Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

The first of a recent order from Beer Cartel, because they had free postage.  Yep, I am a cheap-skate.

I ordered this one because these guys make great beers.

Akasha Brewing - Little Smith IPA.

Nice fruity aroma.  A little down for an IPA, but it is trying to balance the lower ABV (3.5%).  Still very pleasant.

Flavour is much more like an IPA than say an XPA.  But without the ABV.  Nice work team.

IMG_2161.JPG.62bd1e399121d3e20472717cc59b2ad8.JPG

• Like 4

I bought a case of this over the Christmas holidays, along with the Canada Bay XPA.

The Little Smith is great. If you expect it to be like a full strength IPA then you will be disappointed but it is one of the better mid-strength IPAs out there.

Throw a few down and get great flavour but it doesn’t knock you about.

• Like 1

On 1/23/2021 at 4:16 PM, Hairy said:

It was yesterday’s tasting but there was a visit to Wicked Elf and Moorebeer in Port Macquarie.

Great beers and great venues. About a 20 second walk between the two. Google maps said 46 seconds but I smashed it.

929FC5C0-0092-4AC7-9705-90D3BD3B7FD3.thumb.jpeg.47a8ae8d0290e7d110af19cff3e193e2.jpeg

12F017BC-E4E8-4205-B34F-680E96DB1C44.thumb.jpeg.88d883c0748d498ad00051cf64d94a6c.jpeg

No wonder you smashed it Hairy.  Getting around Port Mac in your loungerie as you do, (I refer to your post in the “show us your lacing thread”) is it any wonder you had to move fast.

Also great how those beers hang off the wall without spilling.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Hey Stickers, dosen't sound terribly exciting by your review, but I guess a beer is better than no beer !!

I love craft beer but I have encountered some shockers, as we all would have, beer is simple although I do like variations, they shouldn't mess with it too much.

I am having a Coopers Pale Ale limited edition 440ml - carton 24 for $49.95 good value, Cheers Phil.

108563.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tone boy said:

Nice euro lager. Plenty of flavour. Worth a shot I reckon

Yes mate not a bad drop.  Used to come in bottles too.  Also do Bitburger Drive... Zero one of the best zero Alc beers there is I reckon - if you are driving or having a rest off the alco. Cheers 

• Thanks 1