Coopers Community

What are you drinking in 2023?

Aussiekraut

3 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Fair enough but in the old days when I was travelling through NSW, the main beers on tap were Resch's old (yuk, tasted like tar) & the other I think was Resch's New I think) they were bloody awful. 

I found this but didn't Tooths become Toohey's?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resch's

• Like 2

Well I have come to the conclusion that hoppy red ales are my thing. This one is so well balanced you want to drink more the Caraaroma and the Carared are awesome! I do want to try it with a bit more bitterness and more hops though to try and match some of the ones I have had at breweries!

CF915D6F-A3D2-4A91-864F-2D896A190C14.jpeg

84B84A16-2C7A-450B-BB57-C2740687DA02.jpeg

Edited by RDT2
  • Like 13

12 minutes ago, RDT2 said:

Well I have come to the conclusion that hoppy red ales are my thing. This one is so well balanced you want to drink more the Caraaroma and the Carared are awesome! I do want to try it with a bit more bitterness and more hops though to try and match some of the ones I have had at breweries!

Beautiful stuff mate looks awesome.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RDT2 said:

Look at that Copper colour. Beautiful.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, RDT2 said:

a red ale    specially a good red rye ale  is favourite style of mine    i cant get enough of them

• Like 3

12 hours ago, RDT2 said:

What hops are you using in the reds RD?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, RDT2 said:

That is one fine looking beer RD. Just beautiful.

• Thanks 1

Woolies Larger Toucan with passionfruit addition, galaxy and ella, brewed with kveik voss at 37º. You can definitely taste the passionfruit as well as other tropical fruit esters. The kit twang (if any) is perfectly masked, quite surprised how well it came out. Thanks to @Malter White for suggesting the toucan - 2x$8.80 (on special) I thought why not? NB I have slightly enhanced the photo to demonstrate how red/amber this brew came out as the original pic did not do it justice.

IMG_0074.thumb.JPG.00c432b1e2e8085e46b518debeff35c5.JPG

• Like 15

2 hours ago, Cheap Charlie said:

Woolies Larger Toucan with passionfruit addition, galaxy and ella, brewed with kveik voss at 37º. You can definitely taste the passionfruit as well as other tropical fruit esters. The kit twang (if any) is perfectly masked, quite surprised how well it came out. Thanks to @Malter White for suggesting the toucan - 2x$8.80 (on special) I thought why not? NB I have slightly enhanced the photo to demonstrate how red/amber this brew came out as the original pic did not do it justice.

IMG_0074.thumb.JPG.00c432b1e2e8085e46b518debeff35c5.JPG

I'm glad it turned out well for you, Charlie. I've never used Kveik yeast but it has high endorsements and I think that is the key to using those WW tins. The included yeast works but I don't think it gets best results.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Malter White said:

I'm glad it turned out well for you, Charlie. I've never used Kveik yeast but it has high endorsements and I think that is the key to using those WW tins. The included yeast works but I don't think it gets best results.

Yeah it was during a bloody hot spell, we were touching cloth on the 40º mark so I decided to give the kveik a go. Absolutely perfect if you're chasing that summer fruit beer thing. Oh and I also added 1kg of ultra brew to that mix, ended up around 7%.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Tone boy said:

What hops are you using in the reds RD?

For this one I used super pride for the initial bittering and then Simcoe. Next time it will be Idaho7, citra and eclipse late!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1