Coopers Community

What are you drinking in 2023?

Aussiekraut

014, Pan Handle Caramel Cream Ale

IMG_20231219_184854770.thumb.jpg.c1decdf7e35fe9898b8bdc3534885bec.jpg

I substituted vanilla essence for the vanilla bean. A bit of googling told me 30ml of essence = 1 bean but it seems a bit much to me. 20ml would have been better, I reckon.

Here are the brewing notes:

IMG_20231219_183746432.thumb.jpg.58b4ef93755031fe4f99270e7567f6ae.jpg

• Like 10

44 minutes ago, Kegory said:

014, Pan Handle Caramel Cream Ale

IMG_20231219_184854770.thumb.jpg.c1decdf7e35fe9898b8bdc3534885bec.jpg

I substituted vanilla essence for the vanilla bean. A bit of googling told me 30ml of essence = 1 bean but it seems a bit much to me. 20ml would have been better, I reckon.

Here are the brewing notes:

IMG_20231219_183746432.thumb.jpg.58b4ef93755031fe4f99270e7567f6ae.jpg

Looks nicely carbonated kegs

• Like 3

First glass of a COPA AG recipe from @kmar92 👍

I bottled a couple of slabs for the neighbour and did a cornie for my lad, who’ll be 18 on Thursday. He can legally drink here for two years already, so has got a bit of practice in already 🤣

If I could find Australian crown caps I’d have put them on of course…

IMG_0972.jpeg

IMG_0971.jpeg

IMG_0950.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Haha 2

On 12/4/2023 at 4:59 PM, Oldbloke said:

I know a bloke who drinks that ... sh1t. Took up home brewing and tried to copy it. Not one HB came out like ... .  

I wonder why?

So, he gave up home brew.  WTF.

Hey OB et al, just a friendly reminder regarding our T&C's: Please note that as per the Advertising Standards Bureau guidelines, Coopers may be held responsible for user content posted on this community. We ask our users to please bear this mind when posting. Coopers requires, as a condition of use, that users will not post any materials that fall into any of the following categories and may immediately, without warning, remove any materials that:

b) Defame or are disparaging of, or otherwise negative towards, Coopers’ competitors.

Cheers, Frank.

On the left in my only middy drinking glass is my latest Coopers Australian Pale Ale - brewed with BE2 and 500g LDM & supplied yeast, but no hops (forgot!).  Aroma? Flavour - smoky, musty, grapefruit, nice & bitter ; Body & mouth feel - light, oily. Rated 6.5/10

On the right is a Coopers Hefe Wheat - brewed with 1.5kg LDM & supplied yeast.  Aroma? Flavour - slightly earthy, grainy, not bitter; Body & mouth feel - light, soft.  Rated 5.5/10

I swear I had a much better head for both beers on my second pour, but the photo was done.  I'm a hard marker: They're both very drinkable, but I've got to leave room for my future fantastic (extract) brews. 

20231220_164614[1].jpg

• Like 9

16 minutes ago, jennyss said:

On the left in my only middy drinking glass is my latest Coopers Australian Pale Ale - brewed with BE2 and 500g LDM & supplied yeast, but no hops (forgot!).  Aroma? Flavour - smoky, musty, grapefruit, nice & bitter ; Body & mouth feel - light, oily. Rated 6.5/10

On the right is a Coopers Hefe Wheat - brewed with 1.5kg LDM & supplied yeast.  Aroma? Flavour - slightly earthy, grainy, not bitter; Body & mouth feel - light, soft.  Rated 5.5/10

I swear I had a much better head for both beers on my second pour, but the photo was done.  I'm a hard marker: They're both very drinkable, but I've got to leave room for my future fantastic (extract) brews. 

20231220_164614[1].jpg

They look OK Jenny, sure, could have a better head but taste is more important. Have you tried chilling your glasses?

They look nice & clear anyway. I reckon you should buy some crushed grain - Carapils & steep 200gm of it in 80c water for 30 minutes & add the liquid to the fermenter before you pitch. You will need to use a muslin bag or strain it very well, it should make a difference to the head retention.

Edited by Classic Brewing Co
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, jennyss said:

20231220_164614[1].jpg

It's beer that you brewed Jenny so will taste better than commercial beer they look good nice and clear and nice colour just to make sure open another bottle 🤣

Like Phil I do partial grains as well I use 150 grams light crystal malt and 150 grams carapilis and I set the water at around 72 and when the grains go in for 30 minutes it drops to around 65 to 68 I do this in 2 litres of water and I use that to mix everything in the fermenter 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Coopers DIY Beer Team said:

Hey OB et al, just a friendly reminder regarding our T&C's: Please note that as per the Advertising Standards Bureau guidelines, Coopers may be held responsible for user content posted on this community. We ask our users to please bear this mind when posting. Coopers requires, as a condition of use, that users will not post any materials that fall into any of the following categories and may immediately, without warning, remove any materials that:

b) Defame or are disparaging of, or otherwise negative towards, Coopers’ competitors.

Cheers, Frank.

So we go around deleting people's posts now when they point something out that you can't answer? 

Why are you targeting @Oldbloke in this when he actually didn't mention the competition by name or tag the post he commented on?

Then people like classic and others can mention 2 different brands of competitors by name and bag the crap out of them without a mention. Really?

Starting to sound like some people can say what they want and others get picked on. 

You will find if read back over the postings before and after old blokes I have a valid point.

If you delete  my post again without explanation you are only proving you have double standards for the forum depending on who it is.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Uhtred Of Beddanburg said:

So we go around deleting people's posts now when they point something out that you can't answer? 

Why are you targeting @Oldbloke in this when he actually didn't mention the competition by name or tag the post he commented on?

Then people like classic and others can mention 2 different brands of competitors by name and bag the crap out of them without a mention. Really?

Starting to sound like some people can say what they want and others get picked on. 

You will find if read back over the postings before and after old blokes I have a valid point.

If you delete  my post again without explanation you are only proving you have double standards for the forum depending on who it is.

TBH I feel like I'm being attacked from every direction ATM. 

Between the local troll and mods it's all a bit much. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Oldbloke said:

TBH I feel like I'm being attacked from every direction ATM. 

Between the local troll and mods it's all a bit much. 

The outright abuse and all the free for all stuff going on here lately. Pretty much no online presence from coopers at all. 

Fair enough if are happy for us to govern ourselves. But  make up you're mind @Coopers DIY Beer Team All of a sudden the rule book comes out for someone who has not technically mentioned a competitors name or beer brand. 

Other people like @Classic Brewing Co splatter what ever nonsense or brand defemation that they want and don't get a mention. 

Others threaten face to face consequences for disagreements online and don't get a mention from coopers. 

If as a moderator Frank can't explain why some things and people are ok and others are not.  Or explain why he has a good reason for double standards 🤔 

Well we will just wait and see but I for one don't appreciate factual comments being deleted with no explanation. In the too hard basket coopers?

• Like 1