Coopers Community

What are you drinking in 2023?

Aussiekraut

23 minutes ago, Back Brewing said:

Over the bar it's fresh in the bottle shops it doesn't turn over as quickly

still doesn't explain how they keep the dry hop flavour especially in bottles and cans etc.

More talking about craft breweries here although some like Coops pale ale and Melbourne Bitter use the dry hop

29 minutes ago, Uhtred Of Beddanburg said:

@Kegory also in this you are right it hangs around in the keg longer than the bottle. But it does also start to disappear even if always kept cool.

So how do commercial brews keep the dry hop flavour? Pasteurisation?

That's a definite I don't know.

However, one commercial beer that I'm a fan of, Little Creatures Pale Ale, does, IMO, certainly go through hop fade, in the bottled version at least. It is not dry hopped, but they do have a post boil hop addition via a hop back. There is a delicate floral aroma in the fresher bottles which fades away as the bottles age.

• Like 1

Very special beer. I was cleaning up the garage and tidying up dad's stuff and found this brew in a bottle from March.

It was the last brew I'd done for dad - a Coopers extract Pale Ale. He loved that!

Had a taste - it is still magnificent - you know how they say music reminds us of our memories - I think beer does the same.

I cried while I drank this. 

This brewing caper is fantastic.! 🍺

406925341_594420339491101_8161349574568259830_n.jpg

Edited by Tricky Micky
  • Like 17

2 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

I forgot to use a whirfloc tab at the end of boil Tricky. Also a big dry hop.

13 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

All Grain Pale Ale. This beer refuses to clear up in the keg. I know why. It matters not its bloody delicious. Full of flavour.

20231222_173436.jpg

It looks like it would be nice anyway, I am not that worried about clear, especially with a Pale.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Tricky Micky said:

Very special beer. I was cleaning up the garage and tidying up dad's stuff and found this brew in a bottle from March.

It was the last brew I'd done for dad - a Coopers extract Pale Ale. He loved that!

Had a taste - it is still magnificent - you know how they say music reminds us of our memories - I think beer does the same.

Awesome find mate 🍻

• Like 3

Onya Mick. Cheers.

• Like 2

Had a taste - it is still magnificent - you know how they say music reminds us of our memories - I think does the same.

Awww bless @Tricky Micky   Youre old boy would be looking down at you so proud of your skills, also saying save me some you greedy bugger 😁

Enjoy my man.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Tricky Micky said:

Beautiful story Mick 👍

• Like 2

I set up the pumps for my son’s 18th - he had a few mates over. They went to a pub after, at least my lad didn’t chunder (but one of his mates did). The fumes in his bedroom this morning were pretty eye-watering, but people who live in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones, eh?

IMG_0987.jpeg

IMG_0986.jpeg

IMG_0985.jpeg

IMG_0980.jpeg

IMG_0983.jpeg

IMG_0982.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Haha 7

2 minutes ago, stquinto said:

I set up the pumps for my son’s 18th - he had a few mates over. They went to a pub after, at least my lad didn’t chunder (but one of his mates did). The fumes in his bedroom this morning were pretty eye-watering, but people who live in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones, eh?

IMG_0987.jpeg

IMG_0986.jpeg

IMG_0985.jpeg

IMG_0980.jpeg

IMG_0983.jpeg

IMG_0982.jpeg

Youre a good Dad.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, stquinto said:

IMG_0987.jpeg

IMG_0986.jpeg

IMG_0985.jpeg

IMG_0980.jpeg

IMG_0983.jpeg

IMG_0982.jpeg

You're a good man Sainter. Well done sir.

• Thanks 1