Coopers Community

What are you drinking in 2023?

Aussiekraut

All Grain Hefeweizen two days I think in the keg. It's really delicious and a tasty beer. But not doing me any favours using Saaz hops. Saaz is singing in this beer and it shouldn't be. But I guess I got what I paid for.

It was something I had to try but it doesn't work for me. I'll go back to noble hopping again.

IMG_20231230_170433.jpg

• Like 7

56 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

All Grain Hefeweizen two days I think in the keg. It's really delicious and a tasty beer. But not doing me any favours using Saaz hops. Saaz is singing in this beer and it shouldn't be. But I guess I got what I paid for.

It was something I had to try but it doesn't work for me. I'll go back to noble hopping again.

IMG_20231230_170433.jpg

Looks the goods

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Hoppy81 said:

Looks the goods

Its actually one of those Aussie summer wheat beers Hops. I thought I'd give it a crack. Its bloody a beautiful nice wheat beer. But not to my taste. Its very zingy and that. It would please a lot of people that wouldnt know what a German Wheat Beer is. Its a good wheat beer but not up to my style.

I'd brew it again for different reasons. But I'll go back to using noble German hops for this style.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Pale Man said:

@Pale Man, Paley, I'm really interested in your thoughts about noble hopping - a quick google search states there are 4 different hop variety's which come under the banner of Noble - mostly used in German wheat beers. Is Mr Google correct with this info or have I got that all a%#e about? I've got 2 lots of Thomas Coopers Preacher hefe kits left and was keen to try a dry hop with both of them. Any suggestions much appreciated mate. Cheers!

https://lounge.untappd.com/the-complete-guide-to-noble-hops

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tricky Micky said:

@Pale Man, Paley, I'm really interested in your thoughts about noble hopping - a quick google search states there are 4 different hop variety's which come under the banner of Noble - mostly used in German wheat beers. Is Mr Google correct with this info or have I got that all a%#e about? I've got 2 lots of Thomas Coopers Preacher hefe kits left and was keen to try a dry hop with both of them. Any suggestions much appreciated mate. Cheers!

https://lounge.untappd.com/the-complete-guide-to-noble-hops

I didn't think Saaz came under that category but obviously does. As for wheat beers my absolute favourite is Hallatauer Mittelfruer. Perfect hop I think for wheat beers. Try a dry hop or even a late addition with that

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

I didn't think Saaz came under that category but obviously does. As for wheat beers my absolute favourite is Hallatauer Mittelfruer. Perfect hop I think for wheat beers. Try a dry hop or even a late addition with that

Thanks Paley mate - I'll give that a whirl, one with a dry hop and the other with a late addition and see how they compare. Cheers mate. Also Paley, what yeast are you using to ferment with? I've been using Munich Classic in the past.

Edited by Tricky Micky
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Tricky Micky said:

Thanks Paley mate - I'll give that a whirl, one with a dry hop and the other with a late addition and see how they compare. Cheers mate. Also Paley, what yeast are you using to ferment with? I've been using Munich Classic in the past.

Yep the Lallemand Munich Classic is a great yeast. Thats what I use.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Pale Man said:

Are you lot still in 2023?

1 hour ago, Aussiekraut said:

I think Switzerland is like Austria. 100 years behind 🙂 It's where I'd go if the world would end tomorrow 🙂 

I assume there's a new thread then... Doh !

Yeah, we're a bit behind here.... Only let the ladies get the vote in 1971

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1971_Swiss_women's_suffrage_referendum#:~:text=A referendum on the introduction,65.7% voted for the introduction.

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Uhtred Of Beddanburg said:

Yeah mate many good countries made that mistake. Along with letting them drive 😉

Better save my skin and say I appreciate it when SWMBO drives me home when I'm in no fit state to, wouldn't want to get cancelled so early in the year...😵‍💫

• Haha 2