Coopers Community

What are you drinking in 2023?

Aussiekraut

17 minutes ago, Uhtred Of Beddanburg said:

yes you would not even know was from a bottle unless knew his regular posting looking good.

You had some good ones going last year then dropped off posting?  like the guiness been on it myself we both in southern hemisphere I get ya drift etc.

@Tone boydespite what others say I think cold crashed beers can take longer and more sugar levels to carbonate in the bottle. Depending where you live and temperature stored for the averages of course 

Cheers matey i did stop posting for a few months last year. Took a break from brewing and drinking too. I actually live in South Africa, so coopers is not easily accessible here and the Home brew scene is a lot smaller I would reckon. Yes love the Guinness goes down too well i reckon if i lived in Ireland and close to a good pub i would have a problem😅😂

Edited by Pints
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, Pints said:

Cheers matey i did stop posting for a few months last year. Took a break from brewing and drinking too. I actually live in South Africa, so coopers is not easily accessible here and the Home brew scene is a lot smaller I would reckon. Yes love the Guinness goes down too well i reckon if i lived in Ireland and close to a good pub i would have a problem😅😂

Good for you mate and glad to see you back. Having come back from a trip to Oireland (SWMBO hails from there) I can confirm that there’s bugger all else to do apart from try out Guinness when the weather is particularly beastly. Unless you overdo the oysters 🤣

Lovely place, lovely people, but only The Fool goes to Ireland without an umbrella.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, stquinto said:

Good for you mate and glad to see you back. Having come back from a trip to Oireland (SWMBO hails from there) I can confirm that there’s bugger all else to do apart from try out Guinness when the weather is particularly beastly. Unless you overdo the oysters 🤣

Lovely place, lovely people, but only The Fool goes to Ireland without an umbrella.

Thanks Sainter. Glad u had a good trip matey

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Coopers Bootmaker Ale

I consumed most of the batch in the first 6 weeks or so. (after it was ready)

Put two aside, now seemed a good time.. Two and a half months in the bottle..

Note to Self: If I plan to put a few aside, which I don't, I must lower the sugar at bottling time!

This one had an Ice Cream Head but one big gulp and it's good to Go!

Yes, it taste's as good as it Look's

IMG_20230426_160024.thumb.jpg.c7d1e07f82c368e8f45d3807b8f0d783.jpg

• Like 15

22 hours ago, DavidM said:

Coopers Bootmaker Ale

I consumed most of the batch in the first 6 weeks or so. (after it was ready)

Put two aside, now seemed a good time.. Two and a half months in the bottle..

Note to Self: If I plan to put a few aside, which I don't, I must lower the sugar at bottling time!

This one had an Ice Cream Head but one big gulp and it's good to Go!

Yes, it taste's as good as it Look's

IMG_20230426_160024.thumb.jpg.c7d1e07f82c368e8f45d3807b8f0d783.jpg

Does look very tasty fella.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tone boy said:

You’ve got the best lair!

Cheers mate, it’s true you can get a bit too, ahem, comfortable …

In the Dungeon no-one can hear you scream….. or in my case, the cranked-up vinyls 😜

Edited by stquinto
Typo
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, stquinto said:

In the Dungeon no-one can hear you scream

You haven't shown us all a Pic of where you hang upside down..

I'd hate to stumble near that "lamp shade"

• Haha 3

25 minutes ago, DavidM said:

You haven't shown us all a Pic of where you hang upside down..

Don’t be silly - he doesn’t hang upside down!

He sleeps in a coffin like normal people.

Just jokes Sainter 🥳

• Haha 5

15 minutes ago, Stickers said:

IMG_0610.thumb.jpg.123d58287b2dbf1cef0812948857bbd8.jpg

kegland ipa fwk, nottingham yeast and a 80g dry hop of Zamba (first time i've used it). very happy with it too.

Looks good mate. Did you do anything different from your last FWK IPA?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kegory said:

Looks good mate. Did you do anything different from your last FWK IPA?

the only thing different about this one is that i finally started a batch before the Demons played in the AFL and we didn't lose. Normally if I make beer on the same day as a game...

The Zamba hops are new though and i've never thrown in 80g before but i now think i'll do larger dry hops in these FWKs. My untrained palate says kind of cantaloupe aroma going on and the taste is full.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Stickers said:

the only thing different about this one is that i finally started a batch before the Demons played in the AFL and we didn't lose. Normally if I make beer on the same day as a game...

The Zamba hops are new though and i've never thrown in 80g before but i now think i'll do larger dry hops in these FWKs. My untrained palate says kind of cantaloupe aroma going on and the taste is full.

Cantaloupe? Intriguing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jennyss said:

It's pink!

I think that might have been the Late evening sun shining on the Glass

Inside it was Black but not as black as a Stout.

It was very nice to drink!

• Like 3

Update on the doomed AG brew - American Pale Ale, this is the one that I had dramas with on brew day & 14 days later I thought it was a tipper or even worse infected.

I am happy to report after 6 days in the keg at 10psi it is not full carbonated but actually tastes really nice, it remains to be seen if it will stay that way given the treatment it was given due to my faux pas.

There are no off flavors or anything bad about it. I may have dodged a bullet here.

I am hoping it will improve until I start my next All Grain Brew.

20230504_161341.thumb.jpg.f38ab2e2549b8c26db3c9706bb918638.jpg

• Like 8