Coopers Community

What are you drinking in 2023?

Aussiekraut

9 hours ago, ozdevil said:

your turn next mate ,   you know you really want   to

you get your first  we then can get @jennyssto do her 1st A.G

be great to see you  both do A,G

No, I'll stay a Happy Kit and Bit's man.

Same with Kegs, be nice but No..

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Popo the Degenerate said:

Bravo, mate. Looks great. Congratulations 👏 

What was the recipe?

It was one of Al's @iBooz2 recipes. The COPA . Simple enough for my first crack at it. This is a slightly modified version of it for the 35 ltr digiboil BIAB

image_2023-03-13_121040177.png

Edited by Mickep
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Here's a way to take you brew with you if you are going to the snow, I am thinking that's what @Red devil 44 & @stquinto do as they both come across snow

I took a couple of smaller kegs when I went on a ski trip (I posted them in January). 10 minutes outside and the beer froze…

FA04C3DE-F54F-4DE9-946D-B9EDBA0EC97B.jpeg

• Haha 2
  • Sad 2

Pale Ale - Which is best! - Bottle or Keg

I just opened one of the Pale Ales that I bottled - the balance from the last keg.

I would definitely say the pour from the keg tastes way superior to the bottles, as it appears to have much more body, a lingering hop taste & bitterness a nice foamy tight head.

The bottled version is a very nice drink, but you cannot achieve the tight head & it tastes a lot sweeter.

So, it is kegging for me - bottling sucks.

20230313_143944.thumb.jpg.550699e5129e26940a44c0b497ad5806.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Pale Ale - Which is best! - Bottle or Keg

I just opened one of the Pale Ales that I bottled - the balance from the last keg.

I would definitely say the pour from the keg tastes way superior to the bottles, as it appears to have much more body, a lingering hop taste & bitterness a nice foamy tight head.

The bottled version is a very nice drink, but you cannot achieve the tight head & it tastes a lot sweeter.

So, it is kegging for me - bottling sucks.

If you pour them ok bottles can be fine. Sure they’re a PITA. When I make some Belgian Dubbels you have to bottle them as they need to condition for a year or more.

Sure, kegging’s easier, although getting the pour right can take a while.

Never used PET bottles though, you can’t get them here.

But I reckon bottling is good enough to get you off the ground (or down the rabbit hole)

• Like 3

On 3/12/2023 at 3:49 PM, Mickep said:

My first AG in the glass. Only day 2 in the keg but tastes magnificent. Needs a bit of time to clear up. 

333764659_1239677596940789_7587430602029366406_n.jpg

Glad you are enjoying it @Mickep, so together we broke your curse huh!  I hope you saved a soup ladle scoop of the trub for your next AG batch of COPA.  Are you going to give your old man a taste?

If left in the keg for 4 weeks it will be a clear as a lager but you don't want that because by then the PoR has faded.  This beer IMO peaks at 3 weeks in the keg, still nice afterwards but best in the 2 - 3 week area.  Well done bloke, I hope you are proud of yourself and also hope that I have not created an AG monster ha ha.

Edited by iBooz2
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, DavidM said:

Very Nice Mick, 

You have dived into the Hole and left me holding the bottle..

Well Done on your First AG

Looking to see pic's of many more!

@DavidM you could set a trap at the entrance, he has to come out of the burrow to poo sometime ha ha.

• Haha 4

Some things just get better with age. 18 month old Mr.Sinister Ale, it’s a vicious drop. Still have about 8 bottles left. Will have another one next month. Took one to work and the guys just loved it. They also cracked a 17 month old bottle of Mangrove Jack’s Strawberry & Pear Cider and absolutely loved it. (As they did the Blueberry Cider). Sometimes I must do something right, ha ha

89BDFC96-E129-4DC9-95CD-D06BBF4769F2.jpeg

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Brauhaus Fritz said:

Some things just get better with age. 18 month old Mr.Sinister Ale, it’s a vicious drop. Still have about 8 bottles left. Will have another one next month. Took one to work and the guys just loved it. They also cracked a 17 month old bottle of Mangrove Jack’s Strawberry & Pear Cider and absolutely loved it. (As they did the Blueberry Cider). Sometimes I must do something right, ha ha

89BDFC96-E129-4DC9-95CD-D06BBF4769F2.jpeg

Wow. Is it still maturing/improving or is it just changing?

• Like 2