Coopers Community

What are you drinking in 2023?

Aussiekraut

42 minutes ago, Cheap Charlie said:

Morgan's pacific ale recipe, morgans pacific ale, morgans wheat malt extract can, with us-05, dry hopped with ella and galxy.. dirty batched from last brew which was the same, only difference was I added 200g steeped crystal. Bottled in January. I'm impressed, so I had to post - incredibly clean, first impressions is that of golden syrup, but not sweet. A carry over of the galaxy hops, nice clean taste. I would highly recommend this as a k&k brew. I have never had a bad brew with the Morgan's Pacific Ale kit - amazing kit 👍🏻

IMG_0124.thumb.JPG.843b02392d3cb20996f0098f382f4414.JPG

Looks great @Cheap Charlie!

Im about to do a Pacific ale too, partial mash with coopers wheat malt. How much galaxy did you chuck in late and/or dry hop?

• Like 4

Anarchy Ale KnK in the keg for 1 week with 8g polyclar. It’s not carbed as I just put it in the keezer to chill yesterday and only connected the gas to push a glass out. Wow! Amazing clarity! I’m tempted to transfer the beer to a new keg (it draws from the top as it has a floating tube) and leave the plassie stuff in the bottom of this one, as I put the polyclar into the keg before I filled it from the FV. Then again, it’s probably academic the harm it might do to me, bearing in mind the other miscellaneous poisons I’ve ingested over 5 decades…

Funnily enough the polyclar had a sell-by date 🤔

07DCCD5C-AAA4-48A9-9142-93FB0E93E6A2.jpeg

FA963F1A-8674-4443-B64C-7DEC232A16AE.jpeg

BF6C051A-9A50-4DC2-B88A-EED71AAF6721.jpeg

Edited by stquinto
Typo
  • Like 9

On 4/15/2023 at 8:21 AM, Classic Brewing Co said:

A Saturday afternoon Stout, this one is out of one of the bottles left over from the keg. the kegged version has a strange flavour, not totally unpleasant but shouldn't be there, it is more like an aftertaste 'twang" - so far, I cannot detect it, the bottled version is better but the exact same recipe I made before it was perfect.

I am thinking it could be the beer lines need cleaning or perhaps it was the S04 yeast I used is to blame, both batches were exactly the same recipe & brewed at ambient temperature which was around 20-22c although at some stage I fear it may have stalled in the second batch despite being insulated.

I will give the keg one more week & if it is still there, I will tip it. Meanwhile I am still drinking the bottle.

Anyone had a similar situation?

I had the same thing Phil, with an AG Old Perc clone. Slight sourness, not undrinkable, but not what was expected. Disappointing really, I kegged it in September. Dunno what to do with it, probably just drink it until I need the space or the keg. My suburban avarice knows no bounds 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A Duvel AG clone, 2 months in the keg. The extra conditioning really “dries out” any residual sweetness. I reckon an extra 2 months would be great. This is a 5l overflow keg, so I reckon I’ll leave the main cornie till summer (my summer, not yours)

48450889-8FC0-4376-8C63-E732AFC07710.jpeg

345D22DF-1430-453C-883D-78AF491EA101.jpeg

• Like 13

3 hours ago, stquinto said:

I had the same thing Phil, with an AG Old Perc clone. Slight sourness, not undrinkable, but not what was expected. Disappointing really, I kegged it in September. Dunno what to do with it, probably just drink it until I need the space or the keg. My suburban avarice knows no bounds 🤣

Yeah, I don't really want to tip it but I don't think it is going to get better. There are a lot of good points & reasons in this article but identifying it is difficult. They say to add lime, I have already added beer to it & that didn't really help, my neighbour is bringing some lemonade to try, so I will see.

https://www.howtohomebrewbeers.com/2018/03/how-to-identify-off-flavors-and-smells.html#:~:text=1 Tart tastes can be caused by polyphenols,products that utilize iodine or chlorine. More items

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Tonight is first try of my Coopers Barley Crush- English Barleywine. Very malty, bitter orange marmalade and floral taste, aroma is malty and “floral”. Bottled 4 weeks, so fairly green for the style but wanted to try it. Supposed to be 9.9% but ended up around 9.5%, so it will still grow hair on your chest! I made this to toast moving into our new house, when that finally happens, so it will still have another 2-4 months probably. It’s got Challenger and East Kent Golding hops in it.

