Coopers Community

What are you drinking in 2023?

Aussiekraut

11 hours ago, Pale Man said:

Nothing wrong with the FWKs these days fella, even for an All Grain brewer. More often than not a delicious beer.

mate absolutely correct nothing  wrong in these quick and easy.      to do  only 10minutes work  lol  great to get some beer on tap.

i was going to brew today   but the weather outside tells me to stay in doors  and the wife  dont like me doing all grain in the house ..
well   she does if i am supervised so i dont mess her kitchen up.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, John304 said:

I know most people don’t like great northern but I thought I would give it a crack, mine on the left, only thing is mine has a slight bitter after taste which I have since adjusted 

IMG_1962.jpeg

I can't say I'm a fan of Great Northern but contrary to your comment there must be plenty of people that do. I think it's one of the best selling beers in Australia now.
That aside, I'm interested to know how you knocked out the bitter aftertaste, John.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Malter White said:

I can't say I'm a fan of Great Northern but contrary to your comment there must be plenty of people that do. I think it's one of the best selling beers in Australia now.
That aside, I'm interested to know how you knocked out the bitter aftertaste, John.

Malter, I use beersmith, simply reduced the bitterness which adjusts the 60 min add plus the 10 minute add👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Malter White said:

Sales figures are not a sign of quality

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 12/4/2023 at 4:59 PM, Oldbloke said:

I know a bloke who drinks that  sh1t. Took up home brewing and tried to copy it. Not one HB came out like .  

I wonder why?

So, he gave up home brew.  WTF.

I mainly did it for my daughter’s partner to see how close I could get, i mainly do English browns, reds and pilsnersand clones

• Like 1

First tasting of a Duvel clone that I’d dry-hopped with 100g of whole Citra hops. Or Cascade. Academic really, I can’t taste them 🤨

Anyway, kegged on 20/11, only been on the gas for about 3 days (@ about 16 PSI). Ok, nothing special, it is a bit sweet ( I had mentioned this in another thread).

Probably fine for one or two, but at over 8.5% it was never going to be a session beer. Unless you were aiming for a very short session, and an early bath 😵‍💫

At least it’s clear

IMG_0777.jpeg

IMG_0778.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Haha 4

Just could not resist and had to have a sneaky preview of my AG Altbier. Only seven days in the bottle it is perfectly carbonated. As I had my last Altbier about 40 years ago I can’t compare it to anything. As a beer itself it is really nice already. Malty sweet and slightly bitter. Will have one later on to see its progress after 9 days, ha ha. One difference I noticed in all my 4 AG brews so far is the smoothness and lack of certain bitterness. I tend to compare it to freshly squeezed Orange juice and juice from concentrate. Love my AG Brewing.

IMG_8538.jpeg

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Brauhaus Fritz said:

Just could not resist and had to have a sneaky preview of my AG Altbier. Only seven days in the bottle it is perfectly carbonated. As I had my last Altbier about 40 years ago I can’t compare it to anything. As a beer itself it is really nice already. Malty sweet and slightly bitter. Will have one later on to see its progress after 9 days, ha ha. One difference I noticed in all my 4 AG brews so far is the smoothness and lack of certain bitterness. I tend to compare it to freshly squeezed Orange juice and juice from concentrate. Love my AG Brewing.

IMG_8538.jpeg

Glad you are enjoying AG brewing, it tastes even better if you consider kegging, once you're there, you will never go back to bottling apart from the odd few.

• Like 3

On 12/3/2023 at 7:41 PM, Malter White said:

I can't say I'm a fan of that beer but contrary to your comment there must be plenty of people that do. I think it's one of the best selling beers in Australia now.

I went to a concert on Monday night, walked up to the bar and asked for something mid-strength, because I had to drive. She laughed and said she had some Heaps Normal on offer. Needless to say, I drank that all night long 🙂 

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

On 12/3/2023 at 7:41 PM, Malter White said:

I can't say I'm a fan of that beer but contrary to your comment there must be plenty of people that do. I think it's one of the best selling beers in Australia now.

Popularity means nothing. Billions of flies swear turds are awesome but I wouldn't go anywhere near one 🙂 

• Haha 8