Coopers Community

What are you drinking in 2023?

Aussiekraut

8 hours ago, Kegory said:

I'm a fan of reds, too. What is this one?

It’s the nail red clone off Brewfather but I changed the hops for what I had on hand! I used super pride for bittering and Simcoe late with Simcoe and Galaxy for the dry hop. I think I put the recipe in brew day but if I haven’t I can post it! I had a look it’s on page 5!

Edited by RDT2
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Oatmeal Stout this is very nice!!!! Tossing up whether to nitro or not! Was saving this for tomorrow but couldn’t help it! This was another disaster brew day that has come good!

D5B4DF61-F393-4EE2-B9D0-7653429FAA52.jpeg

Edited by RDT2
  • Like 11
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, RDT2 said:

Oatmeal Stout this is very nice!!!! Tossing up whether to nitro or not! Was saving this for tomorrow but couldn’t help it! This was another disaster brew day that has come good!

D5B4DF61-F393-4EE2-B9D0-7653429FAA52.jpeg

Are you serious? this forum always stepping up. That is an amazing looking Stout. Our wedding certificate is in the mail.

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, Pale Man said:

Are you serious? this forum always stepping up. That is an amazing looking Stout. Our wedding certificate is in the mail.

Thanks mate needed two reaction for that post!

• Haha 3

On 3/15/2023 at 10:05 PM, RDT2 said:

maybe some rye

I am about to brew a Ryerish Red so interested in what percentage of rye you guys would recommend? @RDT2 & @beach_life 

My initial play around with an initial recipe has approximately 76 % Coopers Ale Malt, 16 % WEY Caraamber, 7 % WEY Rye and 1 % JW Roasted Barley.

Edited by iBooz2
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, iBooz2 said:

I am about to brew a Ryerish Red so interested in what percentage of rye you guys would recommend? @RDT2 & @beach_life 

My initial play around with an initial recipe has approximately 76 % Coopers Ale Malt, 16 % WEY Caraamber, 7 % WEY Rye and 1 % JW Roasted Barley.

I’ve only used it in one midstrength brew tbh but the recipes I have seen seem to be 5-10% so I guess you are in the safe zone. 
I am keen to try it on a bigger scal though!

Edited by RDT2
  • Like 4

36 minutes ago, iBooz2 said:

I use a kilo in my rye lager, which is apparently 17.9% of the grain bill. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, stquinto said:

Free cobwebs too 🕷️🕸️

The cobwebs make the dungeon look just so much more authentic and create the right atmosphere for you and your beers over there @stquinto Love it. 

But get back into your day chamber before the sun comes up or @Classic Brewing Co will hunt you down with a wooden stake. ha ha

Edited by iBooz2
  • Haha 7

7 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

Must brew me another Duvel clone.

If you fancy a recipe, this one works for me.

I've used candi syrup, dex and also table sugar. All good, I don't reckon the candi syrup makes it that much better to justify the added expense. I've used two packs of MJ41, and also Wyeast 1388, and the trub from that one a second time. All good. For the bottles I added 2g of Fermentis F2 with the bulk prime sugar just before bottling. It was a bit maltier that others I've made. 

The one thing that made a difference with the bottled ones was that I kept them 9 months so far.... quite a long project but worth it if you have the cellar space and spare bottles.

Oh, and the FG was more like 1.004, I didn't fill int the right bit on the GF software.

Duvel Clone Recipe.pdf

conditioning notes.JPG

Edited by stquinto
typo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, stquinto said:

If you fancy a recipe, this one works for me.

I've used candi syrup, dex and also table sugar. All good, I don't reckon the candi syrup makes it that much better to justify the added expense. I've used two packs of MJ41, and also Wyeast 1388, and the trub from that one a second time. All good. For the bottles I added 2g of Fermentis F2 with the bulk prime sugar just before bottling. It was a bit maltier that others I've made. 

The one thing that made a difference with the bottled ones was that I kept them 9 months so far.... quite a long project but worth it if you have the cellar space and spare bottles.

Oh, and the FG was more like 1.004, I didn't fill int the right bit on the GF software.

Duvel Clone Recipe.pdf 863.69 kB · 1 download

conditioning notes.JPG

Awesome fella thanks for that. I've made two " Duvels " and my recipe is pretty much identical to yours. I use dext.

Only difference is I didnt step mash and used a different yeast, Lallemand Abbaye. 

I actually preferred my version to the real Duvel, thats saying something, Duvel is a lovely beer.

I'll give your step mash version a crack and see how much improvement if any comes again.

Thanks for the effort of putting up your recipe, much appreciated. 

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Sláinte

Good job on the Guinness, looks bloody awesome, Nitro?

Not yet as I need to put some in a growler for my dad and his old mate but I tell you what the stout spout does a good job just on co2 be interested to see the difference when I put it on nitro in a couple of days!

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, RDT2 said:

Not yet as I need to put some in a growler for my dad and his old mate but I tell you what the stout spout does a good job just on co2 be interested to see the difference when I put it on nitro in a couple of days!

Yeah, I have a Stout Tap too, haven't used it yet but in a few days, I will be kegging a stout so I will try it.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, iBooz2 said:

I haven't done a red rye but your recipe looks OK. Maybe some Carared as well? Higher %'s of rye will give you a more earthy taste that some people do not like.

• Like 4