90A65FF2-BB87-430A-B663-F098DD828252.jpeg

• Like 12
  • Haha 1

On 4/19/2023 at 4:00 AM, stquinto said:

Anarchy Ale KnK in the keg for 1 week with 8g polyclar. It’s not carbed as I just put it in the keezer to chill yesterday and only connected the gas to push a glass out. Wow! Amazing clarity! I’m tempted to transfer the beer to a new keg (it draws from the top as it has a floating tube) and leave the plassie stuff in the bottom of this one, as I put the polyclar into the keg before I filled it from the FV. Then again, it’s probably academic the harm it might do to me, bearing in mind the other miscellaneous poisons I’ve ingested over 5 decades…

Funnily enough the polyclar had a sell-by date 🤔

07DCCD5C-AAA4-48A9-9142-93FB0E93E6A2.jpeg

FA963F1A-8674-4443-B64C-7DEC232A16AE.jpeg

BF6C051A-9A50-4DC2-B88A-EED71AAF6721.jpeg

Looks pretty good but did you use the Polyclar in the keg? I use it in the FV during CC. 

• Like 1

Coopers Pale Ale

Nearly finished this batch and it's been a good one.

It took me awhile to get to the photo and by the time I was organised, the head was growing out of the glass.

Gave my neighbour a couple of bottles, He loved it..

IMG_20230422_184703.thumb.jpg.94a6ff763429d63bba248ada4f7562ff.jpg

IMG_20230422_191006.thumb.jpg.1b43ac9f1c34d00bbc4163743c13339a.jpg

I might have drank that one a bit too Quickly..

• Like 11

@DavidMlove the glass I'm going to order a few my self. Drinking Guiness on tap from the local I love the new thicker glass.

The new V shape level change is good for holding as well.  Did you get yours on ebay?

BTW the brew looks good as well nice staining of the glass.

Edited by Uhtred Of Beddanburg
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Uhtred Of Beddanburg said:

@DavidMlove the glass I'm going to order a few my self. Drinking Guiness on tap from the local I love the new thicker glass.

The new V shape level change is good for holding as well.  Did you get yours on ebay?

BTW the brew looks good as well nice staining of the glass.

Yes brew was good,

Glasses came from the local golf club, on an afternoon session with five others.

We were nine rounds in when someone asked if we could take the glasses home? 

We had paid for enough.. Manager said we could buy them as he had too many.

Paid for Four, not sure how much but it was probably not cheap.

Things you do when you've Had far too many..

(Ended up with Six glasses, not sure how that happened either)

Great Afternoon!

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Uhtred Of Beddanburg said:

@DavidMI was thinking of trying to buy a couple from local as well.  

A pack of 2 on ebay is 65 or something with postage. They are quality though so probably worth it.

That's a Crazy price

but I agree, they are a good glass

• Like 3

Amber Ale, put this one away for a bit, 103 days in the bottle.

time to drink it!

It's very good, possibly better than earlier but I've had a few since then

My memory might not be as clear. (better than my current Amber)

IMG_20230423_142503.thumb.jpg.671cc088ac250141ae0a73a496f82c30.jpg

• Like 10

11 hours ago, Aussiekraut said:

Looks pretty good but did you use the Polyclar in the keg? I use it in the FV during CC

Yes, it’s in the keg. I might do a keg-to-keg transfer to leave it behind. If I can stop drinking it first, it’s all I have left ready 😳

• Haha 3

The photo is not up to scratch, but now there is no Pale Ale left to compare with the new drop; the Coopers Brew A IPA! I also read all my tasting beer info (thanks @Classic Brewing Co and others) and still struggled to describe the flavours of these two beers. The IPA is on the left, and Pale Ale on the right.

Despite having no head,  both beers have a reasonable carbonation.  Both have body; not thin or 'hollow' like my husband's Tooheys New. The IPA has an earthy, spicy taste, but no citrus notes that I can detect. I think the IPA is quite bitter. I have enjoyed the last batch of Pale Ale which had 24g of Galaxy hops added via 'hop teabags'. The IPA had 1.5kg of Light Dry Malt added. 

Brew A IPA & Pale Ale (2).jpg

• Like 7