Coopers Community

What are you drinking in 2023?

Aussiekraut

This is my version of the Duvel clone as shared by @stquinto.  I used Kveik Voss with this one, and it turned out nothing like the real thing! 😂. It came out hazy even after quite some time in the bottle, high carbonation, citrus esters from the yeast with the 'earthy' taste of saaz in the background. I say earthy because that is the effect the fruitiness has on the hops in this brew. Head retention is pretty good as I used 7kg of malt for this brew. At 8.5%, not really sessionable (for me) but delicious nonetheless. It has inspired me to modify the recipe using oats and other hops such as galaxy to produce a nice hazy ipa for the remainder of summer. All in all not bad, but it is missing something - HOPS!

1.thumb.jpg.0e0b2e3b7badbc1eef8598c423539c52.jpg

Not bin worthy, but I wanted to get some sunshine on it to show you guys what I mean. I don't have a scenic fence post at my place 😂

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

This is my Coopers Cerveza with grapefruit juice.

It's a nice refreshing beer for the summer.

This is the third grapefruit inspired beers I've made. Previously I've used a mixture of fresh grapefruit & juice.

I must say despite only using three litres of grapefruit it does have a very nice flavour.

IMG20231228180920.jpg

• Like 9

15 hours ago, Cheap Charlie said:

This is my version of the Duvel clone as shared by @stquinto.  I used Kveik Voss with this one, and it turned out nothing like the real thing! 😂. It came out hazy even after quite some time in the bottle, high carbonation, citrus esters from the yeast with the 'earthy' taste of saaz in the background. I say earthy because that is the effect the fruitiness has on the hops in this brew. Head retention is pretty good as I used 7kg of malt for this brew. At 8.5%, not really sessionable (for me) but delicious nonetheless. It has inspired me to modify the recipe using oats and other hops such as galaxy to produce a nice hazy ipa for the remainder of summer. All in all not bad, but it is missing something - HOPS!

1.thumb.jpg.0e0b2e3b7badbc1eef8598c423539c52.jpg

Not bin worthy, but I wanted to get some sunshine on it to show you guys what I mean. I don't have a scenic fence post at my place 😂

Looks mighty fine to me 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Aussiekraut said:

Irish Red made from an FWK I bought at the LHBS. Quite tasty but a little dark. It reminds me of the Nut Brown I make. Maybe I should do a side by side to compare them.

IMG_9736.thumb.jpeg.dbc57613b087cc1fdeccb6d94a1c9faf.jpeg

Is it red with a torch shining through it?

• Like 1

This kegging caper really is the biz, I could not imagine ever going back to bottling, I  had to shut down the tap on the 4- way manifold last night to bang up the psi to give the new Pale Ale a hurry up & I wanted a few out of the tap of the other.

I would have normally gone through the normal process of reducing the psi. etc to get a normal pour but I just grabbed a jug, gritted my teeth & poured,  a little fierce at 20psi but after putting some in the jug, I decided to pour a glass.

Wow, I got a refreshing zing from the first sip & it seems the bitterness has stepped up.

I am impressed, so I imagine the gas is responsible for that. 

20231229_154439.thumb.jpg.3684f88b04f012ed5128442f4f26e49a.jpg

• Like 7

On 12/23/2023 at 11:08 AM, Tricky Micky said:

Thomas Coopers Preachers Hefe extract recipe - Day 3 in the keg, unbelievably drinkable even at this early stage.  I think this will even be ready for a try out Xmas day. 🍺😀🥳 

I apologise for the dirty glassware - @Classic Brewing Co 🤭

401278762_1509523782942722_4398806056657312995_n.jpg

Tricky, a little tip, when you have poured if you bang the bottom of your glass on the bar, preferably on something like a Bar Mat the bubbles will just disappear & you will get a better-looking shot of the head before the shot.

Try it, it works.

In the meantime - clean yer bloody glasses 🤣 the right way. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

This kegging caper really is the biz, I could not imagine ever going back to bottling, I  had to shut down the tap on the 4- way manifold last night to bang up the psi to give the new Pale Ale a hurry up & I wanted a few out of the tap of the other.

I would have normally gone through the normal process of reducing the psi. etc to get a normal pour but I just grabbed a jug, gritted my teeth & poured,  a little fierce at 20psi but after putting some in the jug, I decided to pour a glass.

Wow, I got a refreshing zing from the first sip & it seems the bitterness has stepped up.

I am impressed, so I imagine the gas is responsible for that. 

20231229_154439.thumb.jpg.3684f88b04f012ed5128442f4f26e49a.jpg

Nice looking beer Philster.

• Thanks 1

So I did this side by side with the Irish Red from the FWK and my Nut Brown Ale. The result is quite interesting.

IMG_9737.thumb.jpeg.028619b52412adc66d323257116e4aaa.jpeg

Brown is left and Red is on the right. No, not a mistake.

Brown: 

IMG_9741.thumb.jpeg.0f04f73c85e09198db6c89ad669c1e86.jpeg

Red:

IMG_9740.thumb.jpeg.23de0d68f4e50df327fd535717596ec0.jpeg

My Brown ale is redder than the Red ale. To be fair, the Irish Red has only been I. The keg for little over 2 weeks and will probably clear a little more but the difference is striking. 

Taste wise, both are quite sweet and malty. The Red is a little lighter in taste, less bitter as I would have expected. There are some light chocolate, coffee and caramel notes in the Brown ale. Both are tasty beers but probably not the greatest choice for the current weather. Neither is a good thirst quencher but the red is a little more suitable.

• Like 10

11 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Cheers mate. it really does taste good, a real AG brewed beer, straight out of the keg also dishwasher, bleach free. 🤣

Bleach free beer is the best. Brew professionally, taste professional beers. Its that simple.

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Aussiekraut said:

So I did this side by side with the Irish Red from the FWK and my Nut Brown Ale. The result is quite interesting.

IMG_9737.thumb.jpeg.028619b52412adc66d323257116e4aaa.jpeg

Brown is left and Red is on the right. No, not a mistake.

Brown: 

IMG_9741.thumb.jpeg.0f04f73c85e09198db6c89ad669c1e86.jpeg

Red:

IMG_9740.thumb.jpeg.23de0d68f4e50df327fd535717596ec0.jpeg

My Brown ale is redder than the Red ale. To be fair, the Irish Red has only been I. The keg for little over 2 weeks and will probably clear a little more but the difference is striking. 

Taste wise, both are quite sweet and malty. The Red is a little lighter in taste, less bitter as I would have expected. There are some light chocolate, coffee and caramel notes in the Brown ale. Both are tasty beers but probably not the greatest choice for the current weather. Neither is a good thirst quencher but the red is a little more suitable.

Lovely looking beers AK.

• Like 1

Hey Brew Dudes,

I am on an FWK West Coast IPA, I have been cheating quite a while with these fresh wort kits nad normal do a hop boil to add to the mix, This time I didn't I just Dry hopped 50g of Centennial and I have to admit that this one is my best Fresh Wort Kit yet. Up until this point I'd say that a tricked up Coopers Can gives most a run for their money.

Cheers & Beers

Scottie

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Scottie said:

Hey Brew Dudes,

I am on an FWK West Coast IPA, I have been cheating quite a while with these fresh wort kits nad normal do a hop boil to add to the mix, This time I didn't I just Dry hopped 50g of Centennial and I have to admit that this one is my best Fresh Wort Kit yet. Up until this point I'd say that a tricked up Coopers Can gives most a run for their money.

Cheers & Beers

Scottie

Hey Scottie, good to see you back here. Been a while.

FWK's are almost as good as brewing your own AG. They are so easy, and really end up tasty beers. Just as cheap as putting any home brew together.

Keep brewing and posting.

• Like 1

Goodna Mid Pale Ale. I wasn’t too sure about it in the beginning but it has matured nicely. It has beautiful fruit aromas and flavours from the Melba, Eclipse and Bavaria Mandarins hops and a good body, thanks to a high temperature mash @72C and a goodly amount of specialty malts. Coopers Premium Pale Malt, Weyermann Vienna, Weyermann Wheat, Carahell, Carapils, Caramunich II and some Melanoidin malt. I sure as hell didn’t skimp with this one and trusty old Nottingham did the heavy lifting. I pulled out all the tricks I had up my sleeve with this one and it paid. This is a very tasty beer 😀

IMG_9743.thumb.jpeg.e73d1ede7b93e131d9c9a9237773286f.jpeg

Edited by Aussiekraut
  • Like 6