Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

21 minutes ago, CLASSIC said:

Good one PM, I am having one of these ATM but for nostalgic reasons I might get some Southwark ! 😋

108563.png

Make sure you get the limited edition, it definitely taste different to the Southark Bitter you can get these days.

In fact its everything i remember when my Dad gave me a swig of his beer. I quite like it, a lot probably wouldnt, might have something to do with memories.

1 hour ago, CLASSIC said:

Yeah I understand, I haven't had a Green Death for years so I know what you mean, I remember when the 2nd version came out, it was called Southwark Premium.

They used to refer to it as 'table beer' - it wasn't half bad, a bit like a Crownie.

crownies are horrible to sweet and over priced in my opinion goes to show what a gold label can do for a beer

4 minutes ago, Hilltop hops said:

Red Rye IPA was great. 

After @Green Blob steered me in this direction I am backing the Rye thing these days... nice HH!

Am thinking of purchasing a big fat bag of the stuff and making a few more Rye Babies ; )

Has the brewery got anything to do with St Agnes the aussie Brandy people?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Graubart said:

After @Green Blob steered me in this direction I am backing the Rye thing these days... nice HH!

Am thinking of purchasing a big fat bag of the stuff and making a few more Rye Babies ; )

Has the brewery got anything to do with St Agnes the aussie Brandy people?

Never brewed with rye. Had a bit of spice, very tasty. 

Nothing to do with the brandy. A little warehouse tap room that opened a few months ago. You can see the set up behind the beer. Friendly brewer and nice beers, I'll be going back. 

• Like 1

It was yesterday’s tasting but there was a visit to Wicked Elf and Moorebeer in Port Macquarie.

Great beers and great venues. About a 20 second walk between the two. Google maps said 46 seconds but I smashed it.

4304B86C-1514-49ED-B2F7-5DE220054181.thumb.jpeg.f0b1919b1719c51104197133af4b764f.jpeg

F7290B02-2205-4DC4-BA28-72B35540F628.thumb.jpeg.7d22cf94d4b8ab05262e3ac8d3b62a50.jpeg

929FC5C0-0092-4AC7-9705-90D3BD3B7FD3.thumb.jpeg.47a8ae8d0290e7d110af19cff3e193e2.jpeg

12F017BC-E4E8-4205-B34F-680E96DB1C44.thumb.jpeg.88d883c0748d498ad00051cf64d94a6c.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Hairy said:

About a 20 second walk between the two. Google maps said 46 seconds but I smashed it.

Mate there is no doubt about you @Hairy Hairy you are a funny man!!!  I had a very good laugh at that... Laughter is the best medicine.

Mmmm well I think it might be just about Beer Time in my part of the world 😁

@Hairy you better tell google to update that info i hate it when tells me to turn left in 500 meters then straight after perform u turn as just went past it.

Elcheapo aldi lager made in La France apparently because was at aldi and only 30 for slab. Made 5 batches of bootmaker in a row getting bit sick of it still got 2 and half left need a break to appreciate it again20210123_164745.thumb.jpg.f0db8f2049d43d6d840420a2d3df6791.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Graubart said:

Mate there is no doubt about you @Hairy Hairy you are a funny man!!!  I had a very good laugh at that... Laughter is the best medicine.

Mmmm well I think it might be just about Beer Time in my part of the world 😁

There was no intention to be funny; I was just bragging.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, jamiek86 said:

Elcheapo aldi lager made in La France apparently

Mate I have slurped a bit of that in the past... before I got back into making own stuff... wasn't that bad a drop... cost effective... and certainly miles better than the GTNthdropswill haha!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Graubart said:

Mate I have slurped a bit of that in the past... before I got back into making own stuff... wasn't that bad a drop... cost effective... and certainly miles better than the GTNthdropswill haha!

have to say its not the worst of the euro knock offs 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CLASSIC said:

Looks Good Hiltop, I have tried a few from my local Thirsty Camel - not bad at all, I have been told it's a pretty big joint, I live at Camden Park, bit far to drive home, but we will see.

Cheers.

Worth a visit, burger was great and the Mrs had the Halloumi burger with Cauliflower bites if vego is your thing. 

• Like 1