Coopers Community

What are you drinking in 2023?

Aussiekraut

Whoopee, first taste of the AG Brewed Pale Ale from the new grain, everything seems to have worked, only 4 days in the keg but this beer is showing potential. 

It tastes even better when you know you have made it from scratch.

I hope it lasts until Xmas. 🤔

20231212_143552.thumb.jpg.0ea4de95e629b6ac4cf6a88f24b02aad.jpg

Edited by Classic Brewing Co
  • Like 10
  • Haha 4

23 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Whoopee, first taste of the AG Brewed Pale Ale from the new grain, everything seems to have worked, only 4 days in the keg but this beer is showing potential. 

Looks great mate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Tricky Micky said:

Looks great mate.

Cheers Mick, it taste's great too, you get a lot of satisfaction when you brew an AG brew & it turns out like this, it's a Pale Ale & I used 50gm of POR in the last 30 minutes of the boil & it tastes almost like COPA apart from maybe the bitterness.

I think next time I might increase the hops & perhaps a hopstand or maybe do 2 hop additions to try & get more bitterness.

Edited by Classic Brewing Co
  • Like 5

Just now, Classic Brewing Co said:

Cheers Mick, it taste's great to, you get a lot of satisfaction when you brew an AG brew & it turns out like this, it's a Pale Ale & I used 50gm of POR in the last 30 minutes of the boil & it tastes almost like COPA apart from maybe the bitterness.

I think next time I might increase the hops & perhaps a hopstand or maybe do 2 hop additions to try & get more bitterness.

Yeah, Couldn't believe how beautiful Al's COPA recipe tasted. So smooth and just the right amount of hop flavour and aroma for a really nice PA. Only issue was - it was gonski way too quick. 😂

In the new year I'm going to get back into the AG brewing again - hopefully with a new bit of Kit - fingers crossed. 🍻

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Tricky Micky said:

Yeah, Couldn't believe how beautiful Al's COPA recipe tasted. So smooth and just the right amount of hop flavour and aroma for a really nice PA. Only issue was - it was gonski way too quick. 😂

In the new year I'm going to get back into the AG brewing again - hopefully with a new bit of Kit - fingers crossed. 🍻

Yeah, AG is the only way to go for a complete beer, I brewed extract for years & later with additions, but I reached a plateau where I felt I could take it no further, so I ventured into AG.

I find kegging is the icing on the cake.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Tricky Micky said:

All the best with that mate, I find the BrewZilla to be the most affordable in AIO brewing & for now the Gen3 is enough for me ATM, but I am thinking the 65l Gen4 would be on the cards next year. 

• Like 2

On 12/12/2023 at 2:42 PM, Classic Brewing Co said:

Looks awesome Phil

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

A nice cold Märzen. A beer right down my alley. Malty, sweet with moderate bitterness and a clean finish. I never really paid too much attention to the style until I brewed a batch for s&gs. Now it is becoming a bit of a staple in the kegerator. I have to finish the keg because the next one is waiting 😀 

IMG_9682.thumb.jpeg.96e8937cc1eff334a61343d452c169b4.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Aussiekraut said:

A nice cold Märzen. A beer right down my alley. Malty, sweet with moderate bitterness and a clean finish. I never really paid too much attention to the style until I brewed a batch for s&gs. Now it is becoming a bit of a staple in the kegerator. I have to finish the keg because the next one is waiting 😀 

IMG_9682.thumb.jpeg.96e8937cc1eff334a61343d452c169b4.jpeg

Beautiful clear looking beer AK.

• Like 1

My all grain APA. Probably turned into an IPA. But only 5 days in the keg. Brewed with Gladfield Ale, Weyerman Wheat and Gladfield Gladiator malts. Citra, Superdelic and Cascade hops. It's bloody good. Very tasty. As I said more in the IPA, NEIPA territory. Sort of can't believe I brewed this.

20231214_174032.jpg

• Like 12

5 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

My all grain APA. Probably turned into an IPA. But only 5 days in the keg. Brewed with Gladfield Ale, Weyerman Wheat and Gladfield Gladiator malts. Citra, Superdelic and Cascade hops. It's bloody good. Very tasty. As I said more in the IPA, NEIPA territory. Sort of can't believe I brewed this.

20231214_174032.jpg

Looks Superb Paley. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pale Man said:

20231214_174032.jpg

That's bloody good for only 5 days

You obviously force carbonated it?

10 minutes ago, Back Brewing said:

That's bloody good for only 5 days

You obviously force carbonated it?

No...... been on 12 psi since first kegged. I'm not a fan of force carbing, you tend to lose control.

I put the head and retention down to the Gladfield Gladiator and a bit of Wheat, also the hops.

If you haven't tried Gladfield Gladiator Malt, ask @Hoppy81 about it. Its a really good addition for head retention. I think better than the talked about Carapils that is the usual used.

https://threechinsbrewing.com.au/collections/grain/products/gladfield-gladiator-malt

• Like 3

Just now, Pale Man said:

Nice. Are you going to keg your beers in?

U mean after i drink it put my home brew in it like hoppy? I might keep one after drinking one day. The publican is expecting it back after I empty it. 

I'm worried about tapping it too close to Xmas so maybe mid next week after finish off my Japanese Lager. The font doesn't seem to get as cold after the rebuild but still working.

5 minutes ago, Uhtred Of Beddanburg said:

U mean after i drink it put my home brew in it like hoppy? I might keep one after drinking one day. The publican is expecting it back after I empty it. 

I'm worried about tapping it too close to Xmas so maybe mid next week after finish off my Japanese Lager. The font doesn't seem to get as cold after the rebuild but still working.

You obviously have all the correct tapping tools for that keg or you wouldnt be doing it. I've thought of doing the same thing with a 50 litre of VB and chucking it in my keg fridge. Just need to know how to tap in properly.

3 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

You obviously have all the correct tapping tools for that keg or you wouldnt be doing it. I've thought of doing the same thing with a 50 litre of VB and chucking it in my keg fridge. Just need to know how to tap in properly.

Yes after doing some research bought a type d connection with liquid elbow joint to help with the height in keggerator.

Watched a you tube video but still anxious about if going right with a 50 litre keg I paid $414 dollars for

20231214_204436.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1