Coopers Community

What are you drinking in 2023?

Aussiekraut

24 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Update on the doomed AG brew - American Pale Ale, this is the one that I had dramas with on brew day & 14 days later I thought it was a tipper or even worse infected.

I am happy to report after 6 days in the keg at 10psi it is not full carbonated but actually tastes really nice, it remains to be seen if it will stay that way given the treatment it was given due to my faux pas.

There are no off flavors or anything bad about it. I may have dodged a bullet here.

I am hoping it will improve until I start my next All Grain Brew.

20230504_161341.thumb.jpg.f38ab2e2549b8c26db3c9706bb918638.jpg

3rd pour is telling me this is a nice beer. AG is the best - just get it right.

20230504_163925.thumb.jpg.7050c57b211d31140d48d7aa60697d44.jpg

• Like 8

23 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

3rd pour is telling me this is a nice beer. AG is the best - just get it right.

20230504_163925.thumb.jpg.7050c57b211d31140d48d7aa60697d44.jpg

And to think that you contemplated chucking it - twice!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, kmar92 said:

And to think that you contemplated chucking it - twice!!

I know but if it wasn't for yourself, Hoppy & Shamus guiding me through this AG adventure I may well could have.

So, thanks guys it just goes to show what a tight knit friendly community we have here.

Cheers

Phil

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

As is so often the case, nicely presented in a "beer-clean" glass.  😂

To be fair though, I think the bubbles clinging to the side of the glass are quite photogenic.   

I'm down to the last few bottles of this Wakatu Golden ale...  a nice Summer brew that never actually go drunk in anything remotely resembling a Summer.  It's barely stopped raining here since before Xmas! 

🌧️ ☔

IMG20230505164237~2.jpg

• Like 13

3 hours ago, BlackSands said:

As is so often the case, nicely presented in a "beer-clean" glass.  😂

To be fair though, I think the bubbles clinging to the side of the glass are quite photogenic.   

I'm down to the last few bottles of this Wakatu Golden ale...  a nice Summer brew that never actually go drunk in anything remotely resembling a Summer.  It's barely stopped raining here since before Xmas! 

🌧️ ☔

IMG20230505164237~2.jpg

Looks a lovely beer Sands, yes the bubbles are sticking but with a pale coloured and clear beer makes it look good. That head is a tell-tale, nice and fluffy. Nice work, have a few hours off!!!

• Like 3

High Flying Sabro American Pale Ale - FWK from Beermonster Brewery (LHBS). 5.8%, after 3 months in the bottle it's a different beer, hard to describe as I haven't had a beer like this before. Very light on the malt taste, but very full bodied. The hops shine on this one, giving a woodsy sort of taste with not too much bittering on the backend. The brew is not crystal clear, but there is no yeast in there after 3 months which leads me to believe it was made with some wheat. A very different brew, I can't compare it to any commercial beer on the market. I like this brew!

IMG_0161.thumb.JPG.73b9c77511f605a987a00b3a49ade140.JPG

• Like 13

First try of the Eclipse Galaxy Aus Pale Ale after 16 days in the bottle. Pretty full on being quite new, the pine from the eclipse is noticeable but the Galaxy has the center stage I think. Hopefully with a couple more weeks it’ll mature better and even out. A tad more bitter than I planned due to accidentally boiling the hops I meant to steep haha but overall great mouthfeel and carbonation, nice PA colour and will clear a bit as it’s stored longer and in the fridge. Definitely one to try again and improve the technique again. Keen to hear how @Shamus O'Seans version comes out too!

554AC1E2-8DDA-4C16-9165-B117CB11A99F.jpeg

• Like 13

I'm currently enjoying my brew of Coopers Brew A IPA. Despite lack of head it still has OK carbonation and a yummy quite 'rich', but still dry and a bit hoppy taste. I am trying the Coopers XP as my 'supplementary' beer. It is not as strong as I expected, but I won't say anything else, as I criticized the James Squire Hop Thief which I now like a lot!

My husband opened the first bottle of his latest brew last night - a WW draught with dextrose.....and a 12g bag of Galaxy steeped and added at mixing time. He liked it a lot. Next he's going to try BE2 instead of dextrose! His supplementary beers are cans of Tooheys New.

We are enjoying our brewing adventure. Brew No. 22 will be in the fermenter very soon.

Brew A IPA & Coopers XPA.jpg

Edited by jennyss
  • Like 15

10 hours ago, jennyss said:

I'm currently enjoying my brew of Coopers Brew A IPA. Despite lack of head it still has OK carbonation and a yummy quite 'rich', but still dry and a bit hoppy taste. I am trying the Coopers XP as my 'supplementary' beer. It is not as strong as I expected, but I won't say anything else, as I criticized the James Squire Hop Thief which I now like a lot!

My husband opened the first bottle of his latest brew last night - a WW draught with dextrose.....and a 12g bag of Galaxy steeped and added at mixing time. He liked it a lot. Next he's going to try BE2 instead of dextrose! His supplementary beers are cans of Tooheys New.

We are enjoying our brewing adventure. Brew No. 22 will be in the fermenter very soon.

Brew A IPA & Coopers XPA.jpg

Looks very tasty @jennyss  , nothing wrong with the head on that. Looks like it will last the distance of the beer.

• Like 3

ostensibly the exact same fwk and nottingham yeast as my last beer but this time i dry hopped with 70g of amarillo and the flavour is different to when i used the zamba hop

IMG_0633.thumb.jpg.28c384df7c12e3ca15736b92be7f70bc.jpg

i've used amarillo a bit but struggle to describe it, doesn't have a tropical twang like the zamba or a citrus quenchy like cascade but i do like it a lot

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, Stickers said:

ostensibly the exact same fwk and nottingham yeast as my last beer but this time i dry hopped with 70g of amarillo and the flavour is different to when i used the zamba hop

IMG_0633.thumb.jpg.28c384df7c12e3ca15736b92be7f70bc.jpg

i've used amarillo a bit but struggle to describe it, doesn't have a tropical twang like the zamba or a citrus quenchy like cascade but i do like it a lot

Are you doing FLASHes? Fwk pLus A Single dry Hop.

Just now, Kegory said:

Are you doing FLASHes? Fwk pLus A Single dry Hop.

not intentionally but it is helping narrow down the flavours a bit just using the one. i stockpiled on hops earlier in the year and have some overhang from last year so it's more an 'aha what's in the stockpile' decision when using an FWK and saves me using the scales too.

• Like 2

The AG brew from a week ago is really nice now so I have to get the next one on ASAP, such a nice clean taste, better than any k & k I have done in the past. Not having to worry about sugar or carb drops & bottling, then waiting for 2-4 weeks to try it is a real bonus.

Make it, cube it, ferment it & keg it - then drink it without all of the waiting, works for me.

20230510_171425.jpg

• Like 10

After a few Pales, it was time to try a Dark

My version of Coopers SMOTY Ale

Tried one about a month ago, but it needed more time, it's better, will leave it longer.

Very smooth to drink, I think this will be good by winter.

IMG_20230509_200453.thumb.jpg.ba5d7667ecbdd746e72bd165b71b2a51.jpg

• Like 10

21 minutes ago, DavidM said:

After a few Pales, it was time to try a Dark

My version of Coopers SMOTY Ale

Tried one about a month ago, but it needed more time, it's better, will leave it longer.

Very smooth to drink, I think this will be good by winter.

IMG_20230509_200453.thumb.jpg.ba5d7667ecbdd746e72bd165b71b2a51.jpg

Yeah, did one of those before, it was really nice

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stquinto said:

Coopers Vintage 22. My oh my! About 8 months in the bottle… 

Wow!

IMG_8763.jpeg

Wow, alright.

I've never actually tasted a Coopers Vintage. Up until very recently when I started browsing through the Recipes section I didn't know that it was a different beer every year. All those beers I've missed out on 😢 I guess I'll just have to brew some for myself now.

• Like 2