Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

On 2/11/2021 at 8:25 AM, Graubart said:

Good stuff - thanks @Aussiekraut AK... it would not be too hard for me to add a tad more Munich Malt to my wheaties and it would darken the colour substantially.... Haha I seem to spend my time trying to make things less dark haha...  And now it seems mine was for once was too light?

... according to convention and it was nice to compare to an original.

On the other hand it does not matter that much - as you point out there is a range. 

My last run on beers has been dominated by Vienna, Munich, Maris Otter and Voyager Veloria - all more golden amber-ish than Pale...   only just got some lighter malt in so will be having a crack at some lighter coloured brews again 🙂 

And my next Hefeweizen I might go darker... am thinking even of a Weizenbock maybe... maybe a bit like the famous Vitus (haha if I can get anywhere near it that is)

image.thumb.png.83aa19818799da5484e5be6229d08031.png

Had the Vitus a while back. Smashing beer.

• Like 1

Mr Banks "triple deke" triple fruited gose.

Holy shit this was good. Pours like juice, mango is prominent, then the sour...

They just don't do big IPA's

Shame they are quite expensive. A 4 pack of this and a can of their new DDH DIPA "running  the night" .....$48

I mean they are 500ml cans, and I don't do it often...unless they bring back their raspberry gose. Wait why am I justifying myself to you guys 😁

PXL_20210218_100143299.PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL_20210218_100523182.PORTRAIT.jpg

Edited by RepSpec
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

still working my way through a mixed hawkers sixer in the work fridge for friday beer o'clock

Hawkers (Vic) Pilsner 5.0%.

not a lot to say about this one but it is one i highly recommend. looks like a beer, smells like a beer, tastes like a beer. nothing really stands out as such, just a nice balance of everything working together.

IMG_7071.thumb.jpg.6533dcef32c2d2e4e0e9de111992d96b.jpg

• Like 5

47 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

This is what happens when you run out of kegs

... oh dear @Pale Man PM if only you were a bit closer mate you would be welcome to pop around and collect a growler or two to keep you going mate 🙂

I guess at least it is not Gt Nthnswilllage mate....   and VB ABV is back up to 4.9% at least too.

If I ever went to the little local in recent years the same Very Bad was all I could bear to wrap me laughing gear around ; )

[And only in Happy Hour]

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Pale Man said:

I know I know. I don't mind a VB. Rather that than any other mega swill. I'm kegging as we speak and AG going down Monday.

@Graubart GB I'd kill for one of your beers right now.

Hey @Pale Man PM it sounds like you are well on track taking most swift and incisive corrective action to remedy the dire situation 🙃

And yes mate... if you were within cooee (although I meself am having a little time off the grogs) there would be a somewhat limited Brewery product range available:

Alt, Hibiscus Vienna and Rye on tap, with a few HWs in bottles, which might assist in quelling a hard-earned thirst with real beer 😜

But am conscientiously working on bringing back the Graubartigebräu inventory to full capacity for some post-Easter festivities 🥳

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, CLASSIC said:

As much as I hate that stuff I have seen so many loyal to it in my travels. Not many Crow Eaters I know drink it, but you don's see Mexicans drinking West End either.

Damn I meant so say our friends across the border !

i knew what ya meant..

i agree you don't...  infact i wouldnt drink vb  if some one paid me millions for doing it but thats just me

i was brought up on Cascade Bitter then changed to melbourne bitter  just couldnt handle vb

west end draught well i didnt mind that  when i never brewed  but when i found coopers it was like finding the mothers milk  back then 
now much better beer then them all

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, CLASSIC said:

Plain old Coopers Pale Ale recipe - day 14 - busting to try one as I added the Morgan's Pride of Ringwood Hops. This to me even green is exactly was I was looking for - freshness !!

Lovely lovely @CLASSIC

Let us know how it changes with a bit more time too please Phil can you?

3 hours ago, Graubart said:

Lovely lovely @CLASSIC

Let us know how it changes with a bit more time too please Phil can you?

@Graubart  I will, I look at your wheat beers in awe, especially like the back drops in your great photos. They must taste great.

I had a mate around & we knocked off 2 x PET bottles & then had Coopers Pale Ale Stubbies  afterwards & he couldn't tell the difference, I could because of the hop add.

I will keep you posted Bearded One as they call you,  but I think you are really a Pirate.

Cheers

Phil

• Haha 1

another one from the mixed sixer in the work fridge for beer o'clock friday in a frosty glass 🍻

Hawkers (Vic) IPA 6.0%.

not my favourite one from the range but i don't drink IPAs so i can't really gauge how well it hits the style. a well made beer with lots of life, good head and retention and plenty of flavour, it just doesn't do it for my personal tastes though

IMG_7123.thumb.jpg.58860b42912945232bfe6d6a35203dc3.jpg

• Like 1

On 2/21/2021 at 3:25 PM, ozdevil said:

i was brought up on Cascade Bitter then changed to melbourne bitter  

Both the red cans cascade bitter is technically a pale lager style but still very nice. I prefer the blue boys good old original lager damm that's a nice beer. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jamiek86 said:

Both the red cans cascade bitter is technically a pale lager style but still very nice. I prefer the blue boys good old original lager damm that's a nice beer. 

my old man used to drink the blue boy   . yes it was a nice drop   , i just prefered the bitter at that time of my life.. 

• Like 1