Eclipse of the Hop XPA – 5.5% ABV

This was one of the Beer Cartel Advent Calendar beers.  It's a good think I like it because I have got a couple this time around.

Made with new Australian bred and grown hops.

Aroma of freshly peeled oranges.

Nice hoppy flavoured beer.  Very nice beer. 7.5/10

IMG_2310.thumb.JPG.c0d30392ea02c16be1981e81f7028bee.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, CLASSIC said:

@Shamus O'Sean  You seem to seek out all of these exotic beers, anything around 5% with a hop kick wins me every time. Being Australian is also a good thing.

I like Beer Cartel in Sydney.  Occasionally they have free delivery (hence my current posting of different beers).  There are several others too.  Most of the Aussie companies distribute Aussie brewers beers.  They also have plenty of overseas brews too.  If anything, too many to choose from.

5 minutes ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

I like Beer Cartel in Sydney.  Occasionally they have free delivery (hence my current posting of different beers).  There are several others too.  Most of the Aussie companies distribute Aussie brewers beers.  They also have plenty of overseas brews too.  If anything, too many to choose from.

Yes I am aware of them, we have in little old Adelaide lots of Craft Breweries & independent bottle shops who strongly support Aussie brands, of course being in Sydney you would have it in a much bigger way. It is also great to be able to choose anything from all over the planet. I love trying beers from all over the world. Cheers.

19 minutes ago, CLASSIC said:

Yes I am aware of them, we have in little old Adelaide lots of Craft Breweries & independent bottle shops who strongly support Aussie brands, of course being in Sydney you would have it in a much bigger way. It is also great to be able to choose anything from all over the planet. I love trying beers from all over the world. Cheers.

I am in Melbourne - Outer South East suburbs.  Hence I use Beer Cartel's occasional free delivery. 

Over the next few weeks some of my pics will be of O/S brews, including a Chimay and a Sierra Nevada